The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Ultimate Positive Negative! (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
John C
View Profile
Inner circle
The AMAZING and COMMERCIAL Chair Test
9973 Posts

Profile of John C
Just a quick note about this effect from me!

http://professionalmagicroutines.com/pmr......temid=37

Thanks

J
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
CardWiz
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
622 Posts

Profile of CardWiz
Here is a mini-review of this product. Readers should know that I have never before bought from John, or talked, or "PM'ed" with him (before this purchase), so this review is certainly not biased. You should also know that I do not know many envelope prediction routines so I don't have as many methods to compare to as most performers.

First of all, I payed the pre-order price of $7.77 for this, and I must say that this could be the best $7 magic purchase I have ever made. I sent the money on July 30th, and was promised to get the ebook by August 4, and I found it quite a surprise to receive this within 24 hours!

The description of the effect is correct. There is absolutely nothing suspicious before, during, or after the effect. Unlike most positive/negative effects, this method starts and ends clean no matter what: the outcome of the flip will always be on the paper. The only downfalls that I have discovered are that you need to bring a sealed envelope with you holding the prediction, thus eliminating some of the impromptu aspect, and business cards are best to be avoided. By making several envelopes and keeping them in my wallet, it is practically impromptu anyway. I would also say that nothing more than a normal pencil/pen, an envelope, and a small piece of paper are needed to perform the effect (The pencil/pen isn't needed after you have written with it). I do not want to say anything more about the method, other than I am 99% positive no-one will be disappointed with the purchase.

If you are worried about the teaching or the layout of the ebook, John explains everything that needs to be explained, and I am sure if you were told the method in a few sentences you would be off and running with it, anyway.

Without a doubt, this effect will be something I carry around with me everywhere, and John wisely warns that it should only be used in the right moments, for this effect will slay any spectator in its path. Smile

RATING: overall 9/10 because this is nothing revolutionary, but 12/10 considering the low price payed for this gem.

CW
People have been calling me "Yu" lately. I don't know, must be Chinese.
John C
View Profile
Inner circle
9973 Posts

Profile of John C
Thank you! I appreciate it.

j
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13004 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
What John has here is excellent in effect and methodology. It is streamlined, crystal clear in presentation, and simple to do. This is exactly the type of material I look for.

For those who don’t know what Positive Negative is, or how John’s work fits the plot, here is a 50,000 foot overview (what is seen from that altitude, no specifics):
A prediction is tossed on the table, a group of coins are collected from one person or the group (the coins can be real or imaginary). One coin is selected, tossed in the air, and the prediction matches the orientation of the coin and the coin that was selected.

Without getting into specifics, this is what John’s work looks like. That clean, that open, no funny business.

I like it!

Tony Iacoviello
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
I should be creating magic with my
1157 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
I too have had the opportunity to read John's Ultimate Positive Negative. The effect John includes with this is excellent, well thought out and very easy to set up and perform.

Not only that but you can do any type of multiple choice revelation you wish. The possibilities are endless! It's all about the presentation! Highly Recommended!

Max
Pit Boss
View Profile
Elite user
485 Posts

Profile of Pit Boss
Just got this an hour or so ago. Haven't performed it yet, of course, but I've made a few up and tested the handling. This thing couldn't be any cleaner. You rip open the envelope, hand it to the spectator, and they dump your 100% correct prediction out in their own hand. Beautiful.

JD
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2141 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
If mr.iacoviello say is good is enoughfor me

however I have only one question .. is the envelope necessary or can we have the prediction on a slip of paper

I think the envelope is needed due to the methodology I suspect but it would be good to know I'm wrong ..
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
2708 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I just finished reading this. I had to smile. Clever indeed. Simple, yet effective. Probably the best and easiest solution yet to this effect that Max Maven made so popular. Two thumbs up!
Pit Boss
View Profile
Elite user
485 Posts

Profile of Pit Boss
Quote:

however I have only one question .. is the envelope necessary or can we have the prediction on a slip of paper

The envelope is necessary. However, as our spectator's subconciously know, the envelope is an important safeguard that keeps us from tampering with the contents Smile

JD
John C
View Profile
Inner circle
9973 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2009-08-02 22:06, PsiDroid wrote:
If mr.iacoviello say is good is enoughfor me

I think the envelope is needed due to the methodology I suspect but it would be good to know I'm wrong ..

The effect is performed just as I wrote it up Psi ...

http://professionalmagicroutines.com/pmr......temid=37

Thanks for your support.
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2141 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
I find hard to believe that no one before came up with such thing: maybe they came up with it but they simply did not market it to other people

this however is NOT intended as a remark against john little idea: but simply my thoughts on it
Matthew Townsend
View Profile
Inner circle
1302 Posts

Profile of Matthew Townsend
After reading this I really got a look into the mind of our beloved Mr Cesta.

The effect is simple, easy to do and baffling to a spectator!

When I read the method I smiled so much it hurt! It was almost one of those "DOH!!" moments! I love the effect and I love the method.

Very clever thinking John!!!

Keep up the good work, you are making us all try harder to come up with great ideas.

Peace & Love

Matt
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
With all this blabbling of "my idea", "your idea", "if it is what I think.... then..."

I am completely sidetracked!

However... if this is what *I* think it is( eh! eh!) ... then you stumbled onto something very under-utilized and, in my opinion, genius!
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
John C
View Profile
Inner circle
9973 Posts

Profile of John C
LOTH, I hope you are correct!

J
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

I always am!
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
John C
View Profile
Inner circle
9973 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2009-08-04 14:48, Lord Of The Horses wrote:
I always am!

... even when you're wrong your righter than most people! Smile

j
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-08-04 14:53, johncesta wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-08-04 14:48, Lord Of The Horses wrote:
I always am!

... even when you're wrong your righter than most people! Smile

j

... But I was right 100%!

And so, if you go and read my previous post in this thread, you see why - even before reading your booklet - I called this idea "under-utilized"... and genius!

Because I have used this idea oh!... for so many things... and yet I have rarely if ever found out in the literature effects that employ this sneaky subterfuge to its full extent.

Great minds think alike ??? Smile
John C
View Profile
Inner circle
9973 Posts

Profile of John C
LOTH,

I don't know what to say, I can't think of anything "clever" at the moment except that if my mind is going to be like anyone's in the Café I am certainly glad it's like yours!

j

PS: Of course, nothing against anyone elses mind!!
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Just IMAGINE what you can do with one simple, modest himber wallet coupled with this...

Or how to extend this idea to four or more people so that anyone can call pretty anything (out of a ranged force set) and you - apparently - with your envelope in view from the beginning... or with something you write on it due to some forcing as part of the structure.... Oh!... the pain, the pain, in keeping for myself all of these possibilities Smile

Anyway - this little baby that John has put out is worth way much more than the meager price he asks for it!

My vote - 5 STARS OUT OF 5!
CardWiz
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
622 Posts

Profile of CardWiz
I agree-

in just a few minutes of thinking I was able to take the envelope idea and turn it into an excellent closed prediction card effect (just like the open prediction but the prediction is sealed).

Also, I will probably use the envelope for the ultimate CAAN...I use the envelope idea from Jonh's ebook and the rest from The Grail by Mike Rose if any one else is interested.

CW
People have been calling me "Yu" lately. I don't know, must be Chinese.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Ultimate Positive Negative! (22 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL