The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPealing or APPalling? » » IForce by Greg Rostami (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2010-01-01 03:21, ArtofDeception wrote:
I just used it at a party and used it to tell girls I knew what color underwear they were wearing=D they actually really enjoyed it and got a good laugh at it. I have so many ideas for this already.
LOVE it!

OMG. xD

I just used the number from 1 to 4, and then followed up with 1 to 10 with the springboard method on my dad. He's seen me do a lot of card tricks, but this time he just looked kind of blankly and said that I was sure taking my mind reading to the next level. Smile
rockthemike
View Profile
Special user
Seattle
695 Posts

Profile of rockthemike
Anyone else have cool routines they'd like to share?
Michael Wong
Wizard
http://michaelwong.says.so
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Here's my idea:

It's vaguely based on my trick Scribbles of Destiny, which also uses a Doodle Application on an iPhone/iPod Touch. Scribbles of Destiny was published in the January 2010 issue of Genii Magazine.

Make all of the presets the same "prediction." However, in this presentation, they presets won't act as a prediction, but rather the outcome to a magical effect.

Open Doodle and get to your preset. I like to do this by pretending to write something secret on the device, but then quickly realizing that this can be done out in the open. Let's say my preset is a playing card, such as the Queen of Diamonds. I would force the card (or whatever the preset might be) on the spectator. Openly make random scribbles and marks on the device, in a manner similar to Richard Sanders' Identity.

Then, you are going to raise the device, and let it fall. On the third time, you openly bring the device parallel to the ground, which will secretly access the presets. Then, just like before, let the device fall. It will look as if the random marks and scribbles morphed into the selected card.

I refer to letting the device fall. Here, I am using a leather flip case and holding it on the top. This way, and can drop the half with the device in it, and keep a grasp on the top flap.

I know this sounds very confusing; however, I include a performance of this on my iForce contest submission. It's the first thing I perform in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WooFXCjD7XM

Thanks,
Jeff
dr z
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of dr z
Am I right??? this only works with iphone and ipod touch???
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Quote:
On 2010-01-04 20:27, dr z wrote:
Am I right??? this only works with iphone and ipod touch???

Yes, this can only be done with an iPhone or iPod Touch.
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2010-01-04 06:57, rockthemike wrote:
Anyone else have cool routines they'd like to share?

Sure no problem!

I've been pondering this one, and it just hit me, you can use it for a 100% hit rate 37 force; WITHOUT needing to say different digits.

Another idea for numbers is this: I'm going to write a number between 1 and 10 on this, and I want you to guess it when I am done. That way you don't have to ask a number you should already "know"
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Magic Freak 2 --

For the 37 force without requiring different digits -- how would that work? There are TEN possibilities for two-digit odd numbers from 1 to 50, and ten is too many.

If you specify different digits, though, it reduces the possibilities to eight, which works fine.

Can you clarify your thinking on this? Thanks.

Cheers,
Jerry
Peter David Harrison
View Profile
New user
Scotland, UK
52 Posts

Profile of Peter David Harrison
Top stuff Greg and everyone else involved.

Quote:
On 2010-01-11 14:32, jerdunn wrote:
Magic Freak 2 --

For the 37 force without requiring different digits -- how would that work? There are TEN possibilities for two-digit odd numbers from 1 to 50, and ten is too many.

If you specify different digits, though, it reduces the possibilities to eight, which works fine.

Can you clarify your thinking on this? Thanks.

Cheers,
Jerry

Remember that there are different ways to perform iForce. One allows up to 8 choices, one up to 10. The instructions explain how to do it, but you can send a PM if you like.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Maybe it's just me, but I thought all three methods only allow for eight possibilities. I skimmed over the instructions and found nothing about 10.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
There are only 8 possibilities . . . but more are coming!!

Greg Rostami
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
Quote:
On 2010-01-01 03:21, ArtofDeception wrote:
I just used it at a party and used it to tell girls I knew what color underwear they were wearing=D they actually really enjoyed it and got a good laugh at it. I have so many ideas for this already.
LOVE it!

The next natural progression in this would be to use the arrow drawing where you can "control" the mind of your most favourite girl. I suppose you could tell them that it works because you're just so darned sensitive. Good luck with it!

jeff
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
That sounds interesting! This is clearly the best app going.

jeff
James Crosbie
View Profile
New user
London
33 Posts

Profile of James Crosbie
Just got the app today - maybe a little behind the rest?!... Still, a great app Greg! Have already started practicing it today, and thinking up lots of cheeky ideas.
Any idea when we'll have a working version with more than 8 possibilities? (yes, I'm admittedly an impatient person)..

Cheers,
James
Stefmagic
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Stefmagic
At 0.99$, it's a steal!
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4698 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
12 (or even 16) options would open up a whole new world of possibilities!
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2010-01-23 20:21, James Crosbie wrote:
Just got the app today - maybe a little behind the rest?!... Still, a great app Greg! Have already started practicing it today, and thinking up lots of cheeky ideas.
Any idea when we'll have a working version with more than 8 possibilities? (yes, I'm admittedly an impatient person)..

Cheers,
James

You can double it, just have them make two choice. E.g. Odd or even.. and you predict it right both times.

16 would be nice though, with the fake springboard only!
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Add my name to the list of the great impressed! What a steal! I'm using mine in conjunction with an eight out Koran style deck. The beauty there is that there only needs to be three of each force card interspersed with 'x' cards and four 'starters.' All the time I've performed it - I've spread the deck FACE UP and merely asked the spec to 'separate' the deck at any point. You know the rest. Thank you Greg!
natswift
View Profile
Regular user
Colorado
177 Posts

Profile of natswift
I haven't been on the Café for quite awhile; but had to put my two cents in...
This app is great! I carry my I-Pod Touch with me every day so this works perfect for me.
The app itself was very well thought out and with a little performance added to it; the perfect trick for the digital age!!

PS: I just downloaded rising card; I really like it too(because I'm a card lover) but IForce is way more versatile!
Never forget to dream!

Nathan Smith
nateswift2010@gmail.com
STM70
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of STM70
I know it has been said, but I will say it again. iForce is amazing. There are so many great ways to perform effects with this app. What I love about it is that the phone is not doing the magic, it's just a means of writing a prediction. The magician/mentalist is the one doing the mind reading. I also love how you can customize different presets. Greg this is a fantastic app. Well done, Sir.

Sean M.

P.S. I also can't wait for more than 8 outs. It will expand the possibilities.
avenger
View Profile
New user
China
34 Posts

Profile of avenger
This app is great!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPealing or APPalling? » » IForce by Greg Rostami (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL