We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Extreme Burn 2.0 by Richard Sanders (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Quote:
On 2010-03-07 00:52, theboywonder wrote:
Here in Canada, they are thinking of making future bills using plastic (like Australia). Ahh! EB 3.0 Richard? Extreme Burn 3.0: Plastic Money?

Where did you hear that?
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
egoli
View Profile
Loyal user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
206 Posts

Profile of egoli
acer
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of acer
I appreciate on the dvd the workshop on paper and magazine clips. It gives precious advice on the setup of the gimmick in this context.
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Quote:
On 2010-03-07 14:43, egoli wrote:
It was announced in the Federal budget this week:

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/Internationa......7804558/

http://www.thestar.com/business/article/......to-forge

Wow! I was speaking to my wife, and told her about it. To my surprise she already knew about the government going with plastc money here in Canada. I really need to talk with her more. (lol) She's been to Australia a few times and explained to me what their money is like, so I'm not too worried about the plastic money keeping me from performing EB.
liampower
View Profile
Regular user
australia
180 Posts

Profile of liampower
Quote:
On 2010-03-07 19:23, Gospel Dan wrote:
Quote:

Wow! I was speaking to my wife, and told her about it. To my surprise she already knew about the government going with plastc money here in Canada. I really need to talk with her more. (lol) She's been to Australia a few times and explained to me what their money is like, so I'm not too worried about the plastic money keeping me from performing EB.

I would be a bit worried, it is a lot more difficult. Not impossible by anymeans but a lot harder. so much so that ive never seen an australian magician perform EB. I performed it for a little bit but in the end it got too anoying. I just went back to a normal billswitch.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1289 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
We'd still be able to perform blank pieces of paper/magazine clippings/blank cheques into cheques. Maybe even use my idea I had with Hand Out 500 and change Canadian Tire money. There's always a solution. I sure won't be dropping EB just because I can't use my money with it anymore. It's just too visual and impressive.
Original magic PDF's for sale:
www.pgmagicproductions.synthasite.com
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4540 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Well, there's an idea for a thread - effects with plastic bills. I suspect one day most of the World's currencies will be plastic (if not the dreaded credit card!)
Good job I'm a pirate, I can use "old" money without arousing suspicion!!
Potty Smile
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
It looks like right now it's just the $10's and $20's, so changing $5's to $50's will still be okay.

I also hear the Lonnies and Toonies are going to have a dramatic change to them as well. I was close to buying a ROY KUEPPERS Jumbo Canadian Loonie, but I will be holding off on that now.
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2098 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
Hey Potty. Do you use the 8 Reale coins?
Saw some molds for them down in the Keys and wondered at the possibilities.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
1792 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Even when Canada changes to plastic money, I assume American currency is common enough that you could use it instead, or am I incorrect?

Regards, Steve
"Impossible? Your audience will think so..." ™

Thought Association Card
Triangulation
Word Search Detective
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
American money is not common enough in Canada. It could be used I suppose. I use half Kennedy's for my coin routines, and don't get questioned a lot about why I use them. I don't think anyone would suspect American money being gimmicked, and would probally work.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1289 Posts

I guess using American currency can actually have its benefits:

1- You explain that from time to time, when you're short on money, you exchange your Canadian currency for American bills.

2- Why? Because American bills are made of a different paper with special properties. Perform your routine. You then explain that once you've transformed them, you exchange them back for Canadian bills and you've made a nice profit.

3- It would allow you to use all of the changes from the dvd's

4- It would give you an out when someone asks you to change their bills (you can't because it only works with American bills).

You could even say you were just in the States a couple days ago and you still have some American bills you haven't exchanged yet because you're going back there soon. Then go into how lucky they are to catch you with American money on you because you can show them something very special about American bills because of the special paper they are made with. Perform your routine.

Another reason for using American bills would be to mention that you make even more money doing it with American bills since their dollar is higher.

Take out some pieces of paper as you talk about how you're going to the States in a couple days and that you haven't gotten the time to go exchange your money yet. You could also mention that you don't trust them with exchanging your bills and so you like to take care of it yourself. Perform your routine.

All in all, it might be better to use American bills. Many ways to justify having them and using them. I would still prefer being able to use Canadian bills though.
Rafael The Master Hypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
South East Asia
461 Posts

Profile of Rafael The Master Hypnotist
Anyone who one this, could you give me a comparison over "Hand Out 500" please?

All I need to know, can "Extreme Burn 2.0" be immediatly hand out like "Hand Out" ?
The BIGEST Room in the world is the Room for Improvement
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1289 Posts

Yes you can change the bills and immediately hand them out, exactly as in Hand Out 500. The advantage of handing out the bills with Hand Out 500 is that the gimmick is smaller therefore your angles are better.
Rafael The Master Hypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
South East Asia
461 Posts

Profile of Rafael The Master Hypnotist
Quote:
On 2010-03-08 21:35, PatrickGregoire wrote:
Yes you can change the bills and immediately hand them out, exactly as in Hand Out 500. The advantage of handing out the bills with Hand Out 500 is that the gimmick is smaller therefore your angles are better.

Thanks Patrick
The BIGEST Room in the world is the Room for Improvement
Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
View Profile
1988 - 2013
The Big Brother is watching you
1095 Posts

Profile of Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
Quote:
On 2010-02-21 12:22, MickeyPainless wrote:
What is "plastic" currency?

Mickey, if you read the start of the thread, Australia now has plastic currency. Canada may be switching too. Supposedly it makes extreme burn much more difficult.

I bought extreme burn 2.0 from magic pro shop. WooO! Finally

I've been wanting extreme burn since before christmas last year. Heard good things about it, and I've even had people ask me "Can you turn my $1 into $100's?", now I can! Haha. So I bought 2.0. So you have to build the gimmick right, yet it comes with it? Is it hard to build? Going to do some digging here..hope it isn't too difficult
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1289 Posts

It comes with a gimmick, and you have to build the other gimmick. There are two gimmicks in EB. It`s easy to construct the gimmick.
View Profile
1988 - 2013
1095 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-03-12 11:15, PatrickGregoire wrote:
It comes with a gimmick, and you have to build the other gimmick. There are two gimmicks in EB. It`s easy to construct the gimmick.

Great! Sounds good. I have a few tricks where the gimmick takes forever to build, or you have to be extremely accurate. I've heard with the gimmick here you have to take your time to build it nice, otherwise spectators can see it. Is this true? Extreme Burn 2.0 shipped out today. I chose free shipping.
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
1792 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Strange Tasting Fish Sticks,

You do need to take your time building the gimmick and you do need to be accurate. However, it really isn't that difficult to make (nor does it take too long). Just take your time and follow the instructions on the DVD... you'll be fine.

Regards, Steve
"Impossible? Your audience will think so..." ™

Thought Association Card
Triangulation
Word Search Detective
View Profile
1988 - 2013
1095 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-03-12 21:20, yachanin wrote:
Hi Strange Tasting Fish Sticks,

You do need to take your time building the gimmick and you do need to be accurate. However, it really isn't that difficult to make (nor does it take too long). Just take your time and follow the instructions on the DVD... you'll be fine.

Regards, Steve

Great, I can't wait! Thanks! There's too many tricks I have where making the gimmick is a pain, I never do some of them.
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
It's not hard to build the gimmick, but the more time and care you put into it will result in a better outcome. Putting the gimmick together with accuracy is important. The more accurate, the better the gimmick. It's well worth it.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14448 Posts

Profile of Review King
The gimmick is dead easy to build.

I think this is the definitive take on Pat page's effect. The Underground change looks like real magic. Your wrist just makes a motion and the bills change. I don't see any other effect out there that does it as well as Richard's Extreme Burn 2.0.

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2333 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2010-03-13 13:02, Review King wrote:
The Underground change looks like real magic. Your wrist just makes a motion and the bills change. I don't see any other effect out there that does it as well as Richard's Extreme Burn 2.0.

The Underground Change is also found in his original version. For those of you that don't know. The Underground handling makes for a great multiple bill change!
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1812 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Kept up on the thread and feel 1.0 is just as good as 2.0 don't get work up about this and stick with what you have.
View Profile
1988 - 2013
1095 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-03-14 01:42, Douglas Lippert wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-03-13 13:02, Review King wrote:
The Underground change looks like real magic. Your wrist just makes a motion and the bills change. I don't see any other effect out there that does it as well as Richard's Extreme Burn 2.0.

The Underground Change is also found in his original version. For those of you that don't know. The Underground handling makes for a great multiple bill change!

I should be receiving it soon, hopefully. Can't wait. Great to hear the gimmick is easy to build. There's no bank near me, such as my bank company, I was thinking I could go to safeway or walmart and ask if they have some crisp bills. I'm assuming its best to use crisp new bills? Most likely I would get 4 $1's, and 4 5$s. How many bills are you supposed to use in EB? 4 or 5?

Thanks again
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2098 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
Either is OK. 5 is a bit more impressive.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1206 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
For those of you who are worried about building the gimmick---I did it. And please trust me when I tell you if I can do it so can you. I have searched high and low for someone who is, shall we say, more "gimmick building challenged" than me. As of this writing I have found noone. So I hope this helps.

Good magic to all,

Eric
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
652 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Quote:
On 2010-03-07 23:18, liampower wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-03-07 19:23, Gospel Dan wrote:
Quote:

I would be a bit worried, it is a lot more difficult. Not impossible by anymeans but a lot harder. so much so that ive never seen an australian magician perform EB. I performed it for a little bit but in the end it got too anoying. I just went back to a normal billswitch.

I gave up on it.It's a bit problematic with our currency.
Slow Burn works really well with Aussie currency,though.
This is in my wallet ready to go at all times.The wallet also keeps the notes flat.
View Profile
1988 - 2013
1095 Posts

I just got this DVD today and watched the entire dvds in one sitting. I have to say, it is a lot to asborb but richard sanders out did himself again, brilliant, everything is covered and this is a spectactular DVD.
View Profile
1988 - 2013
1095 Posts

Great, having problems with the gimmick. Looks easy to do on video but this is a mess. Looks like I'm short one bill even though I have a total of 6 $5's and 5 $1's. The gimmick looks horrible despite me putting it together as accurate as possible. I can't even seem to build it correctly, and it is obviously shoddy. This is a nightmare. I guess I'll just stick with pontas vanish, I didn't think it would be this difficult. Seems I'm going to have to scrape the bills pretty hard, just for this to work. Sigh
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Extreme Burn 2.0 by Richard Sanders (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.294959 seconds, requiring 106 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [3] [6] [4] [9] [0] [3] [2] [4]