The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » T.U.C Tango Ultimate Coin (48 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..25~26~27~28~29..38..46..54..62..70..72~73~74 [Next]
AdamChance
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of AdamChance
Quote:
On 2012-02-03 22:32, Trooper11040 wrote:
I just got mine too...still not sure what to do with it lol...the DVD effects seem boring

ya, I'm kinda in the same boat. I think the effects on the DVD are pretty decent and they're a good place to start. but there's a lot more possibilities out there. I wish there were more videos on youtube of people performing so that I can get some more ideas for routines.

this guy does a nice little routine...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5UOx5qcM68

I think I'm going to work on a matrix routine first.

I'd be interested to hear how people are incorporating an expanded shell with the TUC as well.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Mr tango should be coming out
with his new tuc dvd soon.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
I just got mine too...still not sure what to do with it lol...the DVD effects seem boring

check out "T.U.C. Appreciation" on lulu.com, and comments here on the Café' More than 70 effects explained in detail, with new moves and sleights so that you can craft a hundred more.

Yes, some include using an EXP Sh**l in conjunction with the TUC
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
790 Posts

Profile of Daniel Clemente
Only problem with my Lassen Expanded Shell is it's shimmed like an oxf set...once it touches the tuc, it's on there!
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
790 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-02-04 02:23, funsway wrote:
Quote:

check out "T.U.C. Appreciation" on lulu.com, and comments here on the Café' More than 70 effects explained in detail, with new moves and sleights so that you can craft a hundred more.

I just bought your book!
AdamChance
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of AdamChance
Quote:
On 2012-02-04 10:17, Trooper11040 wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-02-04 02:23, funsway wrote:
Quote:

I just bought your book!

how is the book? useful?
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
790 Posts

Not sure yet...bought it but had to go to work...didn't get a chance to look at it yet
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
I was shooting the DVD but I couldn't finish it, I really want to make a better work as the first DVD, actually I know that the first DVD is not complete so this time I want to take the necessary time to make a good and new contribution to the TUC users. So, now I'm going to my lecture tour around England and when I come back in March I will start again.
Remember if somebody want to be in the DVD with his idea, send me videos to info@tangomagic.com
Dacodakid
View Profile
Regular user
Marina Del Rey, CA
133 Posts

Profile of Dacodakid
Just got a Walking Liberty TUC and it seems real loose and "rickety". Makes a lot of noise when I handle it. Is that normal or did I just get a bad one?
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Sometimes silver coins need to be used some days to get the best point, play with the coin and it will adjust itself, anyway if you are not happy you can send the coin back and ask a replacement.
AdamChance
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of AdamChance
Quote:
On 2012-02-08 21:16, Dacodakid wrote:
Just got a Walking Liberty TUC and it seems real loose and "rickety". Makes a lot of noise when I handle it. Is that normal or did I just get a bad one?

my US half dollar is perfect. I don't have any of those problems.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I can't wait to get my morgen tuc.
todd
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:

See if you can get your hands on a couple of others to compare (if you have not owned one before). One man's "loose and rickety" is another man's "really good". I've had 3, and they were all about the same.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2012-02-08 22:02, bowers wrote:
I can't wait to get my morgen tuc.
todd

I love mine. Sure you will, too.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:

I'm not sure what you mean by "loose", but the noise issue was discussed pretty extensively on this thread. You should look back a few pages. As with a sh**l, the noise is reduced with practice and routining.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I think I know what he means, Banzai. I have an Ike TUC and it is also very loose - always has been. Loose enough that when you hold it up one edge hangs open. And if I were to hold it by the edges of the shell portion any overt move can cause the insert to fall out. When I use this TUC - which isn't very often - I have to handle it with great care. BTW, none of my half-dollar TUCs, C/S TUC, or quarter TUC are loose like that at all.

Jim
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I would talk with mr tango about
that jim I have 4 ikes and all of
then fit great.you can flip it
throw it from hand to hand without
worry of it coming loose.
todd
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2012-02-11 00:16, J-Mac wrote:
I think I know what he means, Banzai. I have an Ike TUC and it is also very loose - always has been. Loose enough that when you hold it up one edge hangs open. And if I were to hold it by the edges of the shell portion any overt move can cause the insert to fall out. When I use this TUC - which isn't very often - I have to handle it with great care. BTW, none of my half-dollar TUCs, C/S TUC, or quarter TUC are loose like that at all.

Jim

I have 4 TUCs (1 Morgan, 3 non-silver gaffs) and NONE are like this. You definitely got a bad one, guys. Time for a shipment to Argentina.
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
No Banzai, you are wrong, every coin work different, I can say that half of my TUC are are very loose, everything depend how the coin get adjust by self. The important is that the coin work for the effect.
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2012-02-13 16:37, Mr. Tango wrote:
No Banzai, you are wrong, every coin work different, I can say that half of my TUC are are very loose, everything depend how the coin get adjust by self. The important is that the coin work for the effect.

Jim says he has one TUC that is "loose enough that when you hold it up one edge hangs open". And further that if he was "to hold it by the edges of the shell portion any overt move can cause the insert to fall out". That doesn't sound like a properly working TUC to me, and Jim seems to agree stating that he doesn't use it very often. I don't think I would like his TUC either, the way he described it. I have always found you to be very reputable in my dealings with you and I have seen you offer to exchange coins here on the Café in the past when someone was dissatisfied. I assume that would apply if looseness was the issue.

I had never heard of a looseness problem with TUCs until these posts. In fact, with some of my TUCs, I have had the oppostie problem - too strong of an attraction until I warm up with them a bit). Thanks, Jim, for letting us know it is a potential issue.

BTW, Mr. Tango, I am really looking forward to your DVD.

Regards,

Alan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » T.U.C Tango Ultimate Coin (48 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..25~26~27~28~29..38..46..54..62..70..72~73~74 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL