We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Looking for source of a card trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
702 Posts

Profile of magico
I am looking for the name and location of the following effect. I read or saw it somewhere but can not remember where.

Card is selected and returned to the deck. The cards are dealt into six equal piles in a row. A invisible die is use. The die is rolled until five piles are eliminated. The final packet is taken and six cards are dealt out. The die is thrown again to determine a card from the remaining six. The last card happens to be the selected card.
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
702 Posts

Profile of magico
Found my answer.
captainsmiffy
View Profile
Special user
UK, resident UAE
543 Posts

Profile of captainsmiffy
Do tell the rest of us....I for one am now intrigued....!
Have you tried 'Up The Ante' yet?? The ultimate gambling demo....a self-working wonder! See the reviews here on the cafe.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... two of me is one too much ..
2488 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Original with France's Claude Rix you find all to the theme in "Die of Destiny" in "Marc DeSouza's Deceptions" pages 113 ff. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3313 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Blimey Jan - is there anything that you don't know?!! ;-)
Wenger MUST go!
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... two of me is one too much ..
2488 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Roger, yes, but I got a huge library and know where to look things up... Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
702 Posts

Profile of magico
Die of Destiny is correct.

I remembered it was a blank die and not a invisible one. Jim Sisti and Marc marketed this years ago. I had lost the die and just started having the person roll a invisible one.

In my search, I found this as well.

The Creative Magic of Pavel - DVD #4

THE ULTIMATE LAST CARD - A card is selected and returned to the deck. The cards are dealt face-down into six equal piles in a row. A regular die is cast at random. The pile corresponding to the number thrown on the die is kept; the other five piles are eliminated. The die is thrown once more to determine a card from the remaining six. The last card happens to be the selected card!
asgar
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of asgar
Seems like a great trick.lot of other ideas can be developed from it.
Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that, you can make anything happen.
tstark
View Profile
Loyal user
Arizona
228 Posts

Profile of tstark
The plot dates back 50+ years ago to Jack Hughes Final Card. The only addition is the die and six piles instead of 4, but it is the same plot. Abbotts sold a prop version called the Final Card, I believe. It was a Color Wheel with 4 clips and 4 "piles" of cards under the clips.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Looking for source of a card trick (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.049572 seconds, requiring 36 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [3] [1] [5] [5] [7] [2] [2] [9]