The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Extreme Burn 2.0 by Richard Sanders (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9~10~11 [Next]
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Ocean Springs, MS
847 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
At least with Fiber Optics extended he added the Ring effects. This seems to be a much better addition then slightly modifying the gimmick to get the same results.

I didn't see the difference in thickness of the bills, unless he figured out a way to slit the bills and remove the "cardboard" center...
mep2003
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of mep2003
I loved the first one. I wrote to him and mentioned a few very minor things I did to improve the trick for myself. He quickly responded and then when I sent him the idea he never responded. I included in the email that I wanted nothing for the contribution if he liked them. I still love his dvd and think its one of the finest upclose magic tricks around.

I keep my money in a money clip no big deal but it keeps the money in very good shape and its alway ready.
Joaquin
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of Joaquin
Improvements is what we should all strive for.

The better it gets the better we all are.

Sad will be if we are stock with a trick that cannot be improved. Think how good the bill change concept is going to become in the future with all the improvements that they can create.

Why getting upset. I am excited that this effect is getting better and better.
rockthemike
View Profile
Special user
Seattle
694 Posts

Profile of rockthemike
Nobody b*tched when Michael Jordan retroed his Air Jordans 10+ times for each of the 30+ models. Or when Honda released the Civic 5+ times.
Michael Wong
Wizard
http://michaelwong.says.so
Todd Bernard
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of Todd Bernard
Look for it to cost about $29 for the "new improvement". The demo shows nothing new, which is the only thing we can judge it on right now. So, if it's the gimmick that has changed, and we still get the same visual, then there really is no reason for a new version is there? Who cares about what is inside, the laymen will never see that. What they see is the visual bills changing.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1775 Posts

Profile of ted french
I and many others !@#$%ed about the Jordans, they really cheapened the brand when they did those ridiculous cartoonish versions of the classic Jordans. Fortunately they didn't screw the 4s up too bad with the updated version.
P3
practice practice perform.
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1834 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2009-11-22 19:46, dinger136 wrote:

I didn't see the difference in thickness of the bills, unless he figured out a way to slit the bills and remove the "cardboard" center...


Cardboard center??
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
gamma105
View Profile
Regular user
City of Evil
119 Posts

Profile of gamma105
Quote:
On 2009-11-22 18:06, Mediocre the Great wrote:
EB Version 1 is a "worker" in my regular strolling and close up acts. I have great patter for it and it plays big every time. However, constant never ending improvement is the mark of a professional.

I look forward to seeing Richard's new ideas. I'm also looking foward to Fiber Optics vs 2 and Tagged vs 2 as well. Gotta go now, I've got to get to the store to buy a copy of Windows vs 7 before they come out with version 8.


I love Rich's patter, it's hilarious!
rockthemike
View Profile
Special user
Seattle
694 Posts

Profile of rockthemike
Quote:
On 2009-11-23 10:30, ted french wrote:
I and many others !@#$%ed about the Jordans, they really cheapened the brand when they did those ridiculous cartoonish versions of the classic Jordans. Fortunately they didn't screw the 4s up too bad with the updated version.


LOL, I agree. I 1.) didn't think anyone else was into shoes and 2.) just tried to make a point Smile
Michael Wong
Wizard
http://michaelwong.says.so
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3503 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Quote:
On 2009-11-22 23:55, rockthemike wrote:
Nobody b*tched when Michael Jordan retroed his Air Jordans 10+ times for each of the 30+ models. Or when Honda released the Civic 5+ times.


Yeah, but the Jordans could be returned and you got to test drive the Honda first...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1775 Posts

Profile of ted french
I'm wearing the Jordan 3s as I type this.
P3
practice practice perform.
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1354 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Is it just me or does the video demo show him handling the bills more freely?
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
I'm with you mike, looks much cleaner but hard to really tell, guess we have to wait till it comes out and make a decision then

Don
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
652 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
Yes, it is hard to tell. Richard does everything so smoothly so the difference in his hands is hard to see a difference.

-Ron
May the magic in your life never disappear

*** Lou Serrano's Steel Ball Routine ***
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Ocean Springs, MS
847 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
Quote:
On 2009-11-23 10:31, gaffed wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-11-22 19:46, dinger136 wrote:

I didn't see the difference in thickness of the bills, unless he figured out a way to slit the bills and remove the "cardboard" center...


Cardboard center??


Just a joke referencing the ability to split cards and make them thinner, etc. There is no cardboard center to the bills, so really, how do you make them thinner???
sruli
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of sruli
I just watched the YouTube demo for EB2. I don't see this as an improvement so much for the spectator, who will see the same effect either way, but it might be an improvement for the magician in terms of ease of handling.

The difference to the spectator in Handout 500 is perhaps more obvious, but until I try it myself I won't know if the handling is more difficult. I suspect it might be, but practice would undoubtedly mitigate that.

All of the Easy Money effects are the same to the spectator when performed correctly. Only we know the difference. The different versions I have seen all have something to recommend them in terms of the different handlings, but the lay person will experience the same thing.
cardlover
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of cardlover
Quote:
On 2009-11-24 00:08, sruli wrote:
I just watched the YouTube demo for EB2. I don't see this as an improvement so much for the spectator, who will see the same effect either way, but it might be an improvement for the magician in terms of ease of handling.

The difference to the spectator in Handout 500 is perhaps more obvious, but until I try it myself I won't know if the handling is more difficult. I suspect it might be, but practice would undoubtedly mitigate that.

All of the Easy Money effects are the same to the spectator when performed correctly. Only we know the difference. The different versions I have seen all have something to recommend them in terms of the different handlings, but the lay person will experience the same thing.


honest and very well put!
500 is very direct and the proofs are in the right spots.
Easy Money is a classic,but like I said before,it was very nice seing a whole new approach to this effect that was outstanding on it's own merits.
It's the only really new take on the multi bill change that is truly outstanding and offers many features and not just the hand out ending.
I have it set up for four ones