The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Tenyo Closing? Nonsense! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
Just thought that I would help to nip this rumor in the bud.

Ok.. this is a two week or older story started by a posting on MagicLegends.com which reads:

Please Note: In mid 2009, we received very disturbing news from the Tenyo Company. Their entire product line is being discontinued, and manufacturing has stopped on all of their effects! We are not sure if any of their products will be released in 2010 or not! We will try to get from them as many of the tricks that they have available, and if the trick is still listed on this page, it should be still available. Quantities are extremely limited, and if the trick has been on your wish list, now will be the time to purchase them. We are very sorry to see this happen with Tenyo, and their products will be sorry missed as they have created so many great effects over all these years!!! We have reduced the price slightly on each trick until they all magically disappear...

I don't know who these guys are, and I could be wrong, but it feels like they are trying to drive demand to clear inventory.

Steve Brooks is intimately involved with Tenyo right now with regards to the development, marketing and selling of the Tenyo Elite line of products.

I had heard this elsewhere, but reconfirmed with Steve Brooks that it is nonsense. He spoke to his contact at Tenyo when this rumor first surfaced and that person was none too pleased to hear that this was being circulated. Steve Brooks has no reason to think that this is true and, I think that based on what others like Steve Cohen have said, we can rest assured that Tenyo is alive and well. BTW.. isn't this their 50th anniversary year?
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
471 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
I think the rumor probably started because D. Robbins has put on their website that many of the older Tenyo items are not available....I have also been told that they haven't been answering emails for months - thus the warning D. Robbins put on their site. Good to hear they aren't out of biz but I think this got things started...BTW many of the Tenyo items are still NOT available. We had to remove from our website because of unavailability. Someone might check into this...
Rick Fisher, President FAB Magic

"One of the largest magic shops in the world!"

www.fabmagic.com
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
471 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
This is what the Robbins site says as of today....
WE HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO GET ANY DELIVERY INFORMATION ON PAST TENYO ITEMS. IF NOT ON LINE , IT IS DISCONTINUED. IF PRICE IS LISTED , SHOULD BE AVAILABLE. ITEMS ARE TEMPORARILY DISCONTINUED AS THEY RUN OUT
Rick Fisher, President FAB Magic

"One of the largest magic shops in the world!"

www.fabmagic.com
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
I'm sure that Steve can clarify, but certain items are discontinued from time to time, but not the entire line as reported.
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Dodd is correct, It is not uncommon for Tenyo to discontinue various items from time to time and the rumor that the Tenyo company is closing is utter nonsense.
I have it on good authority that the 2010 Tenyo items will be released in the next few months. Smile

Speaking of Tenyo, the first two Tenyo Elite tricks (Moonspinner and Fortune Stickes will be available come mid September!

Keep informed by visiting the Official Tenyo Elite website or follow our Tweets on our Official Tenyo Elite Twitter Page. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Tenyo Closing? Nonsense! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL