The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » New from Taylor Imagineering: ALONE! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18~19~20..27~28~29 [Next]
mattjohnson
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
451 Posts

Profile of mattjohnson
Hi All,

Down in Vegas at Mindvention having a blast! I stayed up a little late last night & had a couple too many beers so I am nursing a little bit of a sore head at the moment :o(

I am glad to see all of your comments, I would however like to address this wave of sales that everyone seems to be focusing on.

First lets put this wave in perspective. Christopher & I originally packaged 200 ALONE units. We have since sold all of those units except for the 20 we have at Mindvention & the 6 or 7 we gave to colleagues for beta testing. That's about 170 out there already. It appears we have 7 that have been resold (according to my reading of this thread). Looking at the numbers we have sold I am OK with 7 being resold. Not all effects will be a great fit for all people, it's as simple as that. Part of the process (if you want the secret) is to buy the effect. If you feel it's not for you then that's completely understandable.

Now to the matter of the mismatch between marketing & the real experience. I do have to say that I do not believe there is a mismatch between the marketing & the real experience.Now I know you will all consider my opinion a little bias & one sided but hear me out here. We released 7 demo videos to show you exactly what ALONE is capable of. I feel we were more than fair & forthcoming with our demos. There is no mismatch as far as I am concerned. What you saw (is exactly) what is possible with ALONE & more!

As we have mentioned for some time, an expansion pack will be coming out in January 2010.We have simply come up with more great routines with the unit over time not to mention we have great contributions from people both Christopher & I respect very much. These routines from contributors are great & we want to share them with you.

I do not fault anyone for selling their unit either. If it does not work for you then move it on, however I again will reiterate, there is no mismatch between the marketing & the real experience.

Thanks to all for purchasing & thanks for all your great comments & private PM's on ALONE, both Christopher & I are very happy to hear that you are enjoying your new purchase. To those that have decided to move their ALONE units on, thank you for giving it a try.

Cheers,

Matt Johnson
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Nicely said Matt!

:)
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
The less go with it the more people would'nt know about it.
Hope that makes sense.

I do not want to sound egoistic but things like Alone seem to be more effective if not spreaded widely. The price indeed helps for that. (and of course creativity)

If something does'nt work correctly there is no reason for re-selling it.
http://www.taylorimagineering.com/warranty.php

I really believe in T.I's support and hope others will do so!

Is there a possibility of tracking standard airmail?

best,
art
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Art, that's exactly why I'm here at Vegas for Mindvention, to pick it up personal from Christopher. Just kidding, but standard airmail doesn't offer tracking. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
So I have to keep waiting for the lucky day..

I would like to be there now instead of sitting at my desk..

have much fun there!
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Question regarding the limitations of this device, it sounds very useful, I understand the obvious fun in which hand, but who would pay $300, seriously, only to find out which hand something is in, or where in a room an object is? What I am more interested is the part of the routine where someone wrote something down and Matt stated it. Are there any serious limitations to this portion of the effect?
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Quote:
On 2009-11-10 12:42, magicFreak2 wrote:
Question regarding the limitations of this device, it sounds very useful, I understand the obvious fun in which hand, but who would pay $300, seriously, only to find out which hand something is in, or where in a room an object is? What I am more interested is the part of the routine where someone wrote something down and Matt stated it. Are there any serious limitations to this portion of the effect?

Who would pay £300, seriously, only to find out where someone wrote something down?
Obviously you.
And others would pay the same to find out which hand it's in or where in the room the object is hidden.
Can you explain the difference? How is one a miracle and the other isn't?
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2009-11-10 13:20, bobser wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-11-10 12:42, magicFreak2 wrote:

Who would pay £300, seriously, only to find out where someone wrote something down?
Obviously you.
And others would pay the same to find out which hand it's in or where in the room the object is hidden.
Can you explain the difference? How is one a miracle and the other isn't?

There are a million uses for what someone wrote down (e.g. Phone number, Pin number, Book tests), but only one for the hands (oh wow, you got a 50% chance right three times in a row!)

I would just rather use the Nose Knows principle (80% success ration makes it seem more genuine)
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Magicfreak...

buy another device.

J
xxx
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
NP. I had just saw somewhere on the video this lady writing the name of a card and Matthew Johnson naming it. Guess I was misled or it was a different principle.
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
No...

That effect is POSSIBLE with alone. It looks and feels just as clean as it did in the video ( nothing misleading here ) but I feel that what you are looking for is a real time p**k or i** device.

Which you can get for far cheaper than $300.

I am of the opinion that alone will not suit your purposes.

J
xxx
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1566 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
I've had a chance to take Alone out for a spin the last few days, and am really pleased with the reaction I'm getting.

I have a spec name four cities they'd like to visit, and write them down on a card. I then take them through a mental exercise where they create an imaginary trip, where they travel from one city to the next. At the end, I reveal the exact city by city order of the trip they take, and as a kicker, predict the time they arrive at their final destination.

For those with the Alone DVD, I make a slight alteration to the "Infinity Principle", changing it to a circular globe the spec travels around, and, as a Nail in the Coffin ending, use my SYKYS watch for the kicker.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
How long will it take for a standard airmail package to europe/germany.

I am getting a little bit impatient.

@magicfreak2
may sound stupid but the limition is your own mind!
(i believe this experience you could have with every single T.I Product)

Buy it like everybody, use it like nobody would ever think of!

best,
art
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Mr. Mindbender,

Love the routine! I may use this one with my SW. Knowing the "Infinity Principle" I think the the globe idea is wonderful and makes such good sense!

Mike Smile
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2009-11-10 14:16, Jay Are wrote:
No...

That effect is POSSIBLE with alone. It looks and feels just as clean as it did in the video ( nothing misleading here ) but I feel that what you are looking for is a real time p**k or i** device.

Which you can get for far cheaper than $300.

Thank you for your feedback, unfortunately I am not aware of any REAL TIME p**k devices that are sub $300, I find this rather hard to believe.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Quote:
On 2009-11-10 13:52, magicFreak2 wrote:

I would just rather use the Nose Knows principle (80% success ration makes it seem more genuine)

I understand what you say. It's just that, a pro would never dream of guessing when he's right or wrong. He rather CHOOSES when to be right or wrong. Also you talk of the hands being a 50/50 chance but that's not the case when someone can place an item ANYWHERE in the room. That might blow someone away. And that person might already be aware of 'imp pads/clip boards etc.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Ireland
View Profile
Loyal user
Regina, Sask. Canada
217 Posts

Profile of Ireland
If minds could really be read, why would someone always have to write it down first?
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1566 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
If you don't have an answer to that question, then you should consider another hobby/profession. Right?
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Luckily ireland already has...

not sure why he's on this forum though...

;
xxx
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
1261 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
Quote:
On 2009-11-10 20:02, Ireland wrote:
If minds could really be read, why would someone always have to write it down first?

Hmmm. The problem with the printed word is that the tone is lost. I honestly can't tell if you're seriously posing a question, taking a position or just having a laugh. I sure you know that your question has been covered endlessly in print and video. The answers are myriad.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » New from Taylor Imagineering: ALONE! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18~19~20..27~28~29 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL