The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » HN Review 42: Universal Holder - Alexander de Cova (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Harvey Nerzof
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Harvey Nerzof
HN Review 42: Universal Holder - Alexander de Cova

AD:

Multiple award winner Alexander de Cova came up with the ultimate... the Universal Holder!
Ingeniously designed to act as a third hand to secretly deliver you any small object in your hand. Use the Universal Holder for baffling productions or loadings. Secretly obtain silks, jumbo and standard size coins, cigarettes, thimbles, prepared paper (like switching in an origami fold), cards, jumbo cards, streamers, Fantasio-style canes and candles, sponge balls, flash accessories, rope, magnets, spring flowers, rubber products, mouth coils, or any of your favorite gimmicks —
all delivered instantly right into your hands!
Because of its special design, the Universal Holder grips all different sizes and shapes of objects secure until needed. Use it whenever you have to secretly obtain, add or steal something. This is the holder that you’ve been looking for. This is the holder used by professionals over the years!
• Universal Holder is made of durable plastic to last a lifetime!
• Can be used for close-up, stand-up or the stage!
• Can be attached to the body or prop!
• Comes complete with 2 Universal Holders!

REVIEW:

Mine came with only one holder, and is made of metal (not durable plastic). I purchased it in the early nineties, maybe it is a different version. Anyway, it is basically a CARD DECK holder (possibly cased deck). And I don’t do cards.

Overall rating: ambiguously weak

H.
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
This was my worst purchase in magic.
Bernard Sim
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
Talk about a deceptive ad! Smile
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
DonHarlan
View Profile
Loyal user
Richmond, VA
296 Posts

Profile of DonHarlan
I’m still trying to work with mine, the only success I have had with it is with a jumbo coin production. But it still leaves something to be desired.
“Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.”-Tom Robbins
<BR>
<BR>“One man's "magic" is another man's engineering".-Robert A. Heinlein
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Despite the negative review I have purchased a set. I'll let you know my thought when I receive them.
Siddharta
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of Siddharta
I am new to magic and looking for ways to produce and get rid of gimmicks and do deck switches. Any recent review on the de Cova holder ? Doesn't seem to be that popular.
dsalley13
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of dsalley13
Magic Ian's is better than most and at a much lower expenditure of cash too! It really is a universal holder.

My attempt at buying De Cova's product resulted in my receiving 2 broken plastic messes. The seller said I should have asked for insurance. I told him he should have put it in something more substantial than a bubble-bag envelope. I had initially asked the dealer to send them (a 2-pack) in, a box, he didn't listen. I finally got a refund after over a month of fighting for it! ;o)

dsalley13
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » HN Review 42: Universal Holder - Alexander de Cova (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL