The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Vampire killing kit (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Glorious!
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Should I mention that both keys are perfectly balanced for a well-known effect ?
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Yes!!!
Of course mention THAT!
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
If you take a closer look to the microscope photos, you may also find interesting items very useful for certain bizarre uses... Smile
Usually, it may be interesting to take closer looks at my photos, some informations may be hidden there.
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
The Collector (circa 1900), Tomb Raider, Vampire Slayer, Archeologist of the Mysterious and Explorer of the Unknown.

sweetcarl
View Profile
Regular user
Brussels, Belgium
120 Posts

Profile of sweetcarl
I've had the pleasure of seeing all of these items in real life at the Surnateum and I am looking forward to seeing them in the new, larger Surnateum that The Curator mentioned above. The pictures are beautiful, but imagine the impact when you see them in the proper surroundings! Smile
Official Translator to Christian Chelman and the Surnateum
Linguanet Quality Translations
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
And a closer look at the contains of his bag.

andreas
View Profile
New user
Germany (Leverkusen)
29 Posts

Profile of andreas
This beatutiful (and original) vampire killing kit was sold for "only" 4800$.
I guess the new home of this kit is the Surnateum? ;-))

http://www.gregmartinauctions.com/Auctio......ID=93201

(Sorry, I don't know how to add pictures)

Greetings
Andreas
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator

Thanks Andreas.
This kit is really nice (even if totally illogical according to vampire and monster hunting). But alas, not housed at the Surnateum. Smile
The final price of 4700$ seems very low for a "real antique" item, but correct for a nice curiosa like this. So; I've a serious doubt about the authenticity but can't really find any mistake at first sight.
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Is that a multi-tool cross?: cross, knife, spanner, bottle opener and corkscrew all in one.
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Quote:
By tradition, this example was brought back from Germany after WWII by one Sergeant Glen Pendelton who liberated it from a German museum in Berlin.

I like the "euphemism"... Smile Smile Smile
A bit like those who "liberate" rare and precious antiquities from the museum of Bagdad.
Winston Louis
View Profile
New user
Boston
16 Posts

Profile of Winston Louis
Quote:

Dear Curator,
I am very impressed by your work I am discovering on this forum! It is among the most complete and learned works I have encountered so far, and I congratulate you wholeheartedly!
On closer inspection of your opulant pictures, I cannot fail to notice the pendant on the left of the picture, a Fuchshaken. These are so common in Bavaria and Austria, that seeing one here stands out.
Why is it there?
Yours truly,
- Winston
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
The "Fuchsaken" ,(are you sure about the spelling ?) is there because it was among the items in the VKK.
Thanks for your appreciation.
Winston Louis
View Profile
New user
Boston
16 Posts

Profile of Winston Louis
Dear Curator,

Thank you for clearifying. Every shop in the eastern alps have them, I saw so many of them on vacation. They are such a folkloristic attribute to the already carnavalesque lederhosen that your pendant seemed out of place.
Yes, fuchs in German means fox, and haken I don't know. It's part of the charivari as included on this picture.

Yours truly,
-Winston
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Nice Bavarian charivari. Smile

Haken should be a hook.
This specific item (our Fuchshaken) is dated from the second part of the nineteenth century.
Some objects from my collection can be seen here: http://www.surnateum.org
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
The tradition of wearing animal parts (teeth) is almost universal. My collection contains among other amulets, a XVIIth century Thai Tiger tooth, a XIXth century Hmong/Miao Bear tooth with silver, this specific German amulet...
Usually, they protect the wearer from being attacked by wild beasts and various monsters/ghosts. The wearer also benefits from some animal "qualities". It may explain why the teeth are in the VKK. Amulet and trophy ?
Winston Louis
View Profile
New user
Boston
16 Posts

Profile of Winston Louis
Dear Curator,

I can not start to thank you enough for passing me the hyperlink to the surnateum, I am in awe! Were/are all of the objects of the museum yours? Did you donate your collection?
If you don't mind my asking, you aren't American, are you?
Yours truly,
-Winston
Winston Louis
View Profile
New user
Boston
16 Posts

Profile of Winston Louis
Quote:
On 2010-12-21 16:04, The Curator wrote:
Nice Bavarian charivari. Smile

Dear Curator,

Did you notice how I forced the Ace of Spades (or Two of Spades if you count both sides)?
Yours truly,
-Winston
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
I'm Belgian, and all the collection is mine. The Surnateum shows only a very small part of the real collection.

I noticed the 2 of spades Smile .
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Vampire killing kit (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL