The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Ultimate Technicolor Prediction! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
John C
View Profile
Inner circle
The AMAZING and COMMERCIAL Chair Test
9966 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2009-08-24 10:28, AlluTallu wrote:
John, I know I can trust you and I'm sure this won't dissappoint me Smile I'm going to buy this today. I'll post my thoughts after I have read it.

Ps. I have had some great success with your UPN. Thanks again for making the basic principle so much more practical!

-Aleksi

Hey, if you can't use it ... Paolo will give you 100% of your money back! Smile Smile Smile

J

PS: I wish I knew how to make one of those BIG LAUGHING faces!
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
1946 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
In the most recent release by Mr. Lewis, they do NOT remove the prediction them selves. I am not saying this is a problem, but in the original, he gives them the envelope, tells them to carefully remove the prediction, he then takes back the envelope and holds it in the air and has them read the prediction outload outload. I do not own John's version,but the sole fact that they can remove the prediction themselves is a huge plus over the new release IMHO.
It seems the thing people dislike the most is the stand.
AlluTallu
View Profile
Veteran user
Finland
396 Posts

Profile of AlluTallu
Quote:

You don't need one. You have your avatar Smile

Ps. I just clicked the paypal button.

-Aleksi
John C
View Profile
Inner circle
9966 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2009-08-24 13:42, AlluTallu wrote:
Quote:

You don't need one. You have your avatar Smile

Ps. I just clicked the paypal button.

-Aleksi

LOL! Oh yea! I forgot.
AlluTallu
View Profile
Veteran user
Finland
396 Posts

Profile of AlluTallu
John, I have to say that this effect is definitely another winner from you! Money well spent Smile

-Aleksi
John C
View Profile
Inner circle
9966 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2009-08-24 14:26, AlluTallu wrote:
John, I have to say that this effect is definitely another winner from you! Money well spent Smile

-Aleksi

COOL! I am glad I lived and re-lived up to your expectations as well as everyone else that has purchased this.

I mean, expectations are just as important as character and that's all we can count on from each other while we're hidden behind our computer screens!

J
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1745 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
I just downloaded this and I have to say it is very good. I will use it. I have to admit once I saw Cody Fishers' comment I figured it would be good. This brings a great effect into an easy to carry and perform realm. I like it a lot.

Thanks John.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Leo-Kim
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Leo-Kim
Quote:
On 2009-08-24 12:53, JSBLOOM wrote:
In the most recent release by Mr. Lewis, they do NOT remove the prediction them selves. I am not saying this is a problem, but in the original, he gives them the envelope, tells them to carefully remove the prediction, he then takes back the envelope and holds it in the air and has them read the prediction outload outload.

Well, not really. He doesn't give them the envelope, he holds it and invites them to take out the paper that he removed halfway (check the video on his site http://www.magikraft.com). I have performed this for many years and noone has ever commented on it. I haven't seen mr Lewis' new version but I imagine that thew smaller size of the envelopes makes it necessary for the performer to handle them himself.

Remember that the focus shouldn't be on the envelopes or the board. They are just a tool to hold the predictions. The effect is about your uncanny ability to know in advance wich color they would choose.

A great trick and with great comedic potential.

I should mention that I have not seen mr Cestas version but from the description it sounds interesting, although in my parlour show the original works great so I am not in any hurry to replace it.

Mikael Johansson
Sweden
If it's worth doing, it's worth doing well
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2230 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Shouldn't the final prediction be in the performer's envelope? I don't see the need for a wallet with a prediction inside.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3998 Posts

Profile of parmenion
It's sound to me like one of Paolo idea.
So, the wallet here is essential.
Am I wrong John ?
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
John C
View Profile
Inner circle
9966 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2009-08-25 15:55, parmenion wrote:
It's sound to me like one of Paolo idea.
So, the wallet here is essential.
Am I wrong John ?

Something is essential as long as it's like the wallet. Smile

Some have different tools. Mine is a wallet.

J
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
1946 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
Again, this SOUNDS like a HUGE improvement over the new release by Martin Lewis.
I have the old version and I simply put white envelopes under the colored ones.
This makes it a lot easier to do what you have to do; however,it is not a small prop.
So you need a wallet, big deal?

The dilemna is how it possible to have the FINAL prediction come out of the envelope with using normal envelopes w/o that stand?
Until this is solved, this seems like it will be the ULTIMATE TP for most.
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3998 Posts

Profile of parmenion
So, for me it looks very logical by the way, but I confess I eat lot of (gold)fish so my brain works fast,but as a goldfish every one minute I forget when I knew.
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Special user
Miami, FL
818 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Quote:
On 2009-08-25 15:13, Jerskin wrote:
Shouldn't the final prediction be in the performer's envelope? I don't see the need for a wallet with a prediction inside.

Yea I'm not understanding what's up with this wallet. What type of wallet are we talking about here anyway?
chrismatt
View Profile
Special user
Why would you read any of my
965 Posts

Profile of chrismatt
The original Martin Lewis TP used a Himber Wallet with three colored envelopes or cards on one side and six "out" colored envelopes or cards on the other side. It's in the book, Martin's Miracles at page 143. Has this trick come full circle?

Thanks,
CM
Details make perfection, but perfection is no detail.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6575 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Out of curiosity, I purchased this item the other day. I also have the Martin Lewis book. Basically, the routines are quite similar. The primary difference is that John Cesta has applied a method explained by Karl Fulves back in 1977 in place of the method Lewis used in the book for the final prediction.

IMO, the original method is superior, in that the spectators can fairly open and remove the contents of the envelopes they choose, whereas in John's version, the performer must open the envelope. It's simply a fairer procedure, and there is nothing for them to find or for the performer to clean up. In point of fact, a variation is mentioned in the Lewis book where no envelopes are used at all.

That's the main problem I have with calling something an "ultimate" version or "the last word". Unless you've really done your homework and researched every single variation ever published, how can you possibly make that claim? I personally have no problem with John releasing his version--it's the whole "ultimate" business that rubs me the wrong way. I also think this would have been better suited as one item in a larger ebook collection as opposed to a single effect for about $13. Again, that's just my personal opinion. YMMV
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
John C
View Profile
Inner circle
9966 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2009-08-25 23:29, Mac_Stone wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-08-25 15:13, Jerskin wrote:

Yea I'm not understanding what's up with this wallet. What type of wallet are we talking about here anyway?

I think the privilege of knowing this is in a purchase?

J

Quote:
On 2009-08-26 03:20, Scott F. Guinn wrote:
Out of curiosity, I purchased this item the other day. I also have the Martin Lewis book. Basically, the routines are quite similar. The primary difference is that John Cesta has applied a method explained by Karl Fulves back in 1977 in place of the method Lewis used in the book for the final prediction.

IMO, the original method is superior, in that the spectators can fairly open and remove the contents of the envelopes they choose, whereas in John's version, the performer must open the envelope. It's simply a fairer procedure, and there is nothing for them to find or for the performer to clean up. In point of fact, a variation is mentioned in the Lewis book where no envelopes are used at all.

That's the main problem I have with calling something an "ultimate" version or "the last word". Unless you've really done your homework and researched every single variation ever published, how can you possibly make that claim? I personally have no problem with John releasing his version--it's the whole "ultimate" business that rubs me the wrong way. I also think this would have been better suited as one item in a larger ebook collection as opposed to a single effect for about $13. Again, that's just my personal opinion. YMMV

Sorry Scott, not true that the performer MUST open the envelope in all cases in ULITIMATE Technicolor Prediction. Not true. The spec can actually REMOVE the envelope from the wallet AND in a case REMOVE the prediction with zero help from the performer.

Scott, you seem to be a fair guy. Why don't you share your personal opinion on my ULTIMATE Positive Negative routine that you shared with me and get it out in the open so we can all get the BIG picture. Don't hide beneath the sheets!

And please don't attempt to announce the "secret" to my trick. I wouldn't do that to you!

This is my last reply to you Scott, the floor is all yours. You will have the last word!

With Respect and Sincerity,

John Cesta

PS: And ULTIMATE Technicolor Prediction is not $13 it's only $12.77
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
1946 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
CM,
From what I have read, it has not come full circle.....9 Envelopes to do an effect that can actually be done with 3 normal envelopes and no funky stand!
9 Envelopes IMHO seems over kill to me.
I have the original. I was told by a seller the lewis new version requires every single prediction to be removed by the magician. I gaffed my stand.
John has said they can remove the envelope and prediction. This be true,logic tells me he is NOT showing them 6 envelopes on one side, right?
Could it be the Miller Miracle 6 way wallet? NOT.
John C
View Profile
Inner circle
9966 Posts

Profile of John C
Thanks JSBLOOM,

I agree with what you said, but I add that I hope this doesn't turn into an exposure fest. Let's move on with the topic.

In both cases the spec can remove the envelope containing the prediction and in one case the spec can remove BOTH the envelope and the prediction. In the other case they can remove the envelope ... then they can certainly remove the prediction as well.

In both cases they can EAT the envelope in the end if they wish.

The folks that have purchased this effect know EXACTLY what I am referring to.

Those that have purchased both ULTIMATE Technicolor Prediction and ULTIMATE Positive Negative KNOW what I look for in performance. SIMPLICITY.

If I like the outcome of a previously released routine but I think it's too difficult to perform (for me!) I try and SIMPLIFY it. My goal is not to go one step forward blah blah blah. It's to make it easier to perform for ME and thus hopefully for others. It's too make the thinking during performance minimal. Why think: which envelope, which side, which slot, which color, how to do the verbal linguistics. All that's not FUN for me during a show. If I'm not having FUN then the audience won't have FUN. It's about FUN.

Let's have a little FUN ... shall we?

Anyway, I have to get back to work on my next ULTIMATE! ....

JC
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6575 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Quote:
On 2009-08-26 07:18, johncesta wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-08-26 03:20, Scott F. Guinn wrote:

Sorry Scott, not true that the performer MUST open the envelope in all cases in ULITIMATE Technicolor Prediction. Not true. The spec can actually REMOVE the envelope from the wallet AND in a case REMOVE the prediction with zero help from the performer.

Scott, you seem to be a fair guy. Why don't you share your personal opinion on my ULTIMATE Positive Negative routine that you shared with me and get it out in the open so we can all get the BIG picture. Don't hide beneath the sheets!

And please don't attempt to announce the "secret" to my trick. I wouldn't do that to you!

This is my last reply to you Scott, the floor is all yours. You will have the last word!

With Respect and Sincerity,

John Cesta

PS: And ULTIMATE Technicolor Prediction is not $13 it's only $12.77

As for $13 vs $12.77, well, that's not worth getting into. Sorry if I offended you by rounding up 23 cents.

No secrets here, and I didn't reveal any part of your method. What I told you in a PM, since you asked me to tell everyone here, is that UPN is virtually identical to a Karl Fulves routine in a book he published in 1977. However, instead of predicting heads or tails, he predicted the winner of the Super Bowl. The method, which you credited to Rick Maue, has probably been around for even longer than that.

Now with UTP, you are releasing another single effect for NEARLY $13. This single effect varies virtually insignificantly from Martin Lewis' original method published in a much more recent and easy to find book.

In my message to you I said pretty much what I said above: that you didn't do your homework, and that by calling your version ultimate you are saying it is superior to every other version out there, whether it is the orginator's or others' who have published variations. Now, IMO, it is one thing for the originator to publish several variations and then call one "ultimate". It is quite another for someone who claims not to be a "historian" to rediscover something that has been done years before and call it "the ultimate last word."

I'm sure you're a good guy, John. I have nothing against you personally. It just seems to me you haven't bothered to do your homework. IMO, someone who is going to release an effect shouldtry to find out everything he can about it, including its published history and variations before releasing the effect. How can you claim it's the best version and the last word if you aren't even aware of all the published versions created by Martin Lewis himself? One can get the whole Martin Lewis book for about what you're charging for these two effects.

Just my opinion. You are of course, free to disagree.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Ultimate Technicolor Prediction! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.31 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL