The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Extreme Burn 2.0 by Richard Sanders (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..15~16~17 [Next]
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Make a few with blank paper until you get it right. It will be worth it.

Chrtis
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
View Profile
1988 - 2013
The Big Brother is watching you
1095 Posts

Profile of Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
Ok. I went to 3 banks looking for new crisp bills. The first bank I went to had brand new $5's. None of them had new ones. So walmart happened to have some new ones and I got those.

I attempted to assemble the gimmick again. This time I was very meticulous, and tried to do everything perfect. After about an hour, I noticed the gimmick looked very obvious. The last bill did not look like one bill, from the folds you could see it looked like several. It was very obvious. I guess I didn't do a good enough job. I'll attempt it again, but this is a real pain. I don't know what I did wrong.
View Profile
1988 - 2013
1095 Posts

I tried to assemble it again. Seems better this time, except there's another problem. With the other bills inside it does not look like 1 bill, I think because of the lip created. Is there a way to minimize this?

Thanks
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Quote:
On 2010-03-17 00:12, Strange Tasting Fish Sticks wrote:
I tried to assemble it again. Seems better this time, except there's another problem. With the other bills inside it does not look like 1 bill, I think because of the lip created. Is there a way to minimize this?

Thanks

I think if you take your question to the "Secret Sessions" you might get a better detailed explanation. Don't you think?
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
cpcheng
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of cpcheng
Quote:
On 2010-03-17 00:12, Strange Tasting Fish Sticks wrote:

Thanks

You don't really have to. There's never a time that it should, even before the handouts were invented.

You just need patience and practice with construction. I'm a horrible gimmick maker, but I still managed to pull it off somehow. It just takes practice.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
I really can`t see how someone could have a problem constructing this, simply because everything is aligned. There is no estimation or anything like that. It`s literally lign up the bills and stick them together. I`m not saying this to insult anyone, I`m just really, really puzzled as to how you can construct this incorrectly.
theboywonder
View Profile
Loyal user
Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
228 Posts

Profile of theboywonder
I guess the items don't ALWAYS line up perfectly. I'm in the process of changing 5 U.S. $1 into 5 Canadian $5 bills. I didn't realize until I started doing this that U.S. dollars aren't as tall as the Canadian versions, but they are longer, so I spent an hour the other night just trimming all of them ever so slightly so that they now should line up perfectly (I haven't finished making the gimmick yet). I'll let you know how it goes!
It would really be quite tragic
if the world had to do without magic!
View Profile
1988 - 2013
1095 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-03-17 14:54, PatrickGregoire wrote:
I really can`t see how someone could have a problem constructing this, simply because everything is aligned. There is no estimation or anything like that. It`s literally lign up the bills and stick them together. I`m not saying this to insult anyone, I`m just really, really puzzled as to how you can construct this incorrectly.

I aligned it up perfectly and it still won't work. I don't know.
cpcheng
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of cpcheng
Well, aside from the issue I addressed, what else seems to be the problem?
View Profile
1988 - 2013
1095 Posts

It seems I built the gimmick correctly, it was just the nature of the effect itself using the gimmick I thought would look obvious. It works fine now
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
This DVD is one of the best in terms of teaching , there is nothing left out, it is simple to follow, very clear and he goes over in such detail, without boredom, the only problem with this DVD is, there are too many good options, this is simply one of the best effects I have ever purchased, this will get used, a lot.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Dave,

I one hundred percent agree with you my friend!

Good magic to all,

Eric
fritzcm
View Profile
New user
Montreal, Canada
18 Posts

Profile of fritzcm
Hi everyone,

I just bought the Extreme Burn 2.0 upgrade package from Richard Sander's website this morning. And later this afternoon I received mail that they have shipped my package. It's been an awesome EB 1 now I'm excited to see the new EB 2.0 gimmick.

By the way, I have a concern (a bit off-topic) but this usually happens when I do EB, how do you handle the "Can I see the money?" audience? Or the "Can you use my own money" audience?
Br//Fritz
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Quote:
On 2010-05-24 14:07, fritzcm wrote:
Hi everyone,

I just bought the Extreme Burn 2.0 upgrade package from Richard Sander's website this morning. And later this afternoon I received mail that they have shipped my package. It's been an awesome EB 1 now I'm excited to see the new EB 2.0 gimmick.

By the way, I have a concern (a bit off-topic) but this usually happens when I do EB, how do you handle the "Can I see the money?" audience? Or the "Can you use my own money" audience?

1. Yes, hand them a couple of the bills. (Besides with 2.0 you can hand out all of them anyway)
2. Yes, I charge $100 for each bill I have to change.
bobbyk
View Profile
Special user
Florida
683 Posts

Profile of bobbyk
The idea of how to hand out the bills made the price of 2.0 upgrade well worth it to me. I do it a bit differently but use Richards basic ideas to hand out the bills. Now I hand them out or at least put them on the table for anyone to pick up should they want to....nothing to see. For me it's perfect.

I like EB as much as I do "Fraud"....it's a tie for my favorite folding money effect!

Thanks Richard!

Have a nice weekend all.....

Bk
fritzcm
View Profile
New user
Montreal, Canada
18 Posts

Profile of fritzcm
I just got my EB 2.0 upgrade package here in Budapest, Hungary. It only took a week to ship. Richard was fast in getting it to me. He even replied to my inquiry if they received my payment.

Mario,
True. Now in 2.0 you can hand it out. This is gonna be fun. And the charging bit, that is a cool idea. And it worked, they stopped suggesting their own money. hehe!

Bobby,
I agree. The hand out part is worth the price.
Br//Fritz
goonerjack
View Profile
New user
England
37 Posts

Profile of goonerjack
Hey

How many gimmicks come with the DVD? Or is it the type of gimmick that, when you know what it is, can be made fairly easily?

Just wondering as it'd be nice to be able to have a couple of different changes, or be able to practice making.

Cheers,
Jack
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Can I take apart my old EB1 gimmick, or must I start over and create a brand new one with EB2?
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
You could pretty much take apart the EB1 gimmick and replace it with the EB2 gimmick! I would start from scratch though assuming the bills you use look super old like mine do! Been using mine for over a year and haven't replaced it yet!
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Thanks, Lou!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Extreme Burn 2.0 by Richard Sanders (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..15~16~17 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL