The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Bad Magic Photos (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Quote:
On 2009-11-11 22:12, tacrowl wrote:
I don't play games with my career or image. I have reported the unauthorized use to eBlogger/Google.

Did you contact him first about removing the photos?

If you did, and he refused, he's a jerk.
If you didn't then you might be...

Ben
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Quote:
On 2009-11-12 02:12, Ben Train wrote:

Wow Ben, thanks for the slam.

I didn't ask to be put on his blog - he took the pics without permission. That is theft. So who exactly is the jerk? I reported the abuse to his hosting company, then e-mailed the guy to let him know. He didn't give me the courtesy of first contact - I returned the favor.
Tom Crowl - Comedy Ventriloquist

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

Cardstuntman
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of Cardstuntman
Ben is less than honest, he swore he didn't know the rat. If you read the rats other blog you see that Ben is a liar. After over three thousand Ben posts... few have talked more and said less.
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
I really don't care how Ben or Scott try to get attention. They should be aware of the consequences.

The fact is, the blogger messed up. He thought he was having fun by insulting others. What he didn't plan on is someone who understands the issue having dealt with copyright theft before. I don't NEED to ask Scott to remove the pics. He put them there without permission. His hosting company will do it for me. If they get enough complaints, Scott may lose his accounts.

I could care less what happens to them. I am simply protecting my rights.

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

sclitsome
View Profile
New user
Jamaica's Alright
47 Posts

Profile of sclitsome
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I was just shown the post over at the genii forums (of which I am not a member) Someone who doesn't like me has posed as me (and even misspelled my name) and claimed that I was the originator of the blog in question. very mature boys. you could have at least not written it so poorly (selling my spongeball DVD and then mocking people who do spongeballs in the same sentence..nice)

Anyway, it doesn't look good that I was the first one to post this link. if I had of known it would be held against me I would have let you guys find it yourself. so much for sharing something I thought others might enoys as I did.

I got a ton of threats and hate-mail. can you guys please stop e-mailing me?
I didn't post that, and I doubt the creator of the blog ould be that stupid anyways. why not just come out and say it on the blog itself? exactly, because whoever it is doesn't want credit or else they would have come out by now
Cardstuntman
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of Cardstuntman
If that is the case then I apologize to you and Ben.
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1673 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
You are nobody .. until you're on that site. I have to be on there somewhere.

Steve
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
I will respond to several of the things in turn.

First:
Quote:
On 2009-11-12 09:58, Cardstuntman wrote:
Ben is less than honest, he swore he didn't know the rat. If you read the rats other blog you see that Ben is a liar. After over three thousand Ben posts... few have talked more and said less.

Cardstuntman.

I never said I didn't know the site's creator- I said I don't know who runs the site. That's very different. It may turn out that yes, I do know the individual, but I have no way of knowing at this point because I DO NOT KNOW WHO RUNS THE SITE!

I cannot be more clear about this- Scott sent me the link, I thought it was funny. I didn't ask for any more info. I have no problem with you insinuating that the information and advice I've tried to share on the Café is worthless (though of course I'm saddened to hear it) but I've tried to be as honest as I could regarding this subject.

Later in this thread you apologized to me and I accept. No harm done.

Second:
Quote:
On 2009-11-12 07:19, tacrowl wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-11-12 02:12, Ben Train wrote:

Wow Ben, thanks for the slam.

I didn't ask to be put on his blog - he took the pics without permission. That is theft. So who exactly is the jerk? I reported the abuse to his hosting company, then e-mailed the guy to let him know. He didn't give me the courtesy of first contact - I returned the favor.

Please note I didn't say you were a jerk, I said you MIGHT be. That again is an important distinction.

The reason I posted my comment was that someone posted your photo without permission and as such you were certainly within your right to contact him and ask him to take it down. If he didn't he would have been a jerk and you could have contacted the authorities. But, instead of you contacting him you went straight to the authorities. This is the equivalent to a grown man running to his mommy. I understand this is your image, and your livlyhood, and I understand you desire to protect it. But I think, whether you'll admit it or not, that if you think about it the proper move would have been to contact him first and not anyone else.

I'm afraid this is my last post on this topic. I posted, as you can see, because I thought people would enjoy it. If you don't, and you don't want your photo on the site, please contact the person running the site and ask him to take it down. I cannot imagine he wouldn't.

All the best,
Ben Train

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Quote:
On 2009-11-12 18:26, Ben Train wrote:
But, instead of you contacting him you went straight to the authorities. This is the equivalent to a grown man running to his mommy. I understand this is your image, and your livlyhood, and I understand you desire to protect it. But I think, whether you'll admit it or not, that if you think about it the proper move would have been to contact him first and not anyone else.

Again Ben, he never contacted me - I owe him no courtesy. If the blogger wants to play in the real world, he better learn how it works.

For the record, my pics were removed. I plan on keeping tabs on the site. If I find my copyrighted materials used again, next time I'll go further than just contacting the hosting company.
Tom

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
You should spend your time getting better photos, instead of spreading anger.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On 2009-11-11 22:12, tacrowl wrote:
If you sent in a pic to have this guy post it, then you deserve whatever he says.

Umm ... well, he said my photo wasn't a bad photo and that he envy's me. I'm disappointed - because like Chezaday said, if your not on that site your a nobody. I thought I was giving him a lot to work with, with my blue hair and everything. Maybe I should dig up another pic for him? Smile

You really need thick skin to be in this business ... people say bad things about celebrities everyday, think how Paris Hilton must feel - and people have used her photos for far worst and said things a thousand times more derogatory about her.

I honestly think you should reconsider your career choice Tacrowl. Just a suggestion. No matter how good you are, not everybody is going to love you, and you are not dealing with that very well.

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Ben, you need to get a drop kick... Scott, you need to get bigger spongeballs...
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Quote:
On 2009-11-12 20:01, JoeJoe wrote:
I honestly think you should reconsider your career choice Tacrowl. Just a suggestion. No matter how good you are, not everybody is going to love you, and you are not dealing with that very well.

Thanks for the advice JoeJoe. I've been a full time pro, earning my living as an entertainer for over 25 years. How about you?

You totally missed the point. There was no "critique" of my pics. They were used to make beastiality jokes and sexual references. They were used without my permission. I took action. Funny, I think I dealt with it fairly well.

Its over now - I'm done here.

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2205 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
LOL that site is hilarious!

You can get mad at him for stealing your photos, or saying some not so nice things, but you can't dispute the fact that he makes a good point! If your photo is on that site, its because it sucks! Plain and simple.

Ask him to remove it, then reevaluate your "image". Then when you realize his ideas have some merit to them, spend some money on a professional photographer and get some real head shots made. In this business its not just a good idea, its a necessity!

Last year, just by chance, I got booked to do a small movie role. The produce picked me out because of ...tada..MY HEADSHOT!... Do you think your headshot would land you a movie role? hmmm doubt it. Since then I have worked on 4 tv series and an upcoming movie with Katherine Heigle and Josh Duhamel.

Take it from me...I know what this business is like. Looks sell.

Don't believe me? go to my site and find a bad picture

http://www.chadsanborn.com
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
I LOVE this site and am shocked that none of my previous photos (or current ones) made it on there. I think that no matter how good a photo is, there is always something about it that can be picked apart.

I look at this almost like a roast. A mean spirited punch in the junk, but in the end, we're all family...right?

I would take it as an honor to be hosed on here. I know that many of my old shots would qualify. I may submit a few just for kicks...

If you can't laugh at yourself then who can you laugh at....?

Christopher
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On 2009-11-12 21:06, tacrowl wrote:
Thanks for the advice JoeJoe. I've been a full time pro, earning my living as an entertainer for over 25 years. How about you?

I think most people here know my credits, you can check my website to learn more about me and my magic. Watch some of my YouTube videos while your there.

-JoeJoe
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On 2009-11-12 21:53, Christopher Lyle wrote:
I look at this almost like a roast. A mean spirited punch in the junk, but in the end, we're all family...right?

Yeah, that is exactly what I was hoping he would do with my picture ... roast me! Smile

-JoeJoe
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Quote:
On 2009-11-12 18:26, Ben Train wrote:
I'm afraid this is my last post on this topic.

Ok, now I'm a liar. Smile

I just attended at wonderful talk about the nature of fear, and at one point the discussion turned to one of anger.

I returned home and realized that while this site was intended (I'm sure) to be something mostly good spirited (the comparison to a roast was most apt) it obviously hurt certain people.

I think magic is supposed to be fun and enjoyable- even if you do it as a profession. Why? Because I think LIFE is supposed to be fun and enjoyable! So, I shouldn't have been poking the proverbial hornets nest on here.

Several of the more angry people and I have spoken in pms and we've all apologized to each other and made up.

Enjoy the site. If you don't, don't go there. If you feel something crosses the line or uses materials of yours without permission- contact the webmaster and ask for it to be removed.

With love,
Ben "drop-kicked" Train

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I wish I had seen this earlier, I have a ton of bad pics of me, some I am sad to say I have used. I wish I could blame it on "well at that time it was hip" but alas no. I am glad I have learned to laugh at myself though. This site made me go back through old pics and sort of make fun of them myself! I may try to load them up for him LOL.

I do see a difference in sending them and him taking them. I can see taking exception to them being taken.

I would have sent mine in if for no other reason than I would have liked to see the comments! I do think that with permission this sort of site can be fun.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2096 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Quote:
On 2009-11-06 10:48, Ben Train wrote:
I am on there!

http://badmagicphotos.blogspot.com/2009/......his.html

I LOVE the site and after laughing hard at some of the captions I asked one of my friends to send in a photo of me. What can I say- always happy to support a worthwhile project!

Ben

HAHAHA! Yeah SURE you did. Nice cover up. The site is pretty funny overall. Nonetheless, we all take bad pics starting out anyway. That is why we should go get portraits done by a professional. Even those can turn out bad if you are careless. Some of those older guys should know better though. They look like idiots in some of those photos. That is probably just the little kid in them that never grew up. Also I don't automatically agree that this guy sets the standard as to what is a good magic photo, and seems that many are just agreeing with him on anything he says. If he says it is a good photo people vote accordingly, bad photo the same. Kind of like a bunch of puppets on his strings. That is more sad than some of the photos. But there are indeed a lot of bad ones in my opinion.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Bad Magic Photos (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL