The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Bar Cup (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
This cup has more steel in it than my car. Very well made. It looks so small, but holds so much...
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
stevenamills
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of stevenamills
I can't tell from the pictures I've seen - Is the bottom interior flat?

Thanks!
Roger Nicot
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melksham, England
105 Posts

Profile of Roger Nicot
Hi Steven...

Yes the interior and exterior of the bottom are both flat with a slight edge roll down to the sides, so there is not a sharp corner. The interior is a reverse shape of the exterior. Taking photos of polished stainless steel has been a real challange for both me and Elmwood Magic. If you have any other questions, please ask. Thanks for your interest!

Roger
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Quote:
On 2010-04-10 19:22, Bill Palmer wrote:
These are really good chop cups. They work well, they look nice, and the tennis ball load is perfect. Roger has done a real service to the magic community with these cups.

Can't get a better endorsement than that! That was a very nice thing that your girl did for you. All I got for my birthday was a pair of cargo shorts.
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Rmendez,
Are you still seeing this remarkable lady? We haven't heard from you in awhile, and, I for one am concerned. I'm wondering if:

A. You are still totally in love, and, have just given up on your thread because unlike us, you have better things to do... nudge, nudge, wink, wink.
B. You've dumped her...which, okay, is none of our business. But, still, you gave up one of THE only women in the world who buys her man magic.
C. She dumped you, which well, is hard to understand since you are a magician, and we're all pretty darn lovable, right?
D. She's been following this thread and ran off perspiring and trembling.
E. None of the above.

Please reply. We need to know.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2010-06-10 22:46, Wizard of Oz wrote:

One criticism...the balls are the traditional knitted coverings. These have always been a thing of curiosity, so trying to introduce them into a bar setting may prove to be a push. I like the suggestions made regarding olives. I suppose fake mini-onions could work. Or, even corks. There's got to be something better than the knit balls.

I've been doing the chop cup for 40+ years. I've used Mike Rogers baseballs, crocheted balls, the two-tone felt covered balls that came with a lot of the Magic, Inc. cups, and a number of other odd items as well. I've never had a problem with the spectator wondering about the balls, because I don't give them time to think about it.

If you are really worried about the balls, put a M***** inside a dollar bill, and use that.

Quote:
On 2010-04-12 14:30, Xcath1 wrote:
I saw a routine where a ball was allowed to fall onto the the bottom of the upside-down cup after a false pass and would stick there even if dropped from a distance because of the magnet. It is surprise revealed a moment later. I think this is a nice move and it works with my inexpensive Morrisey cup. It does not work well with this cup which is otherwise beautiful. The bottom is so smooth that the ball has to essentially be placed on the sweet spot to not roll off. Not a big deal obviously if this move does not interest you. It does have a nice feel and weight and I am sure will last forever.

If you adjust things properly, you should be able to work this move.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez

I should have posted this over two years ago but better late than never!
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I just saw this thread for the first time since you updated it Richard. What a nice looking chop cup! I think I may just have to browse on over to Elmwood and get me one of these!

Thanks!

Jim
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez

There is now an ensemble offered by Mark Mason and Roger Nico that includes a slightly modified bar chop cup with a recessed bottom, a cocktail shaker top/lotta lid, a shot glass and a performance DVD that you might want to consider. I just couldn't resist picking this one up as well but I'm sick like that. At least I'm only a fourth as sick as Bill and Francis Smile Those dudes need to be in the cup paddy wagon!
francisngkl
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
509 Posts

Profile of francisngkl
Quote:
On 2012-01-06 11:42, rmendez wrote:

....I just couldn't resist picking this one up as well but I'm sick like that. At least I'm only a fourth as sick as Bill and Francis Smile Those dudes need to be in the cup paddy wagon!

LOL, I share your passion for cups, they are contagious..

Francis
Carpe Diem, Seize The Day!
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Well let me chime in and give this thread some life. Just got mine in and its a complete and utter Beauty. I was never really a Chop or CnB's Guy but this Gem is really turning my head around which is scary. LOVE LOVE it...
Baz5535
View Profile
New user
Chigwell
20 Posts

Profile of Baz5535
Are these still available and if so does anyone know where I can get one? many thanks
Krazyjay
View Profile
Loyal user
One hand typed all
264 Posts

Profile of Krazyjay
About 1 month ago I got one directly from Roger Nicot. He is in this thread. He is the one who makes these awesome cups. Send him an email, he was very responsive.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Bar Cup (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL