The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Ultimate Technicolor Prediction! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
John C
View Profile
Inner circle
The AMAZING and COMMERCIAL Chair Test
9966 Posts

Profile of John C
I've tried this as well and they certainly pick green. I used this over and over almost all night at a gig.

Thanks EE

J
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
EventEntertainer
View Profile
Inner circle
Look Ma!
1104 Posts

Profile of EventEntertainer
I think I've hit the phrase that yields the most results. I'll PM you shortly! I have eliminated one of the envelopes entirely! Thank you!
Consultant, performer, creator, and all around nice guy!
John C
View Profile
Inner circle
9966 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2010-01-04 11:02, EventEntertainer wrote:
I think I've hit the phrase that yields the most results. I'll PM you shortly! I have eliminated one of the envelopes entirely! Thank you!

COOL! I've been trying to do that as well. Waiting patiently for the PM ...

J
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1198 Posts

Profile of aligator
Anyone know a good place in Canada to buy coloured envelopes or is making your own a viable option. I guess the actual colours don't really matter though I agree with what has been said about the liklihood of a female spec choosing green.
John C
View Profile
Inner circle
9966 Posts

Profile of John C
Aligator,

I just write the words yellow, red, green on a white envelope using that color marker. I tell the specs this is a beta trick. Just testing it out. It's not in full production.

I haven't found the envelopes either. You can purchase a few bday etc cards and they come with colored envelopes.

j
EventEntertainer
View Profile
Inner circle
Look Ma!
1104 Posts

Profile of EventEntertainer
...or just buy colored card stock. Fold it over in half. Even better, you can fold it into an envelope by folding it a little more than half, and then folding the overage over. It's hard to describe, but try it and you'll see what I mean.

Imagine putting your contact info at the bottom, and they have a great keepsake. You can also put a "coupon" there as a thank you.
Consultant, performer, creator, and all around nice guy!
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
I should be creating magic with my
1156 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
Colored Envelopes

http://www.actionenvelope.com/

Max
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
1025 Posts

Profile of bsears
Lurking below some of the hyperbole in this thread is a great discussion of the strengths and weaknesses of different methods in achieving a similar effect. I have always liked this effect since I first saw Martin do it. I think its extremely commercial and deceptive.

IMO, each of these newer methods obviously have certain drawbacks and advantages, but I will say overall that the addition of a stand does not bother me, but adding a wallet to the effect does. It dilutes the purity of the effect, imo. Also, in my mind, the issue of who opens the envelope, as long as it's done fairly, isn't a big deal. But that's just me!
John C
View Profile
Inner circle
9966 Posts

Profile of John C
UTP and Chair test together 20% OFF TILL END OF FEB. PM me for deal!

JC
mindgames
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of mindgames
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this routine can use my method "FreeWill" ?
I READ MINDS.... YOURS TOO.
John C
View Profile
Inner circle
9966 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2011-02-25 15:40, mindgames wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this routine can use my method "FreeWill" ?

What?
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11638 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Freewill appears different.Smile
John C
View Profile
Inner circle
9966 Posts

Profile of John C
15% off any of my stuff UNTIL YEAR END.

USE "ELECTION2012" AS COUPON

Peace

J
magic maniac
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of magic maniac
It's not as easy as it everyone makes it sound and does in fact require a prop (not mentioned in the ad copy) which not everyone may have or be comfortable using.

Sorry, but I wont be using this.
John C
View Profile
Inner circle
9966 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2012-11-16 20:25, magic maniac wrote:
It's not as easy as it everyone makes it sound and does in fact require a prop (not mentioned in the ad copy) which not everyone may have or be comfortable using.

Sorry, but I wont be using this.

Sorry. From the ad copy please read. I think most people know what his means:

"The performer then reminds the audience of the prediction in the wallet. He opens the wallet and perhaps allows someone to remove the contents."

I also believe this is discussed in this very long thread. I too believe that if you are a mentalist and "not comfortable" using an H wallet then prehaps being a mentailist is not your cup of tea.

John
magic maniac
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of magic maniac
From the ad copy, I thought the outcome was stored away for one outcome but to be read like the 'Free Will' effect if that makes sense. I like Free Will and enjoy performing it.

I'm also comfortable using the wallet, I use it for John Archer's comedy Kollosal Killer regularly. But when there's more choices to remember when finding the right side of the wallet, that's where I have the issue. I think there's a little too much room for error when you're standing in front of an audience is all I'm saying.

Plus, I thought you may have included a little scripting, as the ad sort of leads you to believe. Anyhow, you have a good name, so no hard feelings.

Jonathan
John C
View Profile
Inner circle
9966 Posts

Profile of John C
My thoughts on your post were: maybe its not as easy for YOU as everyone else has stated it is for them.

It may not be for you that's OK. I've purchased effects that while they are good they are not for me. I don't like stuff like NW and PW. So while the routine may be the best, if it involves these methods I will not perform them. Perhaps I will try a way to perform them with a different method.

Thanks for your thoughts.

John
mindgames
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of mindgames
When I created the freewill principle the whole ideas is to make a "one" way out to cover a multiple out predictions effect. I love this new routine and its good. and I think you all should get it to try it. however I'm a lazy person that prefer to use one way out if its possible Smile
I READ MINDS.... YOURS TOO.
John C
View Profile
Inner circle
9966 Posts

Profile of John C
I agree with easy as I am lazy as well. Thanks mindgames.

J
John C
View Profile
Inner circle
9966 Posts

Profile of John C
I just found this thread as I was searching Google by accident. I read the the entire thread. I want to thank everyone who posted and purchased this effect.

I appreciate it. I really do. While I read what others and I have said I wanted to say the credit for this type of effect goes to Martin Lewis and Deddy. I only thought I had an idea that would add to a simpler way of performing it. A simpler way for me.

As long as I'm in this world, I am a light in this world.- Rev Gary Davis
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Ultimate Technicolor Prediction! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL