The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » T.U.C Tango Ultimate Coin (48 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..27~28~29~30~31..40..48..56..64..72~73~74 [Next]
The MailMan
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of The MailMan
Hi Mr Tango, I love my TUC but I sometimes think I would prefer the M----- to be a little stronger, is there a way to replace it with a different one or strengthen the original one? The reason I ask is that I often find the coin "slipping" during the matrix effect.
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
MailMan, you can solve the problem in 5 seconds, just put a small piece of masking paper in the center of the magnet and it will become weak.

About the coin across, thank you very much for your words, actually I think that I can make it better, I always perform that routine in my show and I didn't be comfortable with the cam angle, anyway I'm happy. In my first DVD there is a coin across but not this one, I will include this TUC Coin Across in the new DVD.
About the new DVD, let me say that one month ago before to go to my UK tour I hit my middle finger nail and I have this nail totally black now, I'm waiting to pass this small problem to continue shooting the DVD. I think it will be ready for the next FISM congress in July.
The MailMan
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of The MailMan
Hi Mr Tango, I mean how do you make the magnet stronger not weaker, I have no problems with the gimmick staying together but the problem comes with lifting the S--- C--- with the gimmick fully assembled; I am using the 2 pound coin version and it is too heavy for the M----- to hold the whole thing together on the S--- and so it slides off.

Other than that I love the product Smile
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Great review! This is why I like Wizard Magic Review, regardless of problems recently encountered! Very informative!

Doug
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Got my Ike tuc today in the mail. Immediately I shimmed my ike expanded [. Now I have a killer 3 in 1 coin. Love it!
itlust
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of itlust
Quote:
On 2012-03-09 16:02, Brian Proctor wrote:
Got my Ike tuc today in the mail. Immediately I shimmed my ike expanded [. Now I have a killer 3 in 1 coin. Love it!

I'm sorry for asking ? if you shimmed your expanded shell,how do you separate the shell from TUC ?wont it be stuck ?
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I took a pin on style button, used scissors and cut the tin into a small circle. I have Teflon discs from tango magic. Just placed it under the teflon and since the tin is so thin, it is attracted to the m****t just enough to toss it in the air without separating. At the same time, when holding the unit in spellbound position, it falls out under its own weight.
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Quote:
On 2012-03-09 23:14, Brian Proctor wrote:
I took a pin on style button,

What is that?
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
A metal button with a closing pin. Like a political button.
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
For those who may have been fortunate to handle the 2 pound version and the 10pence version (UK) which do you feel is the better coin to handle. There is a big difference in the size of each coin and wondered if the size would make a difference in the handling and operation of the gimmicks. I know TheMailMan has expressed an issue above regarding the weight of the 2 pound version which has an effect on the workings of the gimmick.

As I would only perform this for walk around/strolling the effects I would use would probably only be 3fly and coins across. This question goes out to anyone I think. Do you feel bigger coins are easier to handle than smaller coins? Especially when having to work the gimmicks?

Thanks
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
10 pence is better but 2 pounds works too.

If somebody has interest to take lessons with me about TUC routines by skipe please contact me by PM. I would like to try to teach thru this way.
It won't be cheap because is my time but not so expensive.
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Wow, Mr Tango himself! A pleasure sir, thank you. Thanks for your kind advice.
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
I also fell in love with that coins across. Since I'm using Ike dollars now, I'm interested in the Eisenhower TUC. I've heard, however, that they won't pass muster in close-up situations with good lighting. If anyone has this set and can PM me about it, I'd very much appreciate it.
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
I use Morgan dollars in my close up routine so you can use the IKE without problems
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2012-03-10 17:57, writeall wrote:
I also fell in love with that coins across. Since I'm using Ike dollars now, I'm interested in the Eisenhower TUC. I've heard, however, that they won't pass muster in close-up situations with good lighting. If anyone has this set and can PM me about it, I'd very much appreciate it.

It depends on what you are using it for. The "leaf" is thin and should not be shown on edge. If you are doing a matrix effect and some kid's head is only 6 inches above your table, it might be an issue. In the hands and viewed from above should not be a problem with the right handling.

I don't see how lighting would be an issue. I have a Morgan TUC that can be shown on both sides with more confidence than any of my other gaffs (except my Lassen coins).
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
If you want to perform the matrix that I perform with TUC, Ike or Morgan size doesn't work, in this case you have to use half dollars and smaller coins.
I open my shows with 3 fly routine and close with coin across and I always use Morgan coins
BaryBazz
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
213 Posts

Profile of BaryBazz
OK you guys have sold me on it.Just ordered the 10p version in the UK.Mr T will the coins across be on the DVD or how do I get it.

Barry
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
There are a dozen "coins across" effects in "T.U.C. Appreciation" in additon to the several Tango verions.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
587 Posts

Profile of Motor City
"T.U.C. Appreciation" is a worthwhile investment if you own a T.U.C.
BaryBazz
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
213 Posts

Profile of BaryBazz
Thanks guys I will have to invest in TUC Appreciation.

Barry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » T.U.C Tango Ultimate Coin (48 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..27~28~29~30~31..40..48..56..64..72~73~74 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL