The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » T.U.C Tango Ultimate Coin (48 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20~21..32..42..52..62..72~73~74 [Next]
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2011-01-05 21:06, Chessmann wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-11-11 08:59, The Great Dave wrote:
I modified it with three layers of scotch tape cut to the size of the square. It works perfectly now.

This is an excellent post on 2 levels:

- Provides a wonderful solution to the problem I had that caused me to eventually sell my TUC. It just would not open consistently. This is a great solution, which can be modified even further, if needed, by adding a smller piece/pieces of tape to a particular area of the gaff.

- It encourages us to not just say, "This won't work, so I will sell it" but to think "How can I make this work?" Works the same in routines, as well. For example, not saying, "I don't care for this trick" but "How can I work this gaff to its best advantage?"

Hey Chess,

Angelo pm'd me and in answering him I got to thinking that the square/round issue might just be the problem. Although this thread has gotten very long, it contains a bunch of good advice on care and use of this great gaff, and is well worth reading (at least the last 6-8 months worth).

By the way my Morgan TUC is a twin of the one I think you just bought (made in the same run). Hope you enjoy it as much as I have been enjoying mine.

Regards,

Alan
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
There's a point.

I can't say for sure if the square/round was a big thing. We do know that Mr. Tango now makes all his gaffs round, so I guess there was something to it. I purchased another very recently (the first one was square, but the pressing of the coin as a remedy for inconsistent opening was not consistent for me), tested it out, applied the "Great Dave" remedy, and bingo.

You are right, this is a great thread.

Yes, I am awaiting the Morgan TUC I just purchased, and looking forward to it.

All the best -
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Problem is that most magic shops still have TUCs with the square magnets in them. Even when they get "new" shipments they still have square magnets - I guess the distributors still have back stock. And there is no way for them to know which they have without opening the package and the TUC itself. Not having local brick & mortar shops around can be a real PITA. I have purchased three additional TUCs since the round magnets came out and only the quarter TUC has a round magnet. And that's because I believe that all quarter TUCs have round.

Thank you.

Jim
Meshuggina
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of Meshuggina
Oh good! I just ordered a quarter and was hoping it would be round, but I figured I could live with it if it wasn't. I'm hoping you're right and it's round though.
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Hello Friends,

I confirm all the quarter coins has circle magnet and we all making all TUC versions with circle magnet now.
funnybiz
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of funnybiz
I got my first TUC today and I have to say that initially I was underwhelmed. However, after working with it throughout the day I have to say that I think it's likely to become one of the gaffs I utilize the most. It's versatility is impressive. For me it has required the least amount of practice and acclimation to a gimmick that I can recall. I got a Morgan set and it's too heavy for the matrix/card stuff. That's fine, though...since that's really, for me, a half dollar routine anyway. I plan to get this gimmick for all my coin sets. I was a little dubious that something like this could warrant books like Funsway has made. In fact, I bought his book before I got the gimmick almost out of sheer skepticism (sorry Funsway--no lack of confidence in you implied). However, after only a day of working with this. I'm pretty much happy to admit I was wrong. Chalk up another TUC convert.
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Hi
I have dry hands so I'm looking for something to apply to the T.U.C so that it's easier to handle.I use rosin and golden touch lotion on my hands now. I was wondering if there was something like roughing fluid, that I could apply to the T.U.C every once in awhile, to make it easier to work with.
Does anyone have some kind of recommendation? I might try roughing fluid on a regular half dollar to see if it works.
thanks
Ralph
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2011-01-15 10:57, ralphs007 wrote:
Hi
I have dry hands so I'm looking for something to apply to the T.U.C so that it's easier to handle.I use rosin and golden touch lotion on my hands now. I was wondering if there was something like roughing fluid, that I could apply to the T.U.C every once in awhile, to make it easier to work with.
Does anyone have some kind of recommendation? I might try roughing fluid on a regular half dollar to see if it works.
thanks
Ralph

In my experience, the larger the coin, the better it works generally. With dry hands, I would consider Ikes or spring for a Morgan TUC. Some other users have had luck adding tape to the m****t to make it work better for them. Read back a few pages on this thread to see if the problems they were having sound similar to what you are dealing with.

Regards,

Alan
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Quote:
On 2011-01-15 22:48, BanzaiMagic wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-01-15 10:57, ralphs007 wrote:
Hi
thanks
Ralph
Hi
My T.U.C works great as long as I use lotion or put violin resin on my thumbs. My set also works great after I wash my hands.I sprayed roughing fluid on my TUC and it really helped. I'll have to see how long it holds up before I have to spray it again.I don't think there is a problem with my set. I think my dry hands are the real problem.
Thanks
Ralph

In my experience, the larger the coin, the better it works generally. With dry hands, I would consider Ikes or spring for a Morgan TUC. Some other users have had luck adding tape to the m****t to make it work better for them. Read back a few pages on this thread to see if the problems they were having sound similar to what you are dealing with.

Regards,

Alan
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Hi
I used roughing fluid on my TUC and it did the trick. It's been over a week now and it still works great for me.
James D. Miles
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Ralph, I have started using a little helper that I originally began using for some card work - mostly separating cards in an Invisible Deck or Brainwave deck: I get the round plastic container of SortKwik and I cut out a hole in the lid - a fairly large hole. Then I keep that in my pants pocket and rub my fingers in it when needed. Gives me a great grip with my fingertips! The SortKwik container comes with a secondary kind of "lid" that is meant to keep on even when the lid it on - I think it says it's to prevent moisture. I keep that on under the lid with the hole when I am not using it.

Jim
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Hi Jim
Thanks for the tip,I'll definitely give it a try! I carry a small atomizer of Golden Touch lotion with me when I know I'll be doing magic.
Thanks again
Ralph
P.S
Is this the right stuff? http://www.staples.com/Lee-Sortkwik-Fing......t_113571
James D. Miles
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Hi Jim
I picked some up yesterday. It works very well,thanks again!
James D. Miles
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
TUC walking liberty half dollar available now from our distributor http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=46930
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7530 Posts

Profile of RNK
TUC Walking Libert Half Dollar- looking for this- Madhatter Magic Shop has this for $129.00! The cheapest price I have found- anyone else?

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2011-01-28 15:57, ralphs007 wrote:
Hi Jim
Thanks for the tip,I'll definitely give it a try! I carry a small atomizer of Golden Touch lotion with me when I know I'll be doing magic.
Thanks again
Ralph
P.S
Is this the right stuff? http://www.staples.com/Lee-Sortkwik-Fing......t_113571

Yes, that's it ralph. Sorry for the late post back but the lack of reply notification here makes it difficult to know what threads to check!

Jim
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2011-02-04 13:58, RNK wrote:
TUC Walking Libert Half Dollar- looking for this- Madhatter Magic Shop has this for $129.00! The cheapest price I have found- anyone else?

RNK

Madhatter usually has super good prices; I would guess that's about the best price you'll find for this, but it's hard to say for sure as you don’t see these advertised generally. The last price I saw for this was on Tango's site - $200 plus S&H!

Jim

Found it again at Tango, though it is listed as a "Morgan". The actual Morgan dollar TUC however is $300 there. http://www.tangomagic.com/product.php?pr......8&page=1
sal
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of sal
Quote:
On 2011-02-04 13:58, RNK wrote:

RNK

Yep - Just went and looked and is is selling for 129.95 , That price is just insane! Don't want to tip anything but if I were Mr Tango I would put a price Lock on his items- like most -- because with prices like this it really hurts the other shops that carry it-- not to say that Mad Hatter is wrong or anything, Competition is the name of the game-- but to put a NEW product like this up for $... over wholesale is just plain ridiculous.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Sal,

Why do you think that $129.95 is high for a heavily gaffed Walking Liberty half dollar coin? Are you kidding? Or do you just not realize how expensive Walkers are nowadays?

Please do a little research and I think you will see differently.

Jim
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
That's a good price. Do these have round m*****s?
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » T.U.C Tango Ultimate Coin (48 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20~21..32..42..52..62..72~73~74 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL