The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Bottle Thru Table (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Rob
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Rob
I really want to learn a handling for performing the Bottle Thru Table with a wine bottle and while standing up. I have the Neilsen gimmicks but does anyone know of any routines in print or on video?

Thanks!
mikejorden
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of mikejorden
Tony Clark has a "Bottle through Table" video standing up, as well as a "Bottle through Body" video.
m@t
View Profile
Loyal user
London, UK www.MatthewLaskey.com
250 Posts

Profile of m@t
For a great performance of Bottle Thru just watch '50 Greatest Magic Tricks' when they next repeat it on TV. Fay Presto does a great performance on it.

M@t
wassabi_87
View Profile
Loyal user
moscow, idaho
226 Posts

Profile of wassabi_87
Does anyone know of a place to buy the gimmick, along with a book?
bike during the day,
do magic at night,
and very early the next morning,
homework.
Pete Biro
View Profile
V.I.P.
18481 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Harvey Nerzof
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Harvey Nerzof
HN Review 96: Bottle Thru Table – Norm Nielsen / Tony Clark

AD:

Just imagine wrapping a piece of paper around any size brown, green or clear bottle and magically penetrate it through a solid table!
The audience actually sees the top of the bottle sticking out of the paper as it is going through the table. You will receive 3 quality gimmicks manufactured by Norm Nielsen Magic with instructions by Johnny Thompson as well as Tony Clark's instructions which allow you to perform it standing up! Anytime, anywhere! A very powerful effect.

REVIEW:

A note of warning: make sure that the version you purchase includes the video! They are often sold separately (Nielsen manufactured the gimmicks, while Clark produced the video a few years later).

The gimmicks are exactly what you think they are, and come in 3 different colors (for water, wine and beer bottles). The video is very short but provides a clean misdirection, along the Slydini’s line of thought.

In real-life performances, a jacket would be advisable to obtain/get rid of the gimmick.

OVERALL RATING: acceptable

H.
Chris Thibault
View Profile
Elite user
Massachusetts
469 Posts

Profile of Chris Thibault
I learned it from the Tony Clark video. Great routine. He also shows the bottle through table on there as well.
-Chris
paulajayne
View Profile
Inner circle
London England
1156 Posts

Profile of paulajayne
Hi,

Toppit is best for gimmick, though a bottle production first and then use that bottle means you only have to carry one gimmick.

Paula
Paula Jay - Magic to Remember -
---------------------------------
I once wrote a book on elephants, I think paper would have been better.
----
qenny
View Profile
New user
Scotland - New Zealand - London
57 Posts

Profile of qenny
I think I have just learned why I don't use the gimmicks much. When I bought them, which must have been ten years ago, I was only able to buy the gimmicks. There was no mention of a video. Sounds like I'll have to get the credit card out and go hunting.

On the rare occasions when I do press the gimmicks into service, I stick to beer bottles. I can't see me getting away with a wine bottle.

BTW, m@t, I completely agree - Fay Presto does it very well!
Qenny
Sleightly Twisted
ScottRSullivan
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of ScottRSullivan
Interesting story. Years ago, I was working at a Renn Faire and heard a guy tell me a story of friend who did magic. Said the guy was weird. Didn't do 'card tricks.' In fact, didn't do much at all, but he did remember one magical moment.

He said he remembered the friend taking someone's beer bottle, placing it on the table and it visibly melted through the table, leaving only a ring of condensation on the tabletop. Needless to say, I thought, either he remembered the effect (classic salt shaker effect) wrong or was making up the whole thing (or was intoxicated that night).

Later I found out about the NN bottles. I picked them up (no video or book, just a little flyer). I think not having a video was the best thing for me. It made me figure out a way on my own to make it look as magical as possible, including the visible melting and the ring of condensation on the table.

I would rate this as one of the top five tricks ever. I always have the props, but hardly ever do it. I feel out of every trick this one deserves that "special moment" more than any other. You build it up, wait until an hour before the end of the night and then do it for a few dozen people. The rest of the night they're raving about it to the rest of the crowd (and host).

Warm regards,

Scott
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
indonesia
1943 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Tony Clark bottle thru body is very good. You can do the penetration with body or table. The cd instructional is clear. Rec.
Creator of the "High Voltage Gimmick" and Shaman's spirit table
https://youtu.be/Rlgl4CzUa98

IG: @affordable_illusions_magic
Frozen Toast
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Frozen Toast
Saw Fay Presto do this last week in a London Restaurant - She does it standing up, truly amazing !! Just had a look on the Nielson site as recommended above but the video demonstation on the site is aweful - so obvious how its done it kinda spoils it. Should scrap the vid from the site or get Fay to do it !!
Pete Biro
View Profile
V.I.P.
18481 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I don't the the video demo is AWFUL... it could be better, but it shows all you need to know that you have a great effect.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
HatTrix
View Profile
Regular user
USA
108 Posts

Profile of HatTrix
I believe Paul Green has a good bottle through table routine. I use to do it but the handling was a little tricky to pick up for me usually people can figure it out.

I forgot to mention it that if you like doing tricks like bottle through table. I would recommend Jay Sankeys coin through table trick in his revolutionary coin magic DVD.
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
Tony Clark does have a great routine. Also Johnny Thompson has a coin in bottle thru table routine in "Polished Polish Prestidigitation" that is outstanding.
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1119 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
HatTrix,

To set the record straight, I don't have a bottle thru table in my performing repertoire.

Regards,

Paul (Tony Clark & Johnny Thompson do) Green
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13072 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Where is the tony clark routine published?
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Joe Stone
View Profile
New user
Wood Green, London, UK
61 Posts

Profile of Joe Stone
Quote:
On 2005-07-27 04:25, Frozen Toast wrote:

Saw Fay Presto do this last week in a London Restaurant - She does it standing up, truly amazing !!

This is on her website if anyone is interested (along with a couple of other tricks in the demo video) http://www.faypresto.com
juliusmagic
View Profile
New user
Jacksonville
25 Posts

Profile of juliusmagic
And she uses no gimmicks.
MichaelDouglas
View Profile
Special user
Richmond, Virginia
763 Posts

Profile of MichaelDouglas
Etienne Pradier teaches the bottle through table on his DVD set:
http://www.amazon.com/Etienne-Pradier-DVD-Set/dp/B002EL1OUS
I have it but haven't focused on learning that one.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Bottle Thru Table (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL