The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Extreme Burn 2.0 by Richard Sanders (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16~17 [Next]
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
I'm having lots of trouble getting this to work properly. Everything is lined up very well, and I used brand new bills. Should I have used older bills? It seems so simple when Sanders does it! I am new to using bills in my magic, so this is all new to me!
mndude
View Profile
Special user
655 Posts

Profile of mndude
Quote:
On 2012-02-25 13:37, BatsMagic wrote:
I'm having lots of trouble getting this to work properly. Everything is lined up very well, and I used brand new bills. Should I have used older bills? It seems so simple when Sanders does it! I am new to using bills in my magic, so this is all new to me!


It's tricky. Today I just went to the bank to get newer bills towns it work better, lol.
mndude
View Profile
Special user
655 Posts

Profile of mndude
Whoops to make it work better...
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5040 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Bats,

It really is simple! And new bills work much better than old IMO. Actually I think that Richard recommends newer bills on the DVD - haven't watched it in a while!

Like any effect you must work at it to get it to flow nicely, though to be honest I had it up and working very quickly. However it took a while before I could do it smoothly and without any hesitation or jerkiness. (Is that a word?!)

One thing to check is that you have the order of things correct. Can't say too much on that here but I am talking about the specific location of the offset one. (Do you get that?)

Jim
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
1863 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
I ordered this the other day finally. Looking forward to it!
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
mayniac
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of mayniac
You'll love it, sirbrad. I held off on getting it for a while too, but now it is one of my favorite effects to perform. It's fantastically visual, angle-proof, casual, practical, portable, and magical.
Official Product Reviewer of Trick Shop Magic
saysold1
View Profile
Inner circle
Recovering Cafe addict with only
9773 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I love EB and do it all the time.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1665 Posts

Profile of rasmus
This is a beautiful effect. everything that pops out of richards mind is brilliant
and a worker. its just normal to invest some time to get it perfect. but it doesent
take to much to achieve a smooth change.

I had problems to get other bills with the same size of bills as in switzerland. finally
I found a currency that works just perfect. old turkish currency, very cheap over ebay.

I also use paper strips, news paper pieces or lottery tickets as well.
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)



Creator of: STEEL (performen by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck
dreamadream99
View Profile
Regular user
Central Alberta, Canada
136 Posts

Profile of dreamadream99
The very nature of bills folded in half in a stack causes the inner bills to protrude more than the outermost bill. Add to this the special requirement for EB's get ready, and you have lots of flashing potential. This is a really big deal in any country where the bills are different colors. I solved this a long time ago with EB1:

I trim my bills.

Not much. Less than a milimeter, but this keeps them from being spotted during either phase of the trick. This built in recess makes the get ready really easy too, since the key bill is flush rather than protruding.
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3595 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Good tip. But I have to say, I use "newer" bills, but not "new" and have never had one glitch with EB. I purchased EB2 just to keep up, but have never seen a reason to change. This effect just stuns people. Keep with it Bats, sounds like your are doing something a little different, perhaps. I will tell you that I switched to a larger piece of what would almost be very thin desk protector or a thicker iphone screen protector and got a much better result, if that is not too cyphered...

Jim
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
reignofsound
View Profile
Special user
Glasgow, UK
850 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Just ordered this today.
I live in the UK
what are the best notes to use (lowest denomination)
Thanks
mndude
View Profile
Special user
655 Posts

Profile of mndude
I'm TOO dumb to do it!! Smile
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1785 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Quote:
On 2012-02-25 13:37, BatsMagic wrote:
I'm having lots of trouble getting this to work properly. Everything is lined up very well, and I used brand new bills. Should I have used older bills? It seems so simple when Sanders does it! I am new to using bills in my magic, so this is all new to me!


Bats,
Just keep playing with it, and store the bills in your wallet even when you aren't performing it. It takes some time for a new gaff setup to cooperate properly. Be patient. It will come together for you.

I have performed this many hundreds of times, and you will find success.

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague

When the Docs give your wife 18 months to live and it has been 12 years, that is a miracle!
dreamadream99
View Profile
Regular user
Central Alberta, Canada
136 Posts

Profile of dreamadream99
Quote:
On 2012-02-28 17:27, reignofsound wrote:
...I live in the UK. What are the best notes to use. Thanks


You can use any bill to any bill. But 2 rules. Must be the same size, and paper is better than plastic.
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
944 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
Quote:
On 2012-02-28 17:27, reignofsound wrote:
Just ordered this today.
I live in the UK
what are the best notes to use (lowest denomination)
Thanks

You can't use UK notes as each denomination is a different size (to aid blind people I am led to believe)
So you have to use magazine clippings or paper etc. I am just building a gimmick using blank cheques to £10 notes.
I need to trim the cheques down to size but hopefully, will be OK. You could also use paying in slips then change them
to money! Good luck
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
reignofsound
View Profile
Special user
Glasgow, UK
850 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
What currency / method do UK use?
I can't decide what to do.
SPONGE KONG
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of SPONGE KONG
[quote]On 2012-03-05 08:49, TheGreatRaymondo wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-02-28 17:27, reignofsound wrote:
Just ordered this today.
I live in the UK
what are the best notes to use (lowest denomination)
Thanks

You can't use UK notes as each denomination is a different size (to aid blind people I am led to believe)
So you have to use magazine clippings or paper etc. I am just building a gimmick using blank cheques to £10 notes.
I need to trim the cheques down to size but hopefully, will be OK. You could also use paying in slips then change them
to money! Good luck

It's such a shame that U.k currency is different sizes as the Dollar changes look so good! I've had EB2.0 for ages but haven't put a gimmick together yet due to not liking the look of magazine clipping, but I really like your Cheque idea!
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
944 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
£5 note to 20 Euro notes work well. There is only a couple of millimeters difference in the size. With a little bit of trimming its no problem to knock up a gimmick. I have also just made a £20 note to Lottery tickets gimmick. You need to trim around 50mm off the length of the lottery tickets but I don't think anyone will actually notice.
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
*double-A-magic*
View Profile
Loyal user
Cheshire, England, UK
252 Posts

Profile of *double-A-magic*
Quote:
On 2012-03-11 07:44, TheGreatRaymondo wrote:
£5 note to 20 Euro notes work well. There is only a couple of millimeters difference in the size. With a little bit of trimming its no problem to knock up a gimmick. I have also just made a £20 note to Lottery tickets gimmick. You need to trim around 50mm off the length of the lottery tickets but I don't think anyone will actually notice.


Just to clarify... I use £20 and the lottery slips that are used to pick your numbers, not the lottery ticket itself. Is this what you mean or do you actually use the lottery ticket?

Regards,,

AA
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice."
<BR>
<BR>- Joseph Dunninger -
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
944 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
Quote:
On 2012-03-11 09:55, *double-A-magic* wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-03-11 07:44, TheGreatRaymondo wrote:
£5 note to 20 Euro notes work well. There is only a couple of millimeters difference in the size. With a little bit of trimming its no problem to knock up a gimmick. I have also just made a £20 note to Lottery tickets gimmick. You need to trim around 50mm off the length of the lottery tickets but I don't think anyone will actually notice.


Just to clarify... I use £20 and the lottery slips that are used to pick your numbers, not the lottery ticket itself. Is this what you mean or do you actually use the lottery ticket?

Regards,,

AA


Hi,
Yes - the lottery ticket slips to pick your numbers. Sorry about that!
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Extreme Burn 2.0 by Richard Sanders (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16~17 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL