We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Rob Domenech's "Eureka Moment" ebook (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2009-11-16 20:25, Nathan Pain wrote:
MF2,

When a contractor builds a house he uses a WIDE range of tools...don't be so quick to doubt the tools you may have available to you.

Nathan

Bummer. This brings to mind "The name you were thinking of" on the card. "Is it the name you were thinking of"?

Ever been ripped off with material like this before? J/K, I'm sure you have something better then that Rob Smile
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1157 Posts

Profile of r1z08
Quote:
On 2009-11-16 20:38, magicFreak2 wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-11-16 20:25, Nathan Pain wrote:
MF2,

When a contractor builds a house he uses a WIDE range of tools...don't be so quick to doubt the tools you may have available to you.

Nathan

Bummer. This brings to mind "The name you were thinking of" on the card. "Is it the name you were thinking of"?

Ever been ripped off with material like this before? J/K, I'm sure you have something better then that Rob Smile

It's nothing like that MF2. No instant stooging and it's not a sucker effect.

-rob
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2764 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
MF2,

I was saying that towards Rob's material...more towards your whole general attitude.

Nathan
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2009-11-16 21:22, Nathan Pain wrote:
MF2,

I was saying that towards Rob's material...more towards your whole general attitude.

Nathan

Which is.... (evil, juvenile, idiotic, cruel, traitorous... ?)
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
On 2009-10-22 16:24, r1z08 wrote:
I've gotten a handful of emails regarding "Thoughts Across" and what the routine looks like. Here is a completely honest description of the routine:

The performer sits down at a table and is asked to show his strange abilities. He reaches into his jacket and removes a single business card and a Sharpie marker. Placing the items on the table, he asks the lady sitting directly across from him to simply think of a name of someone close to her. The performer now uncaps the marker, picks up the business card and looks intensely at the woman for a few beats then quickly writes something down and tables the card writing side down in full view. As he re-caps and tables the marker, he asks the woman who she thought of and what this person means to her. The performer looks down at the tabled card, then turns it over and slides it in front of the woman where she finds the name she merely thought of written boldly across the card!

Some things to consider:

* No pres**w whatsoever.
* No NW.
* The thoughts are not limited to names. You could literally ask them to say the first word that comes to mind.
* Works 100% of the time.
* Can be used as a prediction instead of a mind reading demonstration by simply changing the framing and premise.

-------------------------------

Had missed this.

Swami comes to mind but it says no Smile

Sounds very impressive Rob, and very useful Smile Brings iForce to mind, but with unlimited possibilities and without the iPhone.

I have also used something by DMadison to accomplish this effect, but the performance is far to "weak-linked" for me to use it very much Smile

Basically you put a prediction on the table, folded, ask them to name something, write it down on a notepad for spelling verification, hand them the pad, and then let them open the prediction, which matches, down to the letter Smile
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2764 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
MF2,

yes...

Nathan
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2009-11-17 07:35, Nathan Pain wrote:
MF2,

yes...

Nathan

Bummer #2.

Have a 3D coke to relieve your stress Smile

Or a beer or a coffee Smile or a... water?
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Or a hotlink Smile
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1256 Posts

Profile of bond19
Thoughts Across does indeed deliver on its promise and the ad copy was 100% honest and accurate.

Is it sneaky? Hell yeh
It is also a little bold but fairly easy to execute

When you consider all is required are some business cards and a pen you have an 'AAA' miracle on your hands (at least I do now so thanks Rob)

Chris
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
If it does what he says it does (which I think it does as his Eureka Moment is a work of art), then I would buy this as soon as it came out (if I have the money on me and if it does). Why? It sounds like the most practical mentalist trick ever. "Can you read my mind?" now I could say yes, in the cleanest way possible.

Comparing it with my B4, Thoughts across sounds like it would have quite a bit of premeditated prediction to it, and a completely free choice of word, which is infinitely more broad then B4's 4 selection choice. Ofcourse, the invisible compromise (Kit updated my vocabulary from weak links Smile ) is much more obvious, merely asking for a word, it is still an EXTREMELY powerful effect, I can't overbear how stunning something like that would be, better then a swami, better then iForce. Ofcourse, B4 is more subtle in the invisible compromise, however if it was true magic, they would just think of one of the coins, and I could flip all 4 and the one they were thinking of would have B4 written on it. Smile Unfortunately that's not to be had in our universe...

To make a long story short, I am hotly anticipating Thoughts Across.

And to Nathan, finally figured out what I was getting mixed up with. I was confusing Thoughts Across with the version Rob mentioned of Strange Feeling that would work 100% of the time. Finally understand it. (the jumble, not the trick Smile )
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1157 Posts

Profile of r1z08
"Thoughts Across" has, indeed, been released, but it is not for sale. I have decided to make it a limited private release (that's right, I'm giving it away) after much thinking about it.

Those who already have the routine know that this is strong stuff and I'm sure that they, too, are glad this is not being released to the masses.

-rob
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2764 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Rob,

I'm glad...

Nathan
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2009-11-17 22:44, Nathan Pain wrote:
Rob,

I'm glad...

Nathan

Oh well, too bad for everyone else. I guess I will have to figure it out Smile

10 minutes later...

I bet I could do it perfectly with the B4 principle, but the paper would have to be folded.
Thaumaturge
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Thaumaturge
Thoughts across is brilliant! When I saw the video that Rob kindly provided with the manuscript, I had to double take! There was no way it could have been done!!! But it can!
Its a brilliant combination of ideas which is so straight forward and a really Cheshire cat grin moment when its performed!
Thaumaturge
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2009-11-18 12:03, Thaumaturge wrote:
Thoughts across is brilliant! When I saw the video that Rob kindly provided with the manuscript, I had to double take! There was no way it could have been done!!! But it can!
Its a brilliant combination of ideas which is so straight forward and a really Cheshire cat grin moment when its performed!

Severe jealousy strikes again... xD
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Triple bummer, just had the perfect chance to use Thoughts Across.

Was sitting in class, and this guy asks me, "Hey Carlos, can you show me a trick?"

I'd done one very powerful card trick for him, but I didn't have anything else on me at the time so I had to say maybe next time. Thoughts Across would have been absolutely perfect. Smile
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1157 Posts

Profile of r1z08
That would have been a decent time to use "A Strange Feeling". Smile

-rob
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2009-11-18 16:20, r1z08 wrote:
That would have been a decent time to use "A Strange Feeling". Smile

-rob

I would, but its not quite accurate enough, even with my addition. I would need to have a 3 sided hand to make it work correctly, even with all the psychological principles you included.
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1157 Posts

Profile of r1z08
A man who never takes a chance, never had a chance.

-rob
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2009-11-18 17:03, r1z08 wrote:
A man who never takes a chance, never had a chance.

-rob

Will try again. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Rob Domenech's "Eureka Moment" ebook (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL