The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » A Mac is great, but... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mrbungle
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of mrbungle
I hate getting errors the whole time on files that are supposed to be downloaded with wmv. Any other mac users solved this problem. I can only see about 30 % of the available magic vid's on the web.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.
Grandia Enterprises inc. 1974
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2662 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
When it comes to .wmv files on sites trying to sell you something, I look at it as, "If the video maker wanted a wider audience, he'd use a cross-platform format, such as QuickTime or MPEG."
mjb16
View Profile
Loyal user
Ossining, New York
208 Posts

Profile of mjb16
I have a mac. If you are running osx, then download the Windows Media Player for that operating system.

Click here to download

See if that helps...

Cheers!
mrbungle
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of mrbungle
mjb thanks, but I did that a zillion times, but in some strange way it doesn't recognise the file. But I worked it out with the help of steve.

Thanks guys!
Grandia Enterprises inc. 1974
mack10
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of mack10
I had the same thing... and it depends on the wmv file too. Some work, some don't.
mnmagic
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of mnmagic
I think the big problem is a lot of these are from Media Player 9. They haven't released it for mac yet. I will try Steve's approach. Thanks.

Shawn
CardSharp
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
104 Posts

Profile of CardSharp
I don't know if this is just me but I don't have any problems downloading wmv files but they come up as simple text docs and I have to open them directly through wmp, and they'll stay wmp docs. I'm only using OS 9.2.1 and winows media player 7. Smile Smile
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4512 Posts

Profile of landmark
There's a free mac OSX program called VLC which will play many different kinds of files including wmv files. You can get it at versiontracker.com.
landmark
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"--Abraham Lincoln

You can read my daily blog at Musings, Memories, and Magic
Nando
View Profile
New user
St. Louis, MO
74 Posts

Profile of Nando
When I saw the title for this thread, I said to myself,"Here I go again". I took a deep breath and prepared for yet one more attempt to educate the perversed on the superiority of the Mac. Happily, what I found was a community of like minded people helping eachother out. There's hope for this world yet.
Nando
The opposite of bravery is not cowardice, but conformity.
-Robert Anthony
Scott Ocheltree
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of Scott Ocheltree
Dear Nando,

Ditto! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » A Mac is great, but... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL