The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2003 entrée: Ted Lesley » » Pro-Monition » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
755 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
I really like your take on this routine. However, I have a question on your method of producing the card at the climax of the routine. The method that you outline on the DVD as well as in your book Paramiracles (which by the way is awesome) is a little awkward -- at least for me. I realize that you have a great deal of time in this situation, but is there a little touch or tip that allows you to easily come up with the correct card without a great deal of fumbling. I don't want to be any more specific as I don't want to tip the method.

Thanks in advance and I love your work!
Catch me on Twitter @RobertSixx or Facebook -- Robert Sixx
Ted Lesley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Berlin / Germany
421 Posts

Profile of Ted Lesley
Hi Robert:
My "index" method for "Pro-Monition" has served me well over many years. If the man on stage is counting the cards to find his only thought of one, all attention is on him and you can bring an elephant into the room and the spectators don`t see it "appear", so strong is the misdirection. Remember, you`re in the audience during the man is on stage. You stay in the middle of the spectators and the under half of your body isn`t visible. So your "fumbling" will not be seen.
Using common indexes has problems also: If they´re loaded, they´re very bulky. For this reason I choose the method you know.

In due time I`ll put a new index on the market, which has a lot of advantages and improvements on the old ones. You will see them soon on my webpage:

http://www.wonderworkshop.de

Any questions? Feel free to ask

TED

Smile Smile
Ted Lesley

( The "Victor Borge" of Mentalism )
Yaniv Deautsch
View Profile
Special user
Israel
529 Posts

Profile of Yaniv Deautsch
Premonition is indeed a very strong effect.
In fact,other then one phone effect and one card [witout cards] routine this is the only card effect in my personal repertoire.
It is that strong.
Most magicians seems to think that the counting part is boring.
Talk about being wrong!
The counting of the cards like dealing the cards in OOTW is where the magic lies.
You can feel the tension building up slowly as the participant start to realise that something strange is going on.
In my own handling of this routine,inspired by Ted's and Barrie Richardson's i use only one deck and i give it to the spectator even before he/she gets to think of any card.
The spectator is doing the counting while holding the cards of course.
I'm mentioning this,not to brag or to portray myself as a miracle worker,but as an example-i'm sure many will enjoy thinking about and considering- of how things can always be pushed one step further.
BTW,i don't bring out the card in the end as i find it too predictable to my taste.
I also don't label this as 'magic' or 'mentalism'.
Some people will think that it doesn't matter which card the spectator is thinking of since,apparently,i can make any card i wish to vanish from the deck.
Other people will believe that i took the card out of the deck before the performance and somehow 'hypnotise' the spectator.

Yaniv Deautsch
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2003 entrée: Ted Lesley » » Pro-Monition » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL