The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Which is the best looking 3 Fly? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
In my opinion Kohler Ultimate 3 fly is still most magical and pure looking 3 fly out there. And it is 500$ less than Superfly! However I bet that the new Ultimate 3 fly 2 will now be 1000$ just because the demand and price of the other versions seems to be so high.

Juha-Matti
mrmagik68
View Profile
Special user
NYC
574 Posts

Profile of mrmagik68
Looks beautiful in Kenner's hands although very similar to Menage et Trois from TOC. I'm sure the coins are very well made but gosh, $800, too much for me! Curtis, thanks for posting the link to the video.

Roberto
Original Card Clinician
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
I have no doubt that U3F2 will be at least $500 with some routines included. But, I wonder who will make the coin gaffs. Not Lassen, obviously. Schoolcraft is busy making Superfly. My guess is the man who crafted The Fitch/Kohler holdout.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Bungee
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Bungee
Where can I see demo's of U3F in action?
lithyem
View Profile
Veteran user
San Diego, CA
306 Posts

Profile of lithyem
Hey Bungee - Eric Mead is doing Kohlers U3F here:
http://fora.tv/2008/12/12/Eric_Mead_Reve......apter_03
(He does it pretty ***ed well too ;-) )
magiclee71
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of magiclee71
Quote:
On 2009-08-21 19:41, lithyem wrote:

Nice find!
Zhang
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Zhang
Quote:
On 2009-08-21 19:41, lithyem wrote:

Honestly, do you really think he does it that well? or were you just joking?

His fingers look very stiff even when he is not even holding out, that is how bad I think his handling looks, not magical at all to my brain.

And that is the truth I swear.
Bungee
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Bungee
Lithyem,

Thanks for the find. I liked his presentation of an age old card classic at the end. Way to milk it.

He really throws the coins around at the end. The gimmick can be handled that naturally?
armatoj
View Profile
New user
Sacramento
22 Posts

Profile of armatoj
I was at Magic Live and Jamie said he sold out of all of the Superflys he brought with him in the first five minutes his booth was open, though I don't know how many he had. The crush at his table was pretty intense though and he was taking a lot of orders for more for future delivery.
For thoughts on communications, creativity and living a life of ideas, please visit www.thinkinside.biz
magicalwishes
View Profile
Regular user
Hickory, NC
143 Posts

Profile of magicalwishes
Anyone seen this?

http://www.magicbyenigma.com/video/threeflies.wmv

see ya real soon
lithyem
View Profile
Veteran user
San Diego, CA
306 Posts

Profile of lithyem
Hey LF - yah I actually do think he does it well. He's a better presenter of magic than say 95% of the magicians I've seen in my opinion. He can take a simple effect and as bungee says, milk it, for everything its worth. Didn't think he looked stiff at all...

Bungee yes the U3F you can handle pretty roughly.
lithyem
View Profile
Veteran user
San Diego, CA
306 Posts

Profile of lithyem
Magicalwishes - that 3fly looks like paul wilsons "the fly" to me, only with coppers added in. neat o.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
That video is cartel coins in action. just one use.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
lithyem
View Profile
Veteran user
San Diego, CA
306 Posts

Profile of lithyem
Thanks Jonathan - I wondered what that was. (I didn't think it was The Fly, only that it must be similar mechanics). To be honest I don't love the effect in that threeflies video... what do you guys think?
magicalwishes
View Profile
Regular user
Hickory, NC
143 Posts

Profile of magicalwishes
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I don't know but it don't get much better than that IMHO, that I've seen. How much does that version cost? Smile Just asking as it's just excellent!
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
mrmagik68
View Profile
Special user
NYC
574 Posts

Profile of mrmagik68
Lithyem,
Thanks for posting that video of Eric Mead, that was awesome! What a great performer he is. I was in stitches when he told that spectator, "don't %$#&! with me", LOL. I thought the routine looked beautiful in his hands. And he did a wonderful job of taking advantage of the off beat moments, something Michael Vincent talks about. Good find dude!

Magicalwishes,
That video is awesome! I've seen that fellow's other coin videos, he is just simply amazing!! This young man makes it look like REAL magic. Does anyone know who is this individual? I saw his Winged Silver video and nearly brought me to tears.

Back to Kohler's U3FLY, does anyone know if Kohler will be following through with U3F2 or is this just a rumor?

Roberto
Original Card Clinician
lithyem
View Profile
Veteran user
San Diego, CA
306 Posts

Profile of lithyem
I've heard rumors of U3F2 but no movement or real info...
There is a thread here http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=3&31 on that guy who did the 3fly above. He is incredible!
DP the Great
View Profile
Regular user
CC, Texas
198 Posts

Profile of DP the Great
Quote:
Magicalwishes,
That video is awesome! I've seen that fellow's other coin videos, he is just simply amazing!! This young man makes it look like REAL magic. Does anyone know who is this individual? I saw his Winged Silver video and nearly brought me to tears.

That dude is excellent. I have seen his other stuff as well. Must be on a different account. Thanks for the post.
D. P. the Great
www.dpandedmagic.com
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Just a question here, but if you're decent-enough with sleights, just how wouldn't you be able to do U3F well enough?

I really can't think of anyone that's a decent coin guy that with this set couldn't make it look pretty much as good. Isn't the aim of these sorts of 3Fly sets to make the magic pretty much happen for you...And all you do mostly is add a little presentation? Sorta like you add a little water to Success Rice and you have good rice everytime, no matter who pretty much makes it...Just follow the easy-enough instructions and it'll work for you too, al dente. Smile I don't know, I'm just asking?
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Which is the best looking 3 Fly? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL