The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2003 entrée: Ted Lesley » » Scripting » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lee Marelli
View Profile
Special user
Aurora, Colorado
876 Posts

Profile of Lee Marelli
Do you believe in scripting (patter) each effect in detail and revising the script, as needed after each performance or do you prefer to just outline the script and be more impromptu in your presentation.
"Mentalism is a state of mind." Marelli
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
I know I do. Whenever I am going to do a routine and carefuly plot it out and script it. I would hardly call it a "script" though. It is more of an outline. I think it is important to remember what works and have guidelines for that.

I'd like to here what Mr. Lesley has to say.

Andrew
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
Ted Lesley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Berlin / Germany
421 Posts

Profile of Ted Lesley
Dear Mr. Marelli, dear Andrew:
Never in my life I wrote the patter down for a particular trick. Even not for trade shows. In my brain (Yes, I have one) I "play" the trick over and over again. That can take sometimes more than a year until I finaly try it out in front of an audience. Due to the long process rehearsing it in my head, I can do it with the patter "in the sleep". Sometimes I adjust the patter a little here and there, that´s all.

Any more questions? Feel free to ask!

TED Smile
Ted Lesley

( The "Victor Borge" of Mentalism )
Lee Marelli
View Profile
Special user
Aurora, Colorado
876 Posts

Profile of Lee Marelli
Thanks for your response. I agree that create it today and do it tonight is bad thinking for a mentalist. It does take time to develop and refine a routine.

I wish I had your memory. In my case, when I go back to a routine I have not performed for some time, I am glad I wrote out the script.

Again, thanks and it was a great honor to communicate with you.
"Mentalism is a state of mind." Marelli
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2003 entrée: Ted Lesley » » Scripting » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL