The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » IQ by Promystic / Craig Filicetti (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
809 Posts

Profile of DR STEVE HOSKINS
Mindpunisher;
When I read your Ebook I did like the idea of the Drawing Duplication using IQ or any Thumper, But - the Pychic and his assistant each need to memorize 20 plus possibilities!
My suggestion with the ESP cards works well with the IQ as it requires zero memory work, and for me at least that works better than a m,,,,, deck which are difficult to read without glasses!

Steve
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
2533 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Steven, for your ESP card routine, wouldn't it be much simpler to just go out and get a deck of Beyond ESP 2? They are the most legit looking set of ESP cards available on the market, all the way down to the box design. They are also marked but in such a way that they are pretty much impossible to find the markings unless you know what you are looking for. The bad vision problem also isn't a issue with the Beyond ESP 2 deck since they are not marked the same way as let's say a Ultimate Marked Deck Bicycle deck.

Plus the routine you've described has been fully explained in the Beyond ESP 2 booklet that comes with the deck as well as a version of it on both the Looch SAM book and DVD set. On top of that, there's no fumbling and it's much more streamlined (and direct) in the way you acquire the information since the cards are clearly marked and you sidestep such issues as wrong cues or your confederate confusing the signals, etc.
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
809 Posts

Dookie.
I had a Beyond ESP Deck and did not like it, I still found it hard to see the discreet markings.(incidently for the first 40 years of my life I had A1 eyesight but for last couple of years I need reading glasses)
I don't want to get hung up on this ESP effect, it was just a suggestion thrown in with many other effects that I have suggested for IQ.

The point is the many many things that can be done just by having IQ in your pocket, ESP cards, playing cards, darts, drawing dupes,chinese takeaway menu effect, Andys Watch/ Clock effect etc etc,
- the potential is amazing!

Steve
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
2533 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
So, does the IQ unit also function as a receiver? Would be great if it functioned as a regular ProMystic receiver as well since two people would be able to detect the selected side of a MD cube or know which item is in play in the case of Red H or II.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
5707 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2009-12-06 06:00, DR STEVE HOSKINS wrote:
Mindpunisher;
When I read your Ebook I did like the idea of the Drawing Duplication using IQ or any Thumper, But - the Pychic and his assistant each need to memorize 20 plus possibilities!
My suggestion with the ESP cards works well with the IQ as it requires zero memory work, and for me at least that works better than a m,,,,, deck which are difficult to read without glasses!

Steve

>>>>>Steve with the greates respect sit down and learn the code. It is MUCH easier than you think plus many of the routines require only one buzz and no or very little coding. I have floored audiences with my personal opener. And am giving away as a bonus for the first time. Seriously with moderate cold readin skills this absolutely kills. The actual thumper part of this routine you can learn in two minutes.

"Mentalist returns back into the room after someone leaves a drawing on a board. Mentalist is able to divine personal information about the artists private life and character. eg if they are married single, if the prefer cats to dogs,if they are believers in the psychic or are skeptics, male or female approximate age...Simultaniously he eliminates members of the audience unti the drawing is returned to the rightful artist."

Im serious with the cold reading you can really stirs up a powerful reaction and is a great opener.

The thing about a thumper is it can be used for lots of effects and routines that require no or very little coding. Or it can be used for more involved codes.
But still Much easier and convincing than 2 person verbal codes. However they could be combined.

Its up to you what you want to do with it. But like anything in life if you want to build a professional commercial show that you get paid good money for you have to put a little work into it. Do you want to be ahead of the pack?

http://www.advancedmind.co.uk/7thsensecode.htm

Plus there is a huge amount of material in the complete package to get through.
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
809 Posts

Kissdad;
The IQ is a transmitter, and yes your "new" MD receiver is compatible, so you
SAVE about $100 by adding this to your MD and Prox set up's.

To be honest, dare I say it......... but IMHO IQ is even better than MD,
- and that's saying something!

