The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPealing or APPalling? » » Google App By Alan Rorrison (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
http://www.alanrorrison.com/indegapp1926367.html

Welcome to the crazy world of Iphone magic. The iphone has loads of Apps designed to do magic in the app store but I stumbled across one problem. None of them really seemed organic. As soon as you performed one of these effects with the phone everyone screams " its an app!!! very clever but its an app". The Google app is my attempt to combat this which I think I have done well. Here is what happens.

You ask the spectator to name any card that they like. No force is involved and it truly is a completly free choice. You then hand them your phone which has the google search engine on the screen ready for the magic to happen. you ask them to type " what is my card?" or somthing similar into Google and hit the "Google search" button.
Now watch as there face drops. Google has not only told them what card they freely thought off but it has also brought up a full page full of search results linked to the card. They can even go into the Images section and be greeted with pages of image results showing the card. If they think its just a cleaver app the can do any standard search the like as they are on the real Google!

Key points:

ANY card can be selected. There is no force what so ever
They ask google " what is my card?" so you are hands off!
Can be repeated instantly with any other card
Super simple UI makes it easy to use
The effect uses Google. Something everyone is familiar with
It is in your pocket and ready to go at all times.
They are left on the REAL GOOGLE with no idea how this could be possible.

check it out, at £2 its a steal
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Sounds incredible Alan. Gonna have to add this to my imagic collection.

Downloaded, tried and tested. I like this. You do require an internet connection to perform this but that's no problem, really.
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Alan,will this work with Ipod touch.Thanks.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
As long as you have a Wifi conection it will work with the iPod Touch perfectly. The effect uses google so you do need a net connection, 3g or wifi and even edge work perfectly
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
The Google app is just awesome. It combines state of the art App Technology with an easy to use interface to create an awesome hard hitting effect. Alan's worked his behind of on this and it really shows in the sheer quality of it. Googape is just freaky deakey cool! Good apping work Alan!

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Why thank you jamie . This is a similar
trick on pc but the method simply crippled the I phone and the performer had
to input the question. Thankfully I have it working better than ever and I put the
control in the spectators hands. Ps thank you for the
great feed back do far folks

alan
theboywonder
View Profile
Loyal user
Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
228 Posts

Profile of theboywonder
Thanks for this app, Alan! I've already blown away a couple of people since I read this post this afternoon! I find that if you immediately click on the field to input your query, the screen moves so that you cannot see the URL at the top anymore (in case you are worried that someone may see what is there). Then away you go!
It would really be quite tragic
if the world had to do without magic!
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Have a peek in the instructions squire. I explain that lol but be carefully
that's boardering on exposure!
theboywonder
View Profile
Loyal user
Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
228 Posts

Profile of theboywonder
Sorry, Alan! Didn't mean to expose anything by my ignorance! ;-) Thanks again for an awesome app. Any more on the horizon?
It would really be quite tragic
if the world had to do without magic!
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Two more are in the the works so far mate. One
is nearly for and the other just started . Go to http://www.alanrorrison.com and follow me on Twitter and facebook from there and you'll get updates mate

alan
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Well well Alan,

You little techno wizard! I didn't know you had it in you!!!

Best,

Ben
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Cheers Ben. I do try my best. A new app should be up by friday but I am a little busy at the moment... But check out http://www.alanrorrison.com for details
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Alan,I purchased this from your site last night,what happens now?do you email it to me??
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
You are redirected automaticly through checkout. If you closed your browser early, please emial me your transaction id and ill fix you up mate
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
I just purchased this. I've seen this before and I thought it was very clever. I really like it.

One thing I did was name the Application "Hearts." This way, because of the icon, it seems as if it's a card game, instead of a magic app.

The only thing I do not like is that when I open the application it does not automatically start at the beginning screen, and I will have to wait a few seconds for the page to reload.

I really hope my IP Address does not differ between my PC and iPod Touch, because if it does it will think I'm a pirate. Uh-oh...
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
The ip system did flag you mate but I noticed the name so your ok. Theload time is explained in the instructions but I do love the hearts game idea...

very good thinking young man
waso
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of waso
Does it work in a different language than english?
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Just now it's only English. More languges will be in the update
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
With reference to the Forum Title this I would say is very APPealing!

Great fun Alan!

Ben
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Thanks for this, Alan! I've added Google App to my iPhone and iPod Amazement post.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPealing or APPalling? » » Google App By Alan Rorrison (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL