The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2003 entrée: Ted Lesley » » Bending wine glass » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Ted,
there is no doubt that the Bending Wine Glass effect is not only very strong when presented correctly, but in the right circumstances may come across as spooky as well. Smile

That said, I was just a little curious about the actual history of this particular trick, and your thoughts about the presentation you have come up with for this.
More simply put, what was your inspiration? Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Ted Lesley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Berlin / Germany
421 Posts

Profile of Ted Lesley
Steve:
My inspiration for the glass was Annemann´s "Bending Swizzle Stick" and Lee Earles "Manifestations", which is a description for a Séance spectacle, which my friend Earl did years ago.

I present it usually on banquets in big hotels. The effect on the stage is wonderful, but the "convincers" are the glasses, which bend in the audience. That makes the trick to an absolute sensation, if handled correctly. Smile
Ted Lesley

( The "Victor Borge" of Mentalism )
Ted Lesley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Berlin / Germany
421 Posts

Profile of Ted Lesley
Friends:
My good friend GERARD SENEHI performs his version of the "Bending Wineglass" in all his shows. For him, it became his "signature piece" (Read the outstanding article about him and his work in the April 2003 issue of the "NEW YORK MAGAZINE")!

What made me extremely happy was, that he mentioned my name as the creator of this effect in the afore mentioned article!

THANK YOU ONCE MORE FOR YOUR KINDNESS GERARD!
ESPecially

TED
Smile
Ted Lesley

Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1439 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Ted I do the bending glass effect in my hands. Although it is a little bit different than your presentation -yours is stronger, I know,I do mention your name as the originator of the effect. It is a great effect. Thanks for it. Smile
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
magicman222
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of magicman222
How difficult is this effect? Does it really damage the glass? How long does it take to learn?

This effect is Smile
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
Quote:
On 2003-06-09 16:58, TORA wrote:
Ted I do the bending glass effect in my hands. Although it is a little bit different than your presentation -yours is stronger, I know,I do mention your name as the originator of the effect. It is a great effect. Thanks for it. Smile

I know someone else who also does it in his hands, and he gets a wonderful response. Mr. Lesley, do you think the effect is weakened this way?
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
Ted Lesley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Berlin / Germany
421 Posts

Profile of Ted Lesley
No, the effect is not weakened, if it is performed in the hands, especially, when glasses in the hands of the spectator`s or on the tables bend at the same time. Personally I like the mechanical version, as explained in my book "Paramiracles" much more, but that is a matter of taste.

The readers of my book know, that the trick is dead easy to do!

TED Smile
Ted Lesley

Yaniv Deautsch
View Profile
Special user
Israel
529 Posts

Profile of Yaniv Deautsch
Since Gerard doesn't admit to using tricks in is act i find it hard to believe he actually did give you credit.
Judging from the article it appears the journalist simply did a search on the internet in the same way she did with his floating cigarette effect.
For those intersted you can found the article here http://www.newyorkmetro.com/nymetro/news......dex.html
Ted Lesley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Berlin / Germany
421 Posts

Profile of Ted Lesley
Hi Yaniv:
My good friend Gerard did indeed mention me. The newspaper lady didn`t find that out for herself!

TED Smile
Ted Lesley

Yaniv Deautsch
View Profile
Special user
Israel
529 Posts

Profile of Yaniv Deautsch
Ok.
My Mistake.
Sorry about that.
All the best,

Yaniv
magicxman
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of magicxman
Hi,

Is it dangerous for us to burn the glass to make the gimmick wine glass ?
Ted Lesley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Berlin / Germany
421 Posts

Profile of Ted Lesley
Hello,

If you follow the instructions in my book "Paramiracles", there is NO danger unless you do not take care!

TED
Smile
Ted Lesley

Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1961 Posts

Profile of Lior
Hello Ted
YOur good friend Gerard is also my good friend. Gearad and I just spent 2 hours
in a colombian resturant outside Newark airport and bent almost everything they got there...
I wish all the mentalists out there to be so good as Gerard is.
And he got his fame from reading Ted's book
so please check out what you read and who wrote it.
(There are to many writers that are not doing any shows )

Lior
The Lior Touch
https://1amagic.com/
PEA Dave Lederman Award 2009
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Life Time Achivmeant IUPA 2016
Ted Lesley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Berlin / Germany
421 Posts

Profile of Ted Lesley
Lior:

Thanks for your compliments! Hope we meet again in the not so far future.

Be Well !

TED Smile
Ted Lesley

Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
Gerard used his "bending wine glass" here in Calgary two weeks ago at a press conference for a few of us and he did the glass to the Food and Beverage Manager using their glasses. It not only blew away the reporters BUT the staff atthe hotel and now the manager keeps the glass on her desk as a constant reminder of what took place in her hands. (And yes the hotel is still talking about it all) An extremely powerful effect.

Oh and he did actually say on camera to the reporter that he learned the bending glass from Germany's top mentalist Ted Lesley.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
AB StageCraft
Unique Mentalism and Magic World-wide
Home of FRAGMENTS, the best magazine test in the world.
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
Ted Lesley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Berlin / Germany
421 Posts

Profile of Ted Lesley
Hi Friends,

Within this year I add a new wineglass trick to my repertoire, that will, too, BLOW YOU AWAY1 guaranteed!

Any Questions? Feel free to ask!

TED Smile
Ted Lesley

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2003 entrée: Ted Lesley » » Bending wine glass » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL