The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Psychokinetic Silverware (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
j_juge
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of j_juge
I want to buy this video.
What do you think about it?
The effect seems to be very very great!
It can be done without gimmick? All can be given to the spectator after the bending?

Thanks.
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2890 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
The techniques are great in this video ... Yes it can be done without a gimmick and everything can be given to spectators before and after.

Keep in mind that presentation is key with this technique ... and tons of practice!

If you want some "right-away-without-any-work" miracles, you're bending the wrong fork....

Smile
rrubin98
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta (USA)
235 Posts

Profile of rrubin98
I recommend it -- especially for the psychology of spoon/fork bending. I also advise that you buy any video you can find on the subject to learn as much as possible and note different performers' opinions/techniques.

There are also several other reviews of this video elsewhere on this site for you to check out.

- Richard
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1832 Posts

Profile of teejay
If you are in to bending things you have to have this one. And the Kuff's one.

If you want to see a good presentation Greg
Wilson one (and only one) in the On the Spot
video. I've used this a few times. The only trouble is I can't stop laughing when I do it.

Just off the topic: These 2 tapes are an excellent example of using V, A, and K confusion to put somebody in a trance. Smile
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2866 Posts

Profile of dpe666
This is the very best video on the subject. This is a FULL routine that is TOTALLY impromptu. As someone who has been bending forks and spoons since the 6th grade (I am 29 now) I can safely say that there is NO OTHER video better than this one. The Kuffs video is great as well, but this is a ROUTINE, and the Kuffs video is a collection of different techniques. Get both and you will have all that you will ever need. Smile
p.s. There is a new DVD out now called "Mind Bender". AVOID THIS PIECE OF JUNK AT ALL COSTS! It is terrible.
Find my e-books and videos at:

http://www.lybrary.com/david-devlin-m-98836.html
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
1960 Posts

Profile of ddyment
There has been considerable discussion of this tape here at the Café. Do a simple search across all forums on the word "silverware" and you'll find most of it.

... Doug
Doug Dyment's Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More
Jnana
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Jnana
I took the advise of ddyment and did a search on silverware. Now I really have questions. On Nov 3 Don Marco made 3 post in one thread about haircuts and suits. This could just be some inside joke to other readers I don't understand as yet.
Now don't get me wrong Banachek looks like a nice guy and is a sharp dresser. But me, I have a ponytail going more then half way down my back and growing I hope pass my you know what (this is easy for me my wife combs and braids it). I'm not a slob but suits just don't suit me. Can someone please set me right about this. I just want to know if this matters at all, not how it is done. Thanks
When I feel blue I start to breath again
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2866 Posts

Profile of dpe666
You could do this routine naked on a beach (if the occasion ever arose). This routine can be done anywhere, anytime, with ZERO preparation. No more questions. Go out and buy this video. Smile Smile
Find my e-books and videos at:

http://www.lybrary.com/david-devlin-m-98836.html
Jnana
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Jnana
Thanks for the tip. This whole thing about haircuts and suit didn't sound right but you never know. On the beach thing if I was in the nude that would be a way to misdirect attention. But not for the better people who would be covering their eyes LOL. Thanks.
A_Blake
View Profile
Loyal user
The Thoughtreader
220 Posts

Profile of A_Blake
Well, you could still do it naked at the beach... just wait for your hair to get a bit longer and then you can use it to easily cover the naughty bits... and of course it helps you hid the 75lb gimmick you need to use to bend the spoons...

Success!!!

Tony Blake
Õ¿Õ¬
Mind Mystery

PS: Just joking about the gimmick... Smile
Anthony Blake
The Thoughtreader™ - http://www.thoughtreader.com
Mindreader - Urban Shaman - Psychic Illusionist
"Exploring The Curiosities Of The Mind™"

Discover P. Craig Browning's "Psychic Technologies" special offer - MentalistLab.com
adrian333
View Profile
New user
London - UK
53 Posts

Profile of adrian333
It is brilliant, I agree, and quite funny to watch too - you'll know why when you get it...
shinobi
View Profile
Loyal user
Durban, South Africa
273 Posts

Profile of shinobi
I just got this tape and I am very pleased.
No gimmicks, totally borrowed silverware, examinable, easy to learn (that doesn't mean don't practice!) Well routined, good explanations, psychology.... I could go on.

highly recommended
Jnana
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Jnana
Well I'm glad now I asked about those hair remarks. After reading all your replies I will be ordering this tape in the morning. Thanks for the funny post.
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2698 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
If you are looking to get into metal bending this is a great place to start.

The material is around elsewhere but what you get are Banachek's thoughts, ideas, and the kind of stuff which you only iron out in real world performances. This to me is the "worth" of this tape.

Would have been a much easier to watch and concentrate on tape if just Banachek were on camera though. Nothing personal.
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2890 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Gerry's presence and input didn't bother me at all. In fact, the video shows you exactly how to perform with a spectator. Gerry was the spectator most of the time. This is valuable.

Smile
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2698 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
<nods>
Point taken ALEXANDRE. I guess what I should have said was "for me, I think it would have been easier.."

Still a top notch video which ever weay you look at it (or I look at it!!)
Harvey Nerzof
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Harvey Nerzof
HN Review 37: Psychokinetic Silverware – Banachek

AD:

If you really could bend metal with your mind, Psychokinetic Silverware is exactly how it would look. You’ll see cold, hard steel melt like butter–bending, twisting, breaking and moving seemingly on its own, even in a spectator’s hand!
Banachek’s metal bending is so amazing and so realistic that he has often been accused of being and doing “the real thing.” In fact, after studying Banachek’s metal bending the McDonnell Laboratory for Psychic Research proudly announced to the scientific community that they had discovered someone with genuine psychic abilities! The National Inquirer and other media have also heralded Banachek’s psychokinetic talents.
On this videotape, Gerry and Banachek finally reveal the real secrets to these amazing routines. Not only will you get to see how everything looks in performance, you’ll also learn the real inside work, the fine points and psychology of metal bending. These are secrets which have have been very tightly guarded...until now.

REVIEW:

Interesting video, courtesy of the numerous psychological subtleties involved. Unfortunately, cheap cutlery is not an option: don’t expect to perform the full routines (6 effects, divided in 3 sets) with any borrowed fork.
Also, the last 2 effects require some preparation.

Overall rating: good

H.
rgranville
View Profile
Elite user
Boston area
462 Posts

Profile of rgranville
Ian Rowland, the author The Full Facts Book of Cold Reading was working on a "Full Facts" book on metal bending. He now says this tape makes that project redundant. There's nothing he could add. Smile
Julian Kestrel
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of Julian Kestrel
The Video is well produced and the lessons are well taught. I am puzzled as to why Gerry is on it. though. MY feelings about spoon bending and such is why would you want to do another man's trademark. the bending always brings geller to mind and strenghens his legend but not neccesarily your own
SKILL
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
136 Posts

Profile of SKILL
Hey what you guys think about
Yuval Kerem (Cobra Magic)
the guy who made the especial forks
they bending on the espectator hands that's is real magic for then .. what you guys think
Skill Smile
In order to arrive at perfeccion
you must go through the failure
Japanese Thoughts
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Psychokinetic Silverware (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL