The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Cleaning the canvas cover from the Canvas-Covered Box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

drhackenbush
View Profile
Special user
686 Posts

Profile of drhackenbush
Are there any suggestions for cleaning the Canvas-Covered Box canvas cover? It's a very old Abbott's and while the wear is minimal and actually adds to the look, the canvas smells musty, maybe mildewy. Is this clean-able?
remote guy
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
534 Posts

Profile of remote guy
Why don't you shoot Denny Haney of Denny and Lee Magic Studio a e-mail. He has been doing the Canvas Covered Box for years. He may have came across the same problem.

Nick
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Contact an awning company that deals with canvas, look in the yellow pages of your local telephone book. They should be able to point you in the right direction.
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
859 Posts

Profile of illusions & reality
I too have done the Canvas Covered Box for many years. My original was an old Abbott's and the cover too was smelly and mildewy.

I would agree with Bill about going to an awning company, but not for cleaning the old one. Take the old one to them and see if they can make you a new one. Actually, I had my new ones made out of a heavy-duty, tear resistant vinyl-like material. I have 2 and both are more than 20 years old (and still look and work great!)

Lou
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Cleaning the canvas cover from the Canvas-Covered Box (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL