The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Any thought on The Extractor by Jeff Travilla? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bartelli
View Profile
Elite user
Belgium
403 Posts

Profile of Bartelli
I saw this at imentalism.com: http://www.imentalism.com/index.php/e-bo......xtractor
Can anyone tell me if this can be used in any country?
Matthew Townsend
View Profile
Inner circle
1302 Posts

Profile of Matthew Townsend
Yes it can and its brilliant!!!

Get it as soon as you can!

Its great for pre-show work and for doing "hot" readings and reading minds.

Jeff really fooled me with the book test over MSN Messenger.

Something that we all should be using really. I don think we take enough advantage of what we can now do with technology.

Peace & Love

Matt
G.
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of G.
So I'm a bit confused, are all the effects over the MSN messenger? Or in person, or the pre-show work is done on the messenger then perform in person?
pearljamjeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Ann Arbor
1249 Posts

Profile of pearljamjeff
Just to clarify, this is a process of internet pre-show research and how to take what you find and turn it into solid mentalism routines. The effects can be done anywhere... in person, over the phone, stage setting, instant messenger, etc... However, I need to make it clear that you do need to have a "target" prior to performance. Some may consider this a drawback, but in many, many performance situations, you will have knowledge of at least one if not many or all of those who will be in attendance. I even include ways of determining this information in multiple performance scenarios.

This pre-show method is the most "covert" method possible. The target never knows that you have done any pre-show, especially when the information is used to create routines that further veil the method. This will NOT take the place of every other pre-show method such as imp pads, p**ks, etc... but it is an extremely powerful tool.

I have done my best to develop a full treatise on internet pre-show. I don't just give you one website and tell you "good luck." I give you a whole process of cross-referencing that helps to deal with issues such as common names and how to obtain initial information about targets. In the attempt to make this a complete treatise, I've included what I believe to be one of the most versatile and impactful principals that I've ever come up with. It's called "Utterly Anything." With this principal, and the proper amount of conviction, you can tell your spectator to think of utterly anything and then properly read his/her mind. This ruse can be applied to almost any mentalism effect, but it particularly suits the Extractor process.

I'll never forget when I did "A Special Date" demonstration for a member here on the Café. He PMed me his phone number and I called him that evening. I asked him to think of an important date and then proceeded to not only correctly name the date, but the reason the date was meaningful to him. His response was:

"I've been doing magic for a long time, and when you offered to do an effect for me over the phone, I fully expected to write something down, switch it around, or deal some cards or something... I can't believe what you just did. How could you know that?! It's been a long time since I've felt as if I have experienced real magic. That was unbelievable."

This process is definitely not for the beginner in mentalism. Substantial acting and thinking-on-your-feet might be required in some of the presentations of this material. Because of the nature of a part of the method, I am only selling 50 copies of this material. It's been out less than a month, and there are about half left. I also am making myself personally available for every customer to assist with any part of the process, if you experience difficulty. It's by no means difficult, but the cross-referencing process can take a little getting used to. I'm here to help!!

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to email me at any time. jefftravilla@gmail.com

Best every day,

Jeff Travilla
Jeff Travilla - I own an advertising agency to help finance my magic addiction.
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2009-07-01 18:12, Bartelli wrote:
I saw this at imentalism.com: http://www.imentalism.com/index.php/e-bo......xtractor
Can anyone tell me if this can be used in any country?

Yes it can. Its brilliant.
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2009-07-05 00:30, G. wrote:
So I'm a bit confused, are all the effects over the MSN messenger? Or in person, or the pre-show work is done on the messenger then perform in person?

No, the participant really never knows you know everything about them.
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2429 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Funny... Looks like someone we all know here has used this in one of his shows recently...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Any thought on The Extractor by Jeff Travilla? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL