The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Need new Christmas Story (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
The last few years we have closed our Christmas show with Horton and I reading The Night Before Christmas (based on an old Bergen routine)

Now that Jeff did it on his Christmas special, I have had people saying I stole it from him.

I am trying to find a good substitute or a good strong Christmas closer.

Any ideas?
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Neal, your not alone. I have been using that idea for many years.

I started doing it at a party at my own home. Perfect with folks in a small circle or large auditorium. My story (like other Laughology routines) is more family friendly. Jeff does help with being accepted more as a ventriloquist. Just finished the 3rd of 4 workshops for teens on the art of Puppetry.(including of course vent)

Songs are always a good way to close. With the audience joining in on either the chorus or last verse. As you know audience participation is a great way to make individuals come together.

Choices can be fun...Mother got run over
to more traditional ..Silent Night...

I have a running gag with Oh Christmas Tree, or Rudolph. Nigel gets it wrong all the way through the program..and then at the end ask for help and gets it.

Used to use the 12 days of Xmas..but find using the whole song is toooooo long.

and of course for church programs...you could tell THE Christmas Story....

or write something from your or you kids experiencing xmas. (I find I can sell things that are more personal to me.

Comment from teacher this afternoon.."you had the students in the palm of your hand from the get go" .....Priceless..

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Bob Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
1111 Posts

Profile of Bob Baker
Neale:

Although I cannot name any specific stories (being Jewish, I'm not fully up on the Christmas literature), I'll bet there are many other heart-warming tales you could find on an internet search.

Or perhaps better yet, maybe there is a Christmas story from your youth you could tell Horton, with some enhancements, if need be. I think something personal from you would be truly heartfelt and would resonate with the audience much more than a poem everyone (even me!) knows.

Bob
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Bob, Well said.

Shalom,

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Need new Christmas Story (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL