The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Flavors from the past... » » Devoe Magic Den (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1074 Posts

Profile of Eldon
Does anyone have stories about Devoe's Magic Den in St. Louis? Especially when he was downtown close to the stadium. I have a lot of great Saturday afternoon memories of Gene's shop.
christopher carter
View Profile
Special user
660 Posts

Profile of christopher carter
I remember visiting his shop on my 12th birthday. That was the downtown shop. It looked like a real magic shop, if you know what I mean. I particularly recall the scale model Buzz Saw illusion. But Gene really intimidated me. Still, I bought 110 dollars worth of magic. That included a Rings-n-Things set of ten inch linking rings, the Tarbell course, a large Square Circle production, and I think maybe a few other things. I guess that list alone dates my visit, but it feels like yesterday.

--Chris
nuttymagic
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of nuttymagic
I think it was in 1983 was when I stopped in with a friend, and what a shop. I remember them showing me a jumbo card zig-zag. I was about $25.00 short to purchase it, and am still looking for one. If anyone was there and knows what I am talking about, please respond.

Magically,

nuttymagic
sales@hippityhop.com
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1074 Posts

Profile of Eldon
I think I have a source for the Jumbo Zig-Zag Card. I'll Check it out.
stephenbanning
View Profile
Regular user
United States
178 Posts

Profile of stephenbanning
I remember Devoe's shop. I went there a few months before it closed down. It was packed with magic and a barrel illusion that was there I think to attract attention, which it did. I wanted to go back later, but it had closed.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Flavors from the past... » » Devoe Magic Den (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.032326 seconds, requiring 18 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [5] [0] [1] [2] [9] [6] [1] [9]