The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Vampire killing kit (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
2768 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
That's Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Quote, How to get into illusions, unquote"
Roni
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Roni
There must be a routine here by looking at the stuff and perhaps re creating some of it.
Roni
WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
749 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
I think this was on the Café last year and someone said it was a fake. A good fake, but still a fake.

I still love it!
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3010 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Various types of these have been floating around for years, often being auctioned for 2-4K.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3725 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Not even a good fake. Search vampire killing kit on this forum.
ghostgaff
View Profile
Regular user
North Carolina
106 Posts

Profile of ghostgaff
And yet people continue to buy them, and they will still be bought as long as there are rich people that will spend money on anything.

Buyer beware. As the saying goes, "A fool and his money are soon to part".
"The prince of darkness is a gentleman"-
"All the world's a stage, and the people merley actors."-
Shakespeare
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1414 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
The kit looks like something that might come from Outlaw Products! Smile

The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3725 Posts

Profile of The Curator
I bet that the artists at Outlaw can do better.
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Let's hope they do !
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
2768 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Quote:
On 2009-08-22 02:59, The Curator wrote:

Okay, I'll bite... Smile

How can you tell?
www.georgefledo.net

SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3477 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
You'll BITE George, oh lord I had now idea you were one.... of them!
Quick where can I buy a kit?

Magically,
Walt
“Tales of Enchantment: The Art of Magic”
by Walt Anthony
www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com

"spinning tales and weaving enchantment"
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13032 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I need new glasses.

When I saw this topic I was really interested in what it could be, all sorts of interesting and bizarre ideas flooded through my mind. I thought it said "Vampire killing kilt"
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3725 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Quote:
On 2009-08-22 17:14, George Ledo wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-08-22 02:59, The Curator wrote:

Okay, I'll bite... Smile

How can you tell?

Bottles are from the 1930/40's era at least, pistol is ridiculous, the wooden stake (with crosses) weren't in use, the disposition in the box isn't correct for a XIXth century kit... Lot of mistakes.

This one have 3 silver crosses (a golgotha) engraved on the pistol, the book is a 1819 book with informations like "how to discover a vampire tomb", bottles are embossed and easy to date (as are all the items in the kit), the Blomberg serum is still in one of the bottles (and has been analyzed), there are 2 holy relics with their cardinal seals, protective medals against demons...

lin
View Profile
Special user
California
744 Posts

Profile of lin
Here's quite a collection of kits (also, one confession):

http://deeplyblue.com/bluetea/labels/assemblage.html

grain of salt, anyone?

:D
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3725 Posts

Profile of The Curator
But "Michael de Winter" is wrong, Nicolas Plomdeur and Ernst Freiherr Von Blomberg did exist. I let my friend Van Helmont tell you you about Blomberg, he made the research; and my other friend Antoine (who's working at the Invalides, the war museum in Paris) to tell you about Plomdeur.
I forgot to mention that there's an autographed photo of Blomberg in the Surnateum collection, and I think he still has a descendance today.

Quote:
Ernst Freiherr von Blomberg (°1821 - +1903)
Born in Hamburg, son of Wilhelm Freiherr von Blomberg. He attended the Academisches Gymnasium where he studied Evangelic Theology and subsequently enrolled the University to study Biology. We lose his track due to the moving of the family; he resurfaces in 1856 when he is appointed Lektor at the University (then Fachschule) of Lübeck. He holds the chair of Zoology and, fully within his iron Prussian upbringing, sports a fascination for all things theological. In 1869 he publishes a work called “Die Verwandlung I'm Prinzipus: Thiere, Maenschen und Ihren Gottlosen Vereinen”. Covering topics such as clinical lycanthropy and clinical vampirism, it is considered the first attempt in describing anthrozoology. Later, and unintentionally, he is the first to coin the term Human biology. Today, this term is used on an entirely different basis, but his use had the same roots of research, albeit distorted by religious motives. As Sanitätsrat (an honorary title given to physicians), Freiherr von Blomberg equally held a private medical practice in his estate in Lauenburg from 1889 until 1894. He retired from university two years later. He died in Lübeck in 1903.

In 1914, Springer Berlin/Heidelberg posthumously published his “Ein seltener fall von Hydrocephalus” (A Rare Case of Hydrocephalus) in the ‘Zeitschrift für die gesamte Neurologie und Psychiatrie’. It was his last study to scientifically prove that a physical deformation (in casu Hydrocephalus) was a possible cause of lycanthropy and vampirism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freiherr_von_Blomberg
So, Michael de Winter's opinion and confession = lol.

stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
That's just brilliant!

I'd sure like to read the whole thing, however, and not just the introduction. Is the whole thing on line somewhere? Or is there more at the Surnateum? OK, I guess this last question I can answer myself. I'm off to do it.
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3725 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Part of it has been published on Wikipedia, but most of the real information is kept in the Surnateum Library. But Van Helmont will probably answer your question here.
Some people like "de Winter" make very stupid claims until they meet people who simply do research.

The team members of the Surnateum do their homework and we have very unusual and interesting theories and studies about subjects like: what's the real origin and secret in the Tarot of Marseille, who's tomb is represented on Nicolas Poussin's painting "les Bergers d'Arcadie", who was Blomberg, when do we have the first use of silver bullets against monsters (witches, werewolves or vampires), what is probably the real cause of the famous vampiric panic in Europe during the early XVIIIth century...
Every bit of information is perfectly documented.
But you have to be a member of the Surnateum to gain access to that level of information.
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
2768 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Hey, Curator, thanks for the feedback on the kit. Smile
www.georgefledo.net

Antoine
View Profile
Regular user
Northern France
103 Posts

Profile of Antoine
Quote:
On 2009-08-23 06:47, The Curator wrote:
But "Michael de Winter" is wrong

Yes he is…

I could follow Nicolas Plomdeur in Archives in the second part of 19th century

Nicolas Plomdeur was formed in liege. Some years later he emigrated to France to become leader of the Parisian workshop of his father. Amazingly, his workshop was located nearly the office of French policeman Vidocq, on whom I am currently working on… He then installed his son in it, before taking back the headquarters in liege, once his father died. The Kesselhaut firm bought back the two workshops at the end of 19th century.

Archives give us strong informations... Not de Winter...
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3725 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Quote:
On 2009-08-21 18:57, Roni wrote:
There must be a routine here by looking at the stuff and perhaps re creating some of it.
Roni

Even a full show (remember Vampire Esp ?).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Vampire killing kit (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL