The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Extreme Burn 2.0 by Richard Sanders (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
Mal3
View Profile
New user
UK
79 Posts

Profile of Mal3
Quote:
On 2011-09-03 06:35, J-Mac wrote:
I know the feeling, Mal3! I have some DVDs by Richard that I still haven't watched completely yet!

Jim

The great thing about them IMO is that, the effects are learned pretty quickly and then the rest of the DVD is like a huge reference library that can be returned to in order to fine tune the effect, as well as offering multiple handlings etc.
Mal3
View Profile
New user
UK
79 Posts

Profile of Mal3
For anyone interested I have found Argentinian pesos work extremely well with US currency. They provide a great Colorado change.
Mal3
View Profile
New user
UK
79 Posts

Profile of Mal3
Oops I meant color change (pesky spell checker). Although that does sound like a sleight lol.
davidandstuff
View Profile
New user
Springfield, Mo
69 Posts

Profile of davidandstuff
This is a great effect and 2.0 really polishes this to perfection IMO. My issue is that it seems like it is not complete as an effect. What I mean is that people get emotionally involved in the money and then, just as soon as the trick starts, it is over. This is not a knock against the effect itself at all. The effect does what it claims to do. My question is this: what do you do to pad this effect? What would you add before or after it to make it more of a bill routine and not just a WHAM-BAM money change thing?
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6496 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Magic Mike from Gainesville has a BRILLIANT presentation for this that is a bit more of a routine. It's still fast but there's a bit more to it.

I'll see if I can get him to spill the beans about it. He may want to keep it for himself, though.
cosmicsecret
View Profile
Special user
Germany - Mannheim
504 Posts

Profile of cosmicsecret
Adding a interessting story or patter.
I used EB while paying in stores.Changing blank money into real cash "I hide my money so that my girlfriend doesn't spend it,oh I guess I need to uncloak it -taddaaa"
They always double check the money if its real when they take it. Hehe.
Calvin826
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Well, here's what I do. Paper to money...
Ya know, we're (USA) not doing to well these days, economy-wise. In fact, the other day there was a financial expert on TV who pointed out that many investments these days - stocks, bonds, etc. are not worth the PAPER they are printed on. This really upset me... not because I've invested a lot in stocks and bonds, but paper... (display blank sheets). Of course, these aren't made of regular paper, in fact, the guy who sold them to me said that this is actually the paper they use to print money... these particular papers are worth... (follow through with count, transform to bills).

That's how I do it, and it works pretty well. Hope it makes sense.
saysold1
View Profile
Inner circle
Recovering Cafe addict with only
6921 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I don't leave home without it - do it all the time - 1's to 20's.
davidandstuff
View Profile
New user
Springfield, Mo
69 Posts

Profile of davidandstuff
Thanks Calvin. That sounds like a gripping performance. People most certainly get emotionally involved in finances and money. I would be interested to hear Magic Mike's presentation of the effect, Cameron. What I am ultimately getting at here is not mere patter but what tricks do you fine gentlemen think would go well with this effect to keep money in play and move on from the effect so it does not just end with a few quick changes. The changes are amazing, that is a fact, but what could be done after the change(s) to keep the momentum so there is not such an abrupt end? I am weary of some performers approaching this effect, and many others, as a "look what I can do...WHAM (money change)" and then it is all over sort of effect. This can seem as if the only point of the effect is to "MELT the brain of those watching." and then move onto the next victim/spectator. That method of performing can come off as mildly, or obviously, narcissistic and hard for some sectors to appreciate. Again, I am not saying there is ANY problem with this effect or Richard Sanders. I am just trying to hone what can be done with this incredible change and deepen my knowledge of performing.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
3988 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2011-09-17 02:10, saysold1 wrote:
I don't leave home without it - do it all the time - 1's to 20's.

In these hard economic times in the US, I might switch to 20's to 1's instead! Smile

Jim
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
1509 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Cameron Francis wrote:

Quote:
Magic Mike from Gainesville has a BRILLIANT presentation for this that is a bit more of a routine. It's still fast but there's a bit more to it.

I'll see if I can get him to spill the beans about it. He may want to keep it for himself, though.

Wow, Thank You Cameron.

For you I will spill the beans:

Make the gimmick as per instructions except one set of bills is ordinary One's and the other set is One's that look like they have been burned. They each have two or three holes burned through them about the size of a quarter and black burn marks all over them. (Leave the edges alone though)

One of the bills will have a fake hole because it contains the solid part of the gimmick (you know what I mean if you have extreme burn). You just burn a hole in the bill but glue a piece of another bill under it to hide the gimmick. It still looks like there is a hole in one bill sitting on top of another bill.

I created the holes by using a hole punch to make the initial hole and then using a lighter to burn the hole larger and just put it out with my fingers when it got to the right size (Use a damp cloth if you are concerned about getting burned. I didn't get burned in the least but I'm comfortable with fire).

Now load the gimmick into your fire wallet. I use one from Tora that I actually use as my everyday wallet. It looks perfectly normal inside and hold credit cards etc.

The Routine:

I read in the paper that there have been a lot of pick pockets in the area lately. Well I'm ready for them. I rigged up my wallet so that if anyone opens it they are in for a surprise (FLAMES).

(Reaching into wallet, removing burned bills) - The only problem is...it isn't very good for my money. Look all the bills are burned on both sides 1,2,3,4,5. (showing burned bills) If I want to spend the money I have to use a little hypnosis. I just say "Look at these new bills, I just got them from the bank," 1,2,3,4,5 (Showing new looking bills).

In order to re-set the trick I usually do a little joke at this point about wanting to have money to burn as I turn them back. It's not my favorite joke but I really need an excuse to reset.

One great thing about this routine is that the set up costs considerably less than most extreme burn routines. I'd be surprised if no one ever thought of this since the trick is called Extreme Burn but I haven't seen any one do it and no one I've showed it to has.

When the chagne occurs it looks really amazing because unlike all the other routines the bills don't change into different bills, they "Heal" visually.

One problem that I mentioned to Cameron is that people are SO impressed with fire that it takes some effort to get them to pay attention to the actual routine. Sometimes right in the middle of these amazing changes someone says "Do that fire thing again". This is becoming less of a problem now that I realize it and put a little more energy into my presentation to let them know something even more amazing is about to happen.

If any one goes to the trouble of making this up please email me and let me know about it. Also I would be happy to answer any more questions about how I made my gimmicks. I'd love to see someone else's burned bills and compare.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1206 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Mike that is to date the most interesting routine I have ever heard using EB. Thank you so much for the tip. BTW I would add to the patter "The only problem with hypnosis is it only lasts a short while" while the bills are changed back.

Thank you again Mike.

Good magic to all,

Eric
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
1509 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Thanks for the compliment and line Eric. Would love to hear other tweaks to my routine.

One more important tip that I learned too late. When you make up the burned bills be sure that the burn holes don't line up. If they line up, the jagged edges catch as you try to count them. I had to redo two of the bills with the holes in different spots and then put them every other bill so that they counted smoothly.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
tgold65
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of tgold65
Mike, that is a very creative and magical routine. Clearly a few minutes of bang, bang, bang, right between the eyes, hard hitting magic. Very, very nice. That is the kind of opener that says, hey, this guy is a real magician so sit back and enjoy and don't bother trying to figure this out because this is pure magical entertainment.

I have never seen you perform this, but just reading it is impressive. I can easily visualize the effect in my head.

Nice job!

Todd
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Special user
Southeastern United States
990 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Like it Mike!
I had an idea years ago that used all ones,but it was simply showing the bills with counterfeit stamped largeand bold on"all"the bills under the guise of avoiding theft and then the stamponthe bills would vanish and the end,i would "activate" the counterfeit bills againg and thus re setting.

Yours having burnt holes in the bills rules out theories of special ink,even though funny ink is not used,as well as the nice restortation aspect.

Thanks for sharing,
Steve
Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler.
Albert Einstein
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6496 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I think the combo of the fire wallet and the burnt bills is great. Even if you don't use a fire wallet, you could certainly find a way to justify the burnt bills.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
1509 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Cameron is right. You could just use a joke like "I've been spending money like it's burning a hole in my pocket".

Another idea would be to just make tattered bills that look like they were burried in the ground for a long time.

Someone asked me to post pictures of my bills. I'll see what I can do.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
davidandstuff
View Profile
New user
Springfield, Mo
69 Posts

Profile of davidandstuff
Mike,

This is a great idea and I am very grateful that you shared this. I like the idea of "healing" the bills combined with hypnosis. I am begging to think of methods that could end the routine with the burn bills being handed out for inspection. Although I do not think it is essential for any reason, it would be a crazy thing for a spectator to inspect something and question "what I hypnotized? were the bills actually changed? or both?!"
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
1509 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Richard Sanders shows several methods on his Extreme Burn 2.0 video to hand out the bills. As a restaurant performer this slows the routine down tremendously. I do hold one or two burned bills out and let people put their fingers through the holes which seems to satisfy them.

I'm thinking of making another set up with burned ones and regular twenties. I would do the routine as described above and then put the burned bills momentarily back in the wallet, then as a last minute thought pull them out again (really the new set) and say something like "Sometimes I think, as long as I'm using hypnosis why not REALLY change the bills - Have you seen the new Twenty's? aren't they beautiful?" (Change to Twenties). "Of course I would NEVER do that, wink wink (Changing them back)

Steve, your idea of writing COUNTERFEIT on one set of bills is a good one. I think I saw Doc Eason do something similar but he used yellow stickers. I could be remembering wrong.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1776 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Quote:
On 2011-09-28 16:20, MeetMagicMike wrote:
I'm thinking of making another set up with burned ones and regular twenties. I would do the routine as described above and then put the burned bills momentarily back in the wallet, then as a last minute thought pull them out again (really the new set) and say something like "Sometimes I think, as long as I'm using hypnosis why not REALLY change the bills - Have you seen the new Twenty's? aren't they beautiful?" (Change to Twenties). "Of course I would NEVER do that, wink wink (Changing them back)

Hi Mike,
I have spent the day playing around with just turning the burned ones into hundreds. I'm not sure it would sell, but I'm thinking of showing the fire, then showing the burned bills and commenting on the issues I have with a wallet that burns them from time to time.

I would then talk about restoring the bills, but since it requires magic anyway, why not restore them as hundreds?

I'm not sure this would go over well, but if I decide it will, I will only need to burn a couple of holes in one half of the vital component. (I already burned holes in some ones to try this out.)

I appreciate your sharing this idea. I know my working would cost more, but I already have it set up. I'm just not sure it would impress more than restoring the ones.

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague

When the Docs give your wife 18 months to live and it has been 12 years, that is a miracle!
cosmicsecret
View Profile
Special user
Germany - Mannheim
504 Posts

Profile of cosmicsecret
Magic Mike!
that's just great!
I used to change paper to money because i´m from germany and our Euro bills are not perfect for EB.
But with your presentation,instead of changing the money into a higher domination make the bills heal themself would
work great!Because I can use the same domination which will work without any problems with the EB method.
Now I just need to get a new fire wallet again (sold my last one years ago because was not very reliable while igniting the wallet)
Don´t you mind if I use your presentation? Smile
Greetings from germany!
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
1509 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Cosmic secret,

Anyone is welcome to use this idea and routine. I would get a real kick out of it if people would PM me and let me know how it is working for them.

I've had a few people tell me I should market this but I don't see how I could. It really needs a flash bill change like Richard Sanders Extreme Burn. It wouldn't be as effective if you used Pat Page's Easy Money (which I believe is the origin of all this).

Maybe I'll get a few other ideas togethor and put out a booklet with a few pictures and more detail but honestly I'm sure you guys can come up with even better looking burned bills than mine.

It would be cool if Richard Sanders heard about this and pulled all the remaining copies of Extreme Burn and added this as a new chapter. (yeah, right).
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
3988 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
This is an excellent routine for Extreme Burn, Mike! And amazingly generous of you to share it here. I appreciate the post and thank you very much for it!

Jim
*double-A-magic*
View Profile
Loyal user
Cheshire, England, UK
248 Posts

Profile of *double-A-magic*
Quote:
On 2011-09-28 20:01, cosmicsecret wrote:
Magic Mike!
that's just great!
I used to change paper to money because i´m from germany and our Euro bills are not perfect for EB.
But with your presentation,instead of changing the money into a higher domination make the bills heal themself would
work great!Because I can use the same domination which will work without any problems with the EB method.
Now I just need to get a new fire wallet again (sold my last one years ago because was not very reliable while igniting the wallet)
Don´t you mind if I use your presentation? Smile
Greetings from germany!

Hi,

I too have EB 2.0 and live in the UK where bills are different sizes. I love Magic Mike's routine (Congratulations on a fantastic idea and many thanks for sharing!!). My only concern is our lowest denomination is £5 so I'd have to set fire and put holes in £25 cash and that's providing I get them all right first time. I'll probably end up doing it but it just doesn't feel right Smile I know peeps in the US change $1 to $100 commiting over $500 to the trick but this could be dismantled and spent if needed. Suppose £25 is a small price to pay for such a good effect...I better do it when the Mrs is at work or she pass out if she saw me burning money haha!

AA
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice."
<BR>
<BR>- Joseph Dunninger -
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
1509 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
In the US you can always take your cash to the bank a get a new one as long as there is at least half a bill and they can read a serial number. At least that is my understanding. I took a couple of bills back that I had experimented on and was all ready with an explanation but they didn't bat an eye and changed them for undamaged bills.

So check your local laws and you might want to avoid burning away the serial numbers.

Anyone have better info on this?
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1776 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Mike, my understanding with banks is the same as yours, though I haven't tried to cash any in.
I finished setting this up today, and am playing around with it. Did it for some ladies my wife had over for lunch and they were amazed.

On the special bill I just burned two holes in the half that isn't in play. Seems to work very well, and doesn't require glueing an extra piece. A bonus is that the special bill retains more char in the hole. It is just more stable.

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague

When the Docs give your wife 18 months to live and it has been 12 years, that is a miracle!
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
What do I win if I get
1858 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Mike, a really great idea, one I will use, thank you so much for sharing,
so much has been said about the routine, it is very magical, and so much fun to do,

Dave
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1776 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
I have been using to burned ones to healed ones for a few weeks now (with a fire wallet).
It gets a great reaction as well as a laugh!

I also want to commend Mike on his great idea. It certainly cuts down on the amount of cash I have to carry!

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague

The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
What do I win if I get
1858 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I wish to thank Magic Mike for his contribution of his adaptation on EB, if you scroll back a bit you may will see his entire post, Briefly , he uses a fire wallet and burned bills that change to new un burned bills, I loved the idea and took the time to make it up , and I must say it is awesome, a ton of fun to watch as people are jumping back, and when I remove the burned bills, still smoking thanks to another new effect, “Smoke”, they step back in to get a closer look, then for the finale, I use the gravity change as I feel it is almost like not touching the bills at all and they change to new , un-burned bills, well people just react like crazy, it is so much fun to do, but more fun to watch,
During one showing of the effect, upon removing the burned bills, and as they were smoking, I yelped as if was burning my fingers, and I purposely dropped one bill, and I asked a guy to pick it up, he said “No Way”, that was it for me, I was hooked.
Thanks to Magic Mike
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
1509 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
DAve,

The idea of using "Smoke" to make the bills appear to be still smoking is awesome. I'm going to get out my DVD and look at The Gravity Change and try it.

Imagining your presentation in my head gave me another idea. If some one wanted to do a "message" kind of routine you could talk about how some people think money is evil (Fire) but it's not really the money it's how you choose to use it. (Restored).
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Extreme Burn 2.0 by Richard Sanders (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.326335 seconds, requiring 98 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [4] [9] [2] [7] [5] [8] [7] [3]