But I beleive anyone that owns the great Multi Dimensional must must invest a relativly modest amount extra for the mighty IQ, - is an absolute must have addition to your MD!

Steve
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
2533 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
No, I wanted to know if IQ could be used as a receiver. Let me put it this way, let's say my confederate has IQ on his/her person, I obviously will be able to get cues from him/her. Now, if I was do use MD in the same situation, if IQ was also a receiver, then my confederate would know what side is up on MD.
gunthard
View Profile
New user
Germany
80 Posts

Profile of gunthard
IQ is not a receiver.
Gunthard
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
809 Posts

Kiss
Yes if you have your MD receiver on YOU, using your MD cube as normal.
- your assistant has IQ, she can send you your cue to your MD receiver.
saves on your pocket space.

sounds complicated but I hope that makes sense!

Steve
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
2533 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
In other words, no, I can't use it the way I intend to use it. Okie dokie.

Gunthard: Thanks!
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
2533 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
No, I totally understand. IQ is not a receiver. What I had intended was that my confederate would get a read of the MD cube as well but also be able to send me cues for things that will use the IQ function. Basically, it would be great if IQ could serve dual purpose.
gunthard
View Profile
New user
Germany
80 Posts

Profile of gunthard
@Kiss
what you can do is: buy a second receiver and stick to the back of the IQ sender.

Gunthard
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
2533 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Eh, it was pointed out to me that it's probably not a good idea to have a confederate do the mind reading in the first place as it may draw undue heat and direct the audience to think in directions which I may not want them to think in. In conclusion, the IQ is fine the way it is. Ha ha.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
5707 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Change your thinking process. You are making a common mistake of focusing on the equipment. Focus on effects and routines you would like to create. Be creative write them down as if there were no limitations. Then start to hone them and find ways to use the IQ or any piece of equipment to acjieve them by the simplest means possible.

This way your creativity will be focused where it should be on the effects not the equipment...
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
2533 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
I'm not really thinking about the equipment there mindpunisher, I'm just thinking of things to do with a confederate. I have used MD with a confederate so that the confederate has the receiver and is able to read the specs mind, etc. Just was wondering if I could knock down two birds with one stone.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
5707 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Yeah but even that....if youthink about what you want to achieve first then factor in the confederate as part of the solution you might find a really good application that's simpler than you thought. Or find a good reson to signal in the way you talk about to confederate.

All Im saying is don't get tied up in the method...
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
Bad Luck Network
10917 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2009-12-07 17:17, mindpunisher wrote:
Change your thinking process. You are making a common mistake of focusing on the equipment. Focus on effects and routines you would like to create. Be creative write them down as if there were no limitations. Then start to hone them and find ways to use the IQ or any piece of equipment to acjieve them by the simplest means possible.

This way your creativity will be focused where it should be on the effects not the equipment...

Sometimes an idea does not come as readily as one wants it MP. Especially on this side of the pond. Too many distractions over here. There are so many cable TV shows begging to be watched, dirty laundry, Tiger Woods etc.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
2533 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
I don't know how this all turned into me becoming some sort of gadget junky all of a sudden Smile I just thought it would be a nice thing to have the IQ unit do and also allow me to use it for some of the things I currently use by secretly passing my MD receiver to a confederate. Smile Just one of those "Hey, if it already has all the components of the regular receiver, what if it did double duty?" kind of things Smile
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
605 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
I purchased a used IQ system but I didn't receive any instructions on how to program it. I want to turn the vibration off and am not sure which button combo or if I have to hold it in a certain orientation when inserting the battery. Could some kind soul PM me the info?
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2531 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I don't think you can turn it off. It's there so you know what signal was just sent. But maybe I'm wrong?
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"

What is the mental malfunction that some people suffer from that compels them to demand being able to kill the most vulnerable and innocent members of the human race? What kind of society champions the killing of nascent human life rather than demanding that adults behave responsibly?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » IQ by Promystic / Craig Filicetti (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.152364 seconds, requiring 60 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [5] [1] [9] [9] [6] [8] [2] [9]