The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello from Indiana (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JBlaze
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of JBlaze
Whats up everybody. I have been active on other forums but don't really have the same viewpoints as most magicians there. Even though I am only 25, I am pretty disenfranchised with where magic seems to be going these days, at least where the younger folks seem to be taking it. I feel like the whole mentality has changed, kids just want to show off for their friends and in turn never spend enough time on anything. The younger magicians out there don't seem to care about magic theory or the history and folklore behind it all. I mean how many young people do you see doing ANYTHING with coins? Its far and few between.

Magic is SO much more than just doing tricks, you are changing peoples reality for that moment.

I guess I am just more like a lot of you old school folks out there, the old schoolers seem to have MUCH more true appreciation of the art, they seem to be interested in it beyond just performing the trick......

I am really looking forward to my time at Magic Café..
Spence Of Spades
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of Spence Of Spades
Where are you in Indiana?? I'm in New Albany across the river from Louisville
AttnPls
View Profile
Special user
554 Posts

Profile of AttnPls
Welcome! Keep following your interests, your instincts will server you well. Magic is a very rich and deep art form. We all enter it from different angles, but the great thing about magic is that once you've explored one aspect, you'll suddenly discover a whole new area of interest. There will always be those who are only interested in learning a few tricks. Most of them will lose interest over time but a select few may eventually dive in deeper. The art form will live on with guys like you who put the time and effort into really learning the craft. Don't worry about all the other... your skills will blow them away.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello from Indiana (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL