The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » T.U.C Tango Ultimate Coin (48 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..33~34~35~36~37..45..52..59..66..72~73~74 [Next]
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Mr. Tango, Isn't over 85,000 views a record???
TH

Occupy Your Dream
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I love my tucs as good today as when I got my first one.
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
790 Posts

Profile of Daniel Clemente
I have one...it's fun to play around with!
shadowspirit
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of shadowspirit
I just received my 2p TUC. I must say that mine can't be looked at anywhere near closely by a spectator (from the gimmicked side), let alone left in their hand! You can clearly see a gap around the Gimmicked side of the coin. Is this normal or do I have a dud?
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2538 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
I don't have a problem 'flashing' the other side of the 2p version BUT it won't stand careful examination in the same manner that some of the other versions will.

Also, I'd recommend that you look for some older, non-magnetic 2p coins in your change and put these aside. Due to the newer UK copper coins being 'ferromagnetic' (attracted to a magnet) as they are made of steel, working with these together with a TUC can be somewhat difficult to say the least!

That said, I carry a UK 2p and a 10p TUC with me everywhere these days. It does literally any effect possible with coins - it's the greatest gaffed coin to ever hit the market. It takes some degree of practice to get your TUC effects to look 'clean' but every minute of practice is more than worthwhile.
Barry Allen

Over 15 years have now passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
The coins across is so clean looking
with the tuc.
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2538 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Quote:
On 2012-06-04 18:11, bowers wrote:
with the tuc.

Most definitely Todd - but with the standard 2p coin in circulation now being attracted to magnets, think of the additional handling problems it creates.

"Eyy upppp me lad it's a bloody nightmare"! Smile
Barry Allen

Over 15 years have now passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
790 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-06-04 18:11, bowers wrote:
with the tuc.

100% agree!! I love it!!
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I agree barry but great with american coins though.
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
790 Posts

The TUC is a great device with US Currency. It's works flawlessly with my Walking Liberty TUC...my only complaint when I bought it was that both the shell and leaf were not colored the same. The patina on the shell was dark and the insert was shiny. So I needed to fix that right away
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1220 Posts

Profile of magicbern
I have several of Tango's products - 2 expanded Kennedy half, 2 TUCs (Ike and Kennedy), Hopping half and Dollar Size Brass Boston Box. The worksmanship is superb and the TUC works like a dream!

I just contacted MR tango about making a TUC Morgan and his reply was almost instantaneous - what excellent pre-customer service! So how can you NOT want to order from him? In this day and age its great to have such responsive and enthusiastic service! I'm a Tango Magic Fan!!!
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2538 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Quote:
On 2012-06-04 18:25, bowers wrote:
I agree barry but great with american coins though.

Agree with you 100% on that - although I've since sold my initial quarter & half dollar versions of TUC and subsequently reverted back to British Currency to appear, to use this newly adopted phrase in magic.......'More Organic' (whatever that bleedin' means!).

That said, give it a few months, and no doubt I'll be buying a walking liberty version.
Barry Allen

shadowspirit
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of shadowspirit
Quote:
On 2012-06-04 16:55, Merc Man wrote:
I don't have a problem 'flashing' the other side of the 2p version BUT it won't stand careful examination in the same manner that some of the other versions will.

Also, I'd recommend that you look for some older, non-magnetic 2p coins in your change and put these aside. Due to the newer UK copper coins being 'ferromagnetic' (attracted to a magnet) as they are made of steel, working with these together with a TUC can be somewhat difficult to say the least!

That said, I carry a UK 2p and a 10p TUC with me everywhere these days. It does literally any effect possible with coins - it's the greatest gaffed coin to ever hit the market. It takes some degree of practice to get your TUC effects to look 'clean' but every minute of practice is more than worthwhile.

Merc Man,

I'm not doubting it's usefulness or it's cleverness. It's just a shame that I don't feel happy using it! I'm really conscious of that 'gap' showing. Should I give up on it or buy one of the US versions? How is the 10p?

PS Although I'm new to this forum I'm not new to magic and have been performing for 15 years. I'm still learning every day, of course, and want to learn to use this gimmick but my version doesn't fill me with confidence!

SS
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2538 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
SS,

The gap in the 10p version isn't so pronounced. You also haven't got the magnetic problem - so coins across, etc. is much cleaner. That said, since sorting out some older non-magnetic 2p's, my 2p TUC is a lot easier to use.

One thing that you may want to consider doing is inserting an additional teflon disc (or a small piece of teflon adhesive tape) into the shell - it certainly aids separation; particularly with the 2p version as the leaf of the coin isn't milled, and subsequently the edging is a little sharp.

Don't panic over the gap - if you are taking your TUC coin out of your pocket with a handful of loose change you don't NEED TO show both sides anyway. Don't worry about overly proving anything - to their mind, it's just a 2p coin.
Barry Allen

Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
790 Posts

I tried the coins across on several lay people last night...fried them! TUC is good!
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2012-06-03 21:46, Atom3339 wrote:
Mr. Tango, Isn't over 85,000 views a record???

Nope. Several have well over 100,000 views. (Check out the original TKO thread in Latest and Greatest). Just bringing you back down to earth. Smile

Jim
shadowspirit
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of shadowspirit
Merc,

Thanks, I'll stick with it for a while. I see what you mean about the leaf of the coin, it does catch a bit. I never feel the need to over prove anything and rarely hand things out, (even real coins) after all, why should I, I've got nothing to hide, right Smile You're right, if someone handed me a coin and said look, it's not a fake (either outwardly or by inference) then my reaction would be, 'okay, then what about the other four you didn't show me earlier?'
Anyway, thanks for the reassurance!
SS

BTW, taking possession of a Schoolcraft English Penny Flipper soon. Can't wait!
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
There are many wasy of allowing spectaors to handle coins during a routine without "handing it out" that validates the naturalness of the coins without focusing attention. This is why "TUC Appreciation" offers several methods for Switching the TUC in and out of effects. My latest effect "TUCed Away" is available for the asking (gusarimagic@comcast.net) and allows for an ending to a TUC effect with dramatic results and "closing the door."
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
shadowspirit
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of shadowspirit
Funsway,

I agree! When I said I 'rarely hand things out' I really meant I don't say something like, 'here, as you can see this is just a normal coin' (or some such). If it is natural and there is a reason for doing so I do put coins in spectators hands, ask them to hold them etc.

How does one get your 'TUCed Away' effect then Smile I would be delighted to give it a try!

SS
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Send a request to gusarimagic@comcast.net

PS to those who have it. Get some inexpensive gold coins that you can gift to the spectator -- or even better, ones imprinted with your name/address. When a spectator is the "hero" in a magic effect they think they own the thing produced ;-)
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » T.U.C Tango Ultimate Coin (48 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..33~34~35~36~37..45..52..59..66..72~73~74 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL