The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Top Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads of 2009 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
hbwolkov
View Profile
Inner circle
2925 Posts

Profile of hbwolkov
What would you consider the Best Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads of 2009 ?
Northern California
M. H. Goodman
View Profile
Regular user
Dublin, Republic of Ireland
169 Posts

Profile of M. H. Goodman
I really enjoyed Triptych by Alexander Marsh. Some great mentalist thinking in those 'e-pages'. I believe that it was actually released at the end of 2008, so it is not strictly a 2009 ebook. However, it was an ebook from within the last year, so I hope that still counts.
Coinucopia available now at http://coinucopia.blogspot.com.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
4798 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
The availability of Magigram. Thank you Todd Karr!

Vlad
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4745 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Tom Stone's "Prey of the Prestidigitator." In fact, check out any and all by Mr. Stone...
http://shop.tomstone.se
Paradise
View Profile
Veteran user
sheffieldEngland
373 Posts

Profile of Paradise
Got to be the Nail writer anthology for me
Chris
View Profile
Special user
lybrary.com
855 Posts

Profile of Chris
Quote:
On 2009-11-15 20:33, Vlad_77 wrote:

Vlad

Well, you should thank first and foremost Martin Breese, and then you can thank me a little bit for offering a download version. Nothing against Todd but he has nothing to do with Magigram.
Lybrary.com preserving magic one book at a time.
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
Paris - London
1486 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Hey, the year is not over yet... Smile
Ben Batov
Dompa
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
251 Posts

Profile of Dompa
Three of my best ebooks this year:

Rob Domenechs "Eureka Moment"
M. H. Goodmans "Harbingers"
Paul Brooks "One in the hand"
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1157 Posts

Profile of r1z08
Dompa,

Wow! Thanks! Means a lot to me. Really it does. Gives me the kind of motivation one needs to write another book. Smile

-rob
M. H. Goodman
View Profile
Regular user
Dublin, Republic of Ireland
169 Posts

Profile of M. H. Goodman
Many thanks Dom. It means a lot to me too.
Coinucopia available now at http://coinucopia.blogspot.com.
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2362 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
How could I list all the greatest downloads of this year?

MagiCIAn. Scott Guinn's material. Osterlind's Mind Mysteries Guidebook #5. Tony Eye's Evil Eye. Bob Cassidy's several releases. Stuart Cumberland's Forbidden Wisdom. Orville Meyer's remarkable works suddenly becoming available in download form. The Jinx - maybe THIS is the greatest download of 2009 - in the best, and completely searchable PDF for only $15...for only $15, the BEST that has ever been published in mentalism and card magic. Didn't Mick Ayers release something this year? (I can't keep up with his swift releases.) Popular Card Tricks by Walter Gibson (the missing pages of the Jinx, and a great publication in its own right) being available in PDF for the first time. Sam the Bellhop available for download in a multimedia tutorial.

We live in a surplus of great material. Yes, there's a lot of drek, but never before has so much richly good material been available. Make use of it.

*jeep!
--Grandpa
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf
cpbartak
View Profile
Special user
Mooresville, NC
947 Posts

Profile of cpbartak
Man, choosing is tough this year. E-books released this year that I found real value in include: The Nail Writer Anthology - Tom Baxter, The Extractor - Jeff Travilla, Electronics for Magicians - Jon Thompson, One in the Hand - Paul Brook, & The Eureka Moment - Rob Domenesch. I don't know if I could choose one from the lot as they all focused on very different things.
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
pearljamjeff
View Profile
Inner circle
I live inside your computer.
1242 Posts

Profile of pearljamjeff
I honestly don't know if my name should be included among those other great thinkers, CP. But thanks very much. I hope you're still having fun with it!
Jeff Travilla - Author of "The Extractor." I work in advertising and marketing now. If you are a professional worker and need marketing help, feel free to contact my company. JCM Media Group.
Chris
View Profile
Special user
lybrary.com
855 Posts

Profile of Chris
It is a hard choice. And I am biased offering on average one new magic download every day - yes, at the Lybrary we have one new product every day. But in terms of quality, innovation, and uniquness I have to choose "Ask Roberto Giobbi" as my personal 'best' magic ebook this year.

http://www.lybrary.com/roberto-giobbi-p-11669.html

The fact that the ebook is growing with every new question asked is something completely new. And if you know Roberto you know that his answers are wonderfully educational, lessons that will last a lifetime. It is a unique format, an ebook that will continue to grow and provide value and new contents to its readers.
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2058 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Somebody, vote for me, before I do it myself....Smile
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1157 Posts

Profile of r1z08
Cpbartak,

Thank you!

-rob
Stuart Cumberland
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Stuart Cumberland
Thanks for the mention, Chet. Much appreciated.
Stuart Cumberland
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
4798 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2009-11-16 04:40, Chris wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-11-15 20:33, Vlad_77 wrote:

Vlad

Well, you should thank first and foremost Martin Breese, and then you can thank me a little bit for offering a download version. Nothing against Todd but he has nothing to do with Magigram.

Chris,
My bad of course, especially since I ordered Magigram from you! Chalk it up to one too many Guinnesses Smile

Best,
Joe
Mick Ayres
View Profile
Special user
Hilton Head Island
989 Posts

Profile of Mick Ayres
Thanks for bringing my name up, Chet, but I haven't released anything this year.

However, I am currently writing Book Four in the Act-series. You know...in all that spare time I have. Smile

Mick Ayres
The 5 Obligations of Conjuring: STUDY. PRACTICE. SCRIPT. REHEARSE. PERFORM.
Visit Mick Ayres' Wares! Click here
hbwolkov
View Profile
Inner circle
2925 Posts

Profile of hbwolkov
Chris,
I had no idea that the Lybrary had such a prodigious output. Based on your recommendation I have to order "Ask Roberto Giobbi".
Northern California
Alexander Marsh
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1183 Posts

Profile of Alexander Marsh
Quote:
On 2009-11-15 18:50, M. H. Goodman wrote:
I really enjoyed Triptych by Alexander Marsh. Some great mentalist thinking in those 'e-pages'. I believe that it was actually released at the end of 2008, so it is not strictly a 2009 ebook. However, it was an ebook from within the last year, so I hope that still counts.

Thank you, it means a lot to me Smile
John C
View Profile
Inner circle
The AMAZING and COMMERCIAL Chair Test
7694 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2009-11-18 07:10, Rupert Bair wrote:
Somebody, vote for me, before I do it myself....Smile

vote for me and I'll then vote for you!

You first.

j
The ULTIMATE Routine Series:
www.professionalmagicroutines.com
25PERCENTOFF coupon until october 1, 2014
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
2362 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Quote:
On 2009-11-18 12:29, Stuart Cumberland wrote:
Thanks for the mention, Chet. Much appreciated.

If mentalists and psychic entertainers only knew how much Annemann-like STUFF Forbidden Wisdom gives us every month, they'd be beating your door down.

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
2362 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Quote:
On 2009-11-18 16:40, Mick Ayres wrote:
Thanks for bringing my name up, Chet, but I haven't released anything this year.

However, I am currently writing Book Four in the Act-series. You know...in all that spare time I have. Smile

Mick Ayres

I guess I'm re-reading your previous stuff or something. Or I've amnesia'd out.

Spare time? Who said you were allowed spare time?

*jeep!
--Sleepy Grandpa
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf
Chris
View Profile
Special user
lybrary.com
855 Posts

Profile of Chris
Quote:
On 2009-11-18 18:12, hbwolkov wrote:
Chris,
I had no idea that the Lybrary had such a prodigious output. Based on your recommendation I have to order "Ask Roberto Giobbi".

I guarantee you will not be disappointed by the "Ask Roberto" ebook. More than 100 pages (and growing) filled with the thoughts of an accomplished and universally recognized master.

And the output at the Lybrary is to a good part the result that more than 100 of the best living magic authors have chosen Lybrary.com as their preferred publisher or retailer. We also do publish a good number of our own ebooks and we do work together with other publishers to digitize their backlist. I am currently working my way through hundreds of Supreme publications. Stay tuned for many wonderful ebooks to be released in the coming months.
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2058 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
I vote for John Cesta's Ultimate books - They are that good I don't even have to read them - but I know the man is a genius.
John C
View Profile
Inner circle
7694 Posts

Profile of John C
An often overlooked creator IMHO is Rupert Bair. I LOVE his stuff. His work is the type of thing you would expect from someone named .... LEONARDO!

I am at Panera Bread and if Rupert was here with me I would be shining his shoes!!

Great stuff!!

J
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2058 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
I can only back John Cesta's thoughts with the hundred percent dedication my loyal fans have come to expect. John shines shoes better than Maven/Brown/Canasta/Banchek/Osterlind/Nyman/Corinda put together. I would say he shines exceptionally in his field.
John C
View Profile
Inner circle
7694 Posts

Profile of John C
Yes, I would admit I am very "polished" Thanks Rupert.

j
muse
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
898 Posts

Profile of muse
Quote:
On 2009-11-17 17:41, mormonyoyoman wrote:
How could I list all the greatest downloads of this year?

The Jinx - maybe THIS is the greatest download of 2009 - in the best, and completely searchable PDF for only $15...for only $15, the BEST that has ever been published in mentalism and card magic.

Yes, lybrary's version of 'The Jinx' is the best of the year (so far) for me, quite amazing value for money.

I also enjoyed John Bannon's 'Open & Notorious', and the continuing 'Switchcraft' saga always deserves a mention.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Top Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads of 2009 (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.211736 seconds, requiring 114 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [5] [0] [0] [4] [7] [9] [3] [3]