The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Extreme Burn 2.0 by Richard Sanders (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11 [Next]
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1054 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
I'm having lots of trouble getting this to work properly. Everything is lined up very well, and I used brand new bills. Should I have used older bills? It seems so simple when Sanders does it! I am new to using bills in my magic, so this is all new to me!
mndude
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of mndude
Quote:
On 2012-02-25 13:37, BatsMagic wrote:
I'm having lots of trouble getting this to work properly. Everything is lined up very well, and I used brand new bills. Should I have used older bills? It seems so simple when Sanders does it! I am new to using bills in my magic, so this is all new to me!

It's tricky. Today I just went to the bank to get newer bills towns it work better, lol.
mndude
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of mndude
Whoops to make it work better...
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
3795 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Bats,

It really is simple! And new bills work much better than old IMO. Actually I think that Richard recommends newer bills on the DVD - haven't watched it in a while!

Like any effect you must work at it to get it to flow nicely, though to be honest I had it up and working very quickly. However it took a while before I could do it smoothly and without any hesitation or jerkiness. (Is that a word?!)

One thing to check is that you have the order of things correct. Can't say too much on that here but I am talking about the specific location of the offset one. (Do you get that?)

Jim
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
I ordered this the other day finally. Looking forward to it!
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
mayniac
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of mayniac
You'll love it, sirbrad. I held off on getting it for a while too, but now it is one of my favorite effects to perform. It's fantastically visual, angle-proof, casual, practical, portable, and magical.
Official Product Reviewer of Trick Shop Magic
saysold1
View Profile
Inner circle
Recovering Cafe addict with only
6478 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I love EB and do it all the time.
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1374 Posts

Profile of rasmus
This is a beautiful effect. everything that pops out of richards mind is brilliant
and a worker. its just normal to invest some time to get it perfect. but it doesent
take to much to achieve a smooth change.

I had problems to get other bills with the same size of bills as in switzerland. finally
I found a currency that works just perfect. old turkish currency, very cheap over ebay.

I also use paper strips, news paper pieces or lottery tickets as well.
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: Real Coin Bend, Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck

www.rasmusmagic.ch
dreamadream99
View Profile
Regular user
Central Alberta, Canada
135 Posts

Profile of dreamadream99
The very nature of bills folded in half in a stack causes the inner bills to protrude more than the outermost bill. Add to this the special requirement for EB's get ready, and you have lots of flashing potential. This is a really big deal in any country where the bills are different colors. I solved this a long time ago with EB1:

I trim my bills.

Not much. Less than a milimeter, but this keeps them from being spotted during either phase of the trick. This built in recess makes the get ready really easy too, since the key bill is flush rather than protruding.
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3505 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Good tip. But I have to say, I use "newer" bills, but not "new" and have never had one glitch with EB. I purchased EB2 just to keep up, but have never seen a reason to change. This effect just stuns people. Keep with it Bats, sounds like your are doing something a little different, perhaps. I will tell you that I switched to a larger piece of what would almost be very thin desk protector or a thicker iphone screen protector and got a much better result, if that is not too cyphered...

Jim
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
reignofsound
View Profile
Special user
Glasgow, UK
514 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Just ordered this today.
I live in the UK
what are the best notes to use (lowest denomination)
Thanks
mndude
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of mndude
I'm TOO dumb to do it!! Smile
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1768 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Quote:
On 2012-02-25 13:37, BatsMagic wrote:

Bats,
Just keep playing with it, and store the bills in your wallet even when you aren't performing it. It takes some time for a new gaff setup to cooperate properly. Be patient. It will come together for you.

I have performed this many hundreds of times, and you will find success.

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
When the Docs give your wife 18 months to live and it has been 10 years, that is a miracle!
dreamadream99
View Profile
Regular user
Central Alberta, Canada
135 Posts

Profile of dreamadream99
Quote:
On 2012-02-28 17:27, reignofsound wrote:
...I live in the UK. What are the best notes to use. Thanks

You can use any bill to any bill. But 2 rules. Must be the same size, and paper is better than plastic.
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
815 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
Quote:
Just ordered this today.
I live in the UK
Thanks

You can't use UK notes as each denomination is a different size (to aid blind people I am led to believe)
So you have to use magazine clippings or paper etc. I am just building a gimmick using blank cheques to £10 notes.
I need to trim the cheques down to size but hopefully, will be OK. You could also use paying in slips then change them
to money! Good luck
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
reignofsound
View Profile
Special user
Glasgow, UK
514 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
What currency / method do UK use?
I can't decide what to do.
SPONGE KONG
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of SPONGE KONG
[quote]On 2012-03-05 08:49, TheGreatRaymondo wrote:
Quote:
Just ordered this today.
I live in the UK
Thanks

You can't use UK notes as each denomination is a different size (to aid blind people I am led to believe)
So you have to use magazine clippings or paper etc. I am just building a gimmick using blank cheques to £10 notes.
I need to trim the cheques down to size but hopefully, will be OK. You could also use paying in slips then change them
to money! Good luck

It's such a shame that U.k currency is different sizes as the Dollar changes look so good! I've had EB2.0 for ages but haven't put a gimmick together yet due to not liking the look of magazine clipping, but I really like your Cheque idea!
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
815 Posts

£5 note to 20 Euro notes work well. There is only a couple of millimeters difference in the size. With a little bit of trimming its no problem to knock up a gimmick. I have also just made a £20 note to Lottery tickets gimmick. You need to trim around 50mm off the length of the lottery tickets but I don't think anyone will actually notice.
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
*double-A-magic*
View Profile
Loyal user
Cheshire, England, UK
248 Posts

Profile of *double-A-magic*
Quote:
On 2012-03-11 07:44, TheGreatRaymondo wrote:
£5 note to 20 Euro notes work well. There is only a couple of millimeters difference in the size. With a little bit of trimming its no problem to knock up a gimmick. I have also just made a £20 note to Lottery tickets gimmick. You need to trim around 50mm off the length of the lottery tickets but I don't think anyone will actually notice.

Just to clarify... I use £20 and the lottery slips that are used to pick your numbers, not the lottery ticket itself. Is this what you mean or do you actually use the lottery ticket?

Regards,,

AA
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice."
<BR>
<BR>- Joseph Dunninger -
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
815 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-03-11 09:55, *double-A-magic* wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-03-11 07:44, TheGreatRaymondo wrote:

Just to clarify... I use £20 and the lottery slips that are used to pick your numbers, not the lottery ticket itself. Is this what you mean or do you actually use the lottery ticket?

Regards,,

AA

Hi,
Yes - the lottery ticket slips to pick your numbers. Sorry about that!
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
3795 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
You can use just about anything that you can trim to the same size as the bills that will be produced. I have one dollar bills to twenties (USD). I also bought a few Zimbabwe 100 trillion dollar notes - yes, they really did issue those! - and I change them to $2 biils (USD). The Zimbabwe notes were smaller so I copied them - both sides - and increased the size to match the $2 bills. Works fine. Also, any store coupons that are laid out in landscape; again, I copy & resize the images. A while back in this thread or another on EB2 someone was sending a PDF of lottery tickets that were resized to match US currency. You could make any type of papers change to any other as long as you can resize the former to match the latter. Come on..... You're magicians!!! Be creative! Effects won't always be a perfect fit for your personal use. Sometimes you just have to use your head and make something that matches your own presentation stule and fits in with the rest of your magic.

:)

Jim
Mach
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of Mach
Can this be used in conjunction with Sanders' Powerball 60 - whereby the tickets can be changed into currency? For the record, the powerball 50 tickets are made out of cardboard as opposed to flimsy paper.

Thanks

Mach
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
2535 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Not unless you can find currency that is as narrow as the tickets (which are much narrower than US currency).
0likv
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of 0likv
Please can some1 message me what the gimmick was in eb normal because I have eb 2 and it is quite annoying because I don't have any rubber cement but my supplier is willing to lend some to me.
thanks Smile
bob99
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of bob99
Has anyone in Canada performed this with the new polymer bills? As seen in the linked image below, they have a transparent strip that runs the full height of the bill. I love the look of this trick, it's amazingly visual, but I have the feeling this new currency is going to totally blow it.

Click here to view attached image.
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1153 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
I tried with 20's and 50's. Nope, doesn't work very well. I had resorted to using Canadian Tire money, but just wasn't the same. I only use it now when doing a gospel effect using tracts that look like million dollar bills from WOTM. I turn pieces of paper with different sins on them into the tract bills, and then hand some of them out.

Even though they might not work with some of the Canadian currency, there are several other ways to use the gimmick that I believe make EB still worth owning.
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
bob99
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of bob99
Thanks for the reply Danny. If I get some old bills, I suppose I can do a routine talking about why they had to phase out the old currency (for security reasons) and how you can't do that with the newer bills.
mich77
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of mich77
Magic Mike! Amazing idea and I really thank you for that Smile
I didn't buy so far EB or anything like that for the problem that someone talked about... euros, lowest denomination, etc etc...
but now I'd like to use it.
Thanks again
saysold1
View Profile
Inner circle
Recovering Cafe addict with only
6478 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2013-04-01 13:23, Danny Kazam wrote:
I tried with 20's and 50's. Nope, doesn't work very well. I had resorted to using Canadian Tire money, but just wasn't the same. I only use it now when doing a gospel effect using tracts that look like million dollar bills from WOTM. I turn pieces of paper with different sins on them into the tract bills, and then hand some of them out.

Even though they might not work with some of the Canadian currency, there are several other ways to use the gimmick that I believe make EB still worth owning.

Works 100% beautifully with 20's - I use it all the time that way, for the past 3 years - just need to find some newer bills from your local bank (1's and 20's in my case).

This is one of the cleanest and best effects I own - and always gets great reactions.

Your mileage (like Danny's) may vary.
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1153 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
I was referring to the new Canadian polymer bills just recently put into circulation a year ago. All our Canadian currency is changing over from paper to polymer. It has always worked great with our old currency.
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Extreme Burn 2.0 by Richard Sanders (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.266495 seconds, requiring 96 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [2] [0] [7] [8] [4] [2] [1] [4]