The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Patriotism Routine for Kids (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
In the US July forth is coming around...
Here’s a basic script for a patriotism routine:

Because this routine can be for a variety of audiences, and it can also lead a group into the national anthem, the routine can be emblished to fit the individual situation. Stated as written can be use as a serious moment on July 4th. With Kids, audience participation can be done by asking them questions, Starting out with the silks like "Where do they see the Red White and Blue every day in school?" Someone usually responds back with the American Flag.

Show dual sided change bag empty, produce the following silks Blue, White, and Red.

Blue Silk: The blue of the American Flag is for truth and justice, like the eternal blue of the star-filled heavens.

White Silk The white of the American Flag is for purity, cleanness of purpose, thought, word, and deed.

Red Silk The red of the American Flag is the lifeblood of the brave men and women, ready to die, or fight to live, for this our country.

Place all Silks in Change Bag: Vanish the silks

Reach into the change bag and pull out the American flag silk by appropriate ends displaying a 36 inch American Flag and say: My flag - The flag of America, home of liberty, land of opportunity, where people of all races and creed, live in peace and friendship together.

Here is an opportunity to deliver a message to the kids about patriotism, if this is the way you want this routine to go.

I realize, the use of the American Flag brings added applause. In light of recent events, it is a great addition to add patriotism to one’s show. A reminder that magicians are human and empathic to our nation in need to deal with the present situation.

For those of other countries, change the wording to suit your specific situation.

In the Café Archive's is a Cub/Boy Scout Patriotism Routine to start off a Pack/Troop meeting.
Dennis Michael
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1268 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
Dennis,
That is the same type of routine that I perform with my American Flag Blendo (flag-in-a-bag). If the two of us came up with the same idea independently then two thinga are certain.
1. It must be a good idea.

2. We are the ONLY two performing this or to have thought of it and must get together and market this terrific and (possible) award winning routine. No sleights, no rough and smooth, self-working. Smile

We must act now before someone else gets the idea.
Samuel
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
You're not alone and I know a few others as well.

:)
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
Jewls
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan-USA
360 Posts

Profile of Jewls
Hi,

My 4th of July Festival is done, I did open with the mis made flag with the reverse flag included, I will add a joke for you.
What did one flag say to the other? Nothing they just waved.
I don't do a serious routine, just a fun entertaining one that shows our patriotizim and kicks the show off.

Jewls
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
I used the new item from Steve Goshman.

I purchased it through the Lafflins.(thanks Duane and Mary)

It is in the hand blendo with smaller silks, similar to the in the hand blendo using the small red, green, yellow and blue silks that
"blendo" into a 6 inch square silk.

I think the flag is 8 x 12.

Harris Deutsch
Laughologist
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1268 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
I've seen that item before Harris. It is a real good one and I almost replaced my blendo with it. I decided to keep mine but mostly because I already have it.
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Patriotism Routine for Kids (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL