The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » T.U.C Tango Ultimate Coin (48 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16..28..39..50..61..72~73~74 [Next]
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Please notice the offer of a free TUC effect as a Sneak Preview at
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=202&0

the "Coins Across" selection can use the new ShimSlip, SSES or whatever you call it -- or an old trusty Expanded Shell --

a completely different 3Fly type effect in which the hands never touch and each transport (6) appears different to the audience.

the "Copper-Silver" uses a signed Copper coin and the multiple Changes happen in the spectator's hand.

the "Quarter" is an incredible impromptu Transportation using change from your pocket.

the "Production/Vanish" is a lead in to other effects in which three coins are produced one at a time in spectacular fashion.

enjoy!

Posted: May 5, 2010 12:00pm
It seems that the Effect offered for "Quarter" can work with the Euro TUC also.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
I was receiving some pm asking about the teflon circles for TUC and Slippery shell coins.
I want to say that we sell them and you can get them in your favorite magic store.
One very good tip for TUC is this one: if your teflon circle is damaged for the friction between the magnet and the metal, don't take out the teflon, put a new one over the oldest. 99 per cent of the times the coin works better with 2 teflon circles one over other.
Flyswatter
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Flyswatter
Mr. Tango, funsway, or anyone, where can I get an expanded shimmed shell/shimslip?
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2010-05-07 13:34, Flyswatter wrote:
Mr. Tango, funsway, or anyone, where can I get an expanded shimmed shell/shimslip?

You're better off waiting for the magnetic version Mr. Tango said he will begin making soon. For now you will do much better with a good exp. sh**l instead.

When Mr. Tango first mentioned that he had the slippery sh**ls I went and bought one of Tango's regular non-magnetic ones. Mistake. It is not very good - the heads side is way too flat, similar to Tango's regular exp. sh**l; not enough relief on Kennedy's head/face. Plus I hope they make the new magnetic ones a good bit deeper because the non-magnetic one that I purchased is too shallow and you can see the edge of the TUC much too easily.

Jim
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
We use new half dollar coins to make our coins, and the new coins has less relief comparing with the old coins.
Bambu
View Profile
Elite user
California
498 Posts

Profile of Bambu
I have the dollar size T.U.C and noticed that if it is not used for a while the insert is hard to slide off the shell but after a warm up of sliding the insert in and out a few times, it becomes much easier to do it. I also stuck a piece of tape on top of the magnet as suggested in one of the post.

Seems that the the magnet loses some strength while in use and then regains full force when it's idling.
Marc Frese
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of Marc Frese
Quote:
On 2010-04-29 07:01, Marc Frese wrote:
Hi,
I need help!

I have the 2 € coin, and I am not happy!

My coin has small dents on the side.
The coin is very loud at the slightest movement.
Also I can not put the coin from one hand to the other.
I would have to deal with the coin as a raw egg.
Always there is the noise!

Does anyone have an idea?

all the best
marc

Hello, little great news!
Tango has replaced my coins!
The new coin has even a german back.
Great! I call that great customer service!!
Very big thanks to tango magic!
And everything was quite simple, a photo and a mail was enough.
Many thanks!

The new coin is really fantastic.
Well made and accurate.
I have played for hours with the coin.

Highly recommended.

10/10
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Dear Friends,

I want to remember you that I will be lecturing in Sand Diego July 11st, the day after IBM congress finish. I will be in Knoxville too July 15th. I will be 3 days in Knoxville at Funsway house, so if somebody wants to meet me I will be there playing with my T.U.Cs

See you there.

PD: I will take a good number of silver TUC in Morgan and Walking Liberty versions to sell in my lectures.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Offer extended

while final editing is progressing with the "Essential T.U.C." book
the offer of a free effect has been extended

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......tart=270

the feedback has been most helpful -- so, let me know which T.U.C. you have, get a special effect and drop me a line
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
If you or anyone you know is going to be in San Diego July 11th, be sure to attend Mr. Tango's 2 hour long TUC Lecture. It will be held at the same hotel as the convention (the IBM convention finishes the day before Mr. Tango's lecture).

This will be an INCREDIBLE opportunity to learn how to use the Tango Ultimate Coin. Mr. Tango will present the lecture and teach basic technique as well as these effects:

3 Fly

One Coin Routine

Coins through table

Matrix (with reverse)

Chink a Chink

Coin Through Borrowed Bill

Signed Coin to Can

Signed Coin to Pepper

Coins Across

Coins To Glass

Coins to Spectator's Hand

Always 3

Coin Production(s)

Copper and Silver Routines

What a great opportunity to learn from the creator of the Tango Ultimate Coin!

See you there!

sdmagic
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
I just received my custom made Morgan TUC. This gaff is blowing me away. I already had a standard TUC half so I already knew its workings and how useful it is, but I had no idea that it would make such a difference to get the Morgan version. I am so glad that I saved up to do it. The Morgan size makes all the difference in the world. It just works more smoothly, effortlessly in fact. I also requested a round m****t rather than square - I prefer it - and the operation is smooth as glass. I can see where the square might be helpful under certain circumstances (ie, if you do a lot of coin magic in the spec's hands), but for me, the circle works great.

Quite simply, this is the most useful coin gaff I own.

Another thing, Dealing with Mr. Tango was an absolute pleasure. Not only is he creating revolutionary magic, but he is humble and easy to deal with. What a combination!

Regards,

Alan
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
I second the opinion - we had some mailing issues and when the one Mr Tango sent me didn't come, he instead sent me another one - I am very pleased with it.

Mike
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
Don't forget to mark your calendar for Mr. Tango's July 11th TUC Lecture (2 Hours!) in San Diego. It will be held at the Town and Country Hotel the morning AFTER the IBM Convention finishes. PM me if you need details...

sdmagic
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Dear Friends,

See you in San Diego, I will have a lot Morgan and Walking liberty TUC there. I'm really anxious to give my lecture there.

Bye
superpixel
View Profile
Regular user
Knoxville, TN
133 Posts

Profile of superpixel
Looking forward to your lecture this week in Knoxville! Will you have any quarter size TUC inventory with you?
-- superpixels / victor / banana wizard --
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Yes, I have it.
sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
I attended Mr. Tango's "Stress Free Magic" seminar last weekend. It was excellent! Mr. Tango explained several effects that are SO EASY to do using the Tango Ultimate Coin (TUC). The lecture/workshop was 2 hours long, and packed with great coin routines including Reverse Matrix, Coins Across, Chink-A-Chink, Coins Through Table, Coins to Glass and a killer Copper/Silver effect.

If you're not a skilled sleight of hand artist, you should get a TUC and learn these effects. Mr. Tango calls it Stress Free Magic, and it really is!

The TUC enables even beginning coin magicians to perform numerous effects that used to require difficult moves. With the TUC the handling is simplified, and there are no fast moves.

The TUC is a revolutionary new way to do close up coin magic. If you get a chance to attend Mr. Tango's lecture I highly recommend it!!
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Ouch! It appears that prices have gone up for TUCs recently! Rats!

I purchased three of them when they were released and noticed that most magic shops online offered reasonable discounts on them. I just took another look at several shops this week and it looks like all are holding to the retail price or very close to it. I'll probably find discounts somewhere but I wonder if the dealer agreement now calls for a "minimum advertised price" for TUCs?

Jim
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
During my couple of days with Mr. Tango the subject of pricing, packaging, support materials, etc. came up frequently. Tango has not raised its prices, and if anything you should see a price reduction in future years on standard sized (available coins) but an increase in custom coins like a Morgan Set. It's a matter of producion efficiency vs. material/labor costs.

Mr. Tango does not dictate pricing -- don't know about Murphy's. The fact that people are hanging onto their TUC's may have an impact, i.e. dealers are not competing with a used TUC market. If the idea of "Keep on TUCing" support/mentoring groups catches on that may be a source for TUC's where people are "moving up" to other models.

J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Hi Ken!

I should have made my post more clear: I was referring to the prices that most online magic shops are charging. For a few months after the initial debut of the TUC all that I visited offered their usual discounts. Lately though the shops' pricing is either retail or just a tad under retail.

Ken, quite often creators dictate a MAP - Minimum Advertised Price - which sets the prices a retailer must adhere to, at least in their advertising. See this link for an example: http://consumerist.com/2007/09/what-is-m......ice.html

I wasn’t stating that this has been done with the TUC, and I didn't say that this was fact and that Mr. Tango has such a policy; I said "I wonder if the dealer agreement now calls for a "minimum advertised price" for TUCs" in my last post.

When you see prices for a certain item suddenly appear to be the same at various shops it crosses one's mind. At least this mind! Smile

Thank you.

Jim

Posted: Jul 16, 2010 1:16pm
And by the way, this won't keep me from purchasing more TUCs - I still haven't picked up any TUC Quarters and I do want a couple of those, along with at least one Ike TUC. What IS stopping me for now is very simple: my available funds to spend on magic. Most has been going toward more magic books lately.

I'll get 'em sooner or later.

Thank you.

Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » T.U.C Tango Ultimate Coin (48 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16..28..39..50..61..72~73~74 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL