The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Recession Prediction System By Bruno Noulet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Thaumaturge
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Thaumaturge
After seeing a few mentions of this around the forums, no one had seemed to have anything to say on this. I contact Mr Noulet and he kindly sent me over a copy to review.

Please bear in mind that this is a review of the product, and another will follow once I have slotted this into my show in a weeks time.

Where from?
http://www.brunonoulet.net/recession_pre......lish.htm

How Much?
€18, that's about $26 or £16.50!

What is it?
In a nut shell, this is a prediction method, a very clean, simple, cheap and show stopping prediction method.
It has a very similar feel to the master prediction system, only at very little cost.

Premise
An envelope has been suspended the whole time on stage during the show. At the end, the mentalist, at finger tips, takes down the envelope, cuts it open, again at finger tips, and pulls out the paper inside using the scissors (or finger tips)...the point is...everything is done at finger tips.
The paper is taken by a spectator and revealed to contain extremely specific information regarding the outcome of the show.

This can be used to predict pretty much anything, and as soon as I started reading this all sorts started to unravel, ie: headline predictions, how much change in multiple pockets etc.

What do you get?
A large bilingual file which contains a 110 page e book with 70 colour photographs, as well as a hefty amount of links and resources and a realtime wmv file showing the performance.

Review.

I'd like to start with the negatives, as this is what seems to be putting people off, and, included me.
The website looks very plain, and there are a lot of grammatical flaws. To send money here left me feeling dubious.

How wrong my assumptions were.

The first thing that struck me was the shear amount included in the file.
The e-book is simple, no frills, and is half half french/english, dotted throughout with colour photos.
There are two main effects in here, one is the main recession prediction system, the second is an alternate handling which I like ALOT, and there are a few other ideas thrown in for good measure...one of which I can see huge scope for.

Next is a wmv video file which is clear, and labeled in both french and english, which shows this great method at work.

Finally there is a file containing art work and useful links for english, french and us residents.

This is a great idea, and this is very workable. The gimmicks can be made in a matter of minutes, and the payoff is huge.

The attention to detail in the additions you receive really surprised me, and for €18, anyone who buys this, will get a lot from this and nothing lost!
The files are numbered and are limited to 500...this is well worth having in your collections, but please, only if you are going to use this. It would be a waste not too!

Product Quality 7/10

Content 10/10

Effect 10/10

Overall 9.5/10

that's all for now, more later once this has been taken for a spin!

Christo
Thaumaturge
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Does it use fingertips at any point - I don't think that's been made totally clear...
I've asked to be banned
Thaumaturge
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Thaumaturge
Finger tips, scissors, tweezers, pliers etc etc. Did I mention finger tips! Smile
Thaumaturge
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
But what about the fingertips ... I was confused on that part. Smile

Seriously .... So the method is a new one then?

I just have this intuition that this is something that is already made but just using different materials that are now available.

For example, I'd hate to pay for a new Bulldog idea using a chip sealer or refrigerator magnet clamp Smile

Know what I mean?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Thaumaturge
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Thaumaturge
Indeed. Its a hard one to answer, because I believe this has never been done before, but the ideas that Mr Noulet has woven together are things already in use. Its hard to say without giving the methodology away, all I can say is that it looks so very very fair and if I'd seen it performed, there really is no back tracking. Sorry for the vagueness.
Thaumaturge
Stefan O.
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Stefan O.
I bought it a couple of days ago and simply love it. I forst looked at the video performance of the "move" before I read the explanation and I was dumbfolded. I had no clue how it was done. The signed envelope is the one that is finally cut open. The whole thing is as clean as it can possibly get.

10/10 in my humble opinion.

Stefan
EXCLUSIVE MENTALISM PRODUCTS - Check out Stefan's original routines!

http://shop.stefanmagie.de
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2009-10-04 11:00, Thaumaturge wrote:
What do you get?
. . . and a realtime wmv file showing the performance.

Is there a link to the realtime video performance?

Thanks.

Smile
P.S. Stefan O, thanks for your thoughts - very encouraging.
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Stefan O.
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Stefan O.
Actually it is not a performance but merely a presentation of the "critical moment" so you know how to move and what to do when. I guess it is not advisible to post this vid publicly. (Not because one might detect the secret but because it simply is not a presentation of the effect.)

Best regards

Stefan

Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Oh! OK. Thanks Stefan for the clarification.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
This sounds intriguing. Is this a one-man method? I have been looking for a viable, more organic, alternative to other prediction ideas. This may be the answer?

Thanks for posting, gents.

With regards,

Sean
Stefan O.
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Stefan O.
Sean,

if you want the same effect as in the expensive versions, an assistant is needed. However, Bruno also adds a one man method which is also quite intriguing.

Stefan

Thaumaturge
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Thaumaturge
He also offers up a cracking idea using electronics, cheaply! Its one I'm seriously chewing the cud on.
Thaumaturge
Stefan O.
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Stefan O.
Quote:
On 2009-10-05 13:40, Thaumaturge wrote:
He also offers up a cracking idea using electronics, cheaply! Its one I'm seriously chewing the cud on.

Me too... imagine having a box in full view all the time. At the end of the show you remove an envelope from the box, open it and tehre is a printed paper inside detailing exactly what has happened during the show. No switches, no funny moves. Nice? ... Nice!

Stefan

Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
Sounds great! Thanks for the info, gentlemen.

With regards,

Sean
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
Sounds very interesting, yes, thanks for the info....just ordered... Smile
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
I just obtained my copy.

I cant access the file from work, so I will read it tonight from home and post a more thorough review.

Thanks

alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
I took the leap as well...

Nathan
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Quote:
On 2009-10-07 20:00, Nathan Pain wrote:
I took the leap as well...

Nathan

and ??

I ask because I found I usually share your pow
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
My review of Recession Prediction System:

What is it?
It is like performing the Master Prediction System but without the Chest!

Premise
An envelope has been suspended the whole time on stage during the show. At the end, the mentalist, at finger tips, takes down the envelope, cuts it open, again at finger tips, and pulls out the paper inside using the scissors (or finger tips)...the point is...everything is done at finger tips.
The paper is taken by a spectator and revealed to contain extremely specific information regarding the outcome of the show.

What do you get?
A large bilingual file which contains a 110 page e book with 70 colour photographs, as well as a hefty amount of links and resources and a realtime wmv file showing the performance.

Review.

The first thing that I noticed that this was a big ebook at 110 pages.
It is very clearly laid out and well it is half french half english.

The gimmicks required can be made, you don't have to be a craftsman, but I know some people might struggle to find the right items and make them, if you aren't artsy per se.
It is a good piece if you want to do like a prediction for the end of your show, or a headline prediction, etc etc.

I don't know if I will use it anytime soon, but the ideas contained inside the ebook are good, and I applaud Bruno for coming up with something that mentalists will be able to use in their shows without having to spend a lot of money!.
Product Quality 8/10

Content 10/10

Effect 9/10

Overall 8/10

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
I just got it today...

I took a quick glance...I need to read it fully but I believe I got a good deal...

I don't really like the side by side translation, but that is a personal issue...

Nathan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Recession Prediction System By Bruno Noulet (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL