The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2009 entrée: Docc Hilford » » Trade Shows » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
1378 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Hi Docc, always good to someone of your caliber on the Café. I believe you also had a Tape for magicians wanting to work trade shows. As I recall, it was your actual trade show program. Can you reflect on this?

Thanks,

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Docc Hilford
View Profile
V.I.P.
293 Posts

Profile of Docc Hilford
Steve,

It's the booklet, The Star Tradeshow Act.

It contain, the actual act I performed for years, all the patter as well as the psychological attitude of working on the floor.

Here's a thought from the introduction:

"The main mistake I believe many tradeshow magicians make is renaming props in their act as intangibles from the client’s sales material. I saw one guy do a four coin trick where he called each coin a point he wanted the public to remember. He identified the first coin as “Customer Satisfaction”, the second coin was “Aftersale Service”. The third coin was called “Our Extensive Product Line” and the last one was “Quality”. The coins moved from one hand to the other as part of the company’s “Easy Delivery Plan”. He was rather proud of the presentation, but I thought it was lacking."

"The public didn’t, for a moment, believe that the coins were representative of anything more than two dollars total! It is important to get a message across, but through demonstration, not through renaming props. The magician was close to this concept by using the “Easy Delivery Plan”, because the coins were, in fact, delivered easily from one hand to another, but the point was lost in the other statements."

As you can see, my tradeshow act had a hard-core approach. But anything worth doing, is worth putting some effort into.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2009 entrée: Docc Hilford » » Trade Shows » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.028201 seconds, requiring 14 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [2] [0] [5] [2] [9] [0] [2] [4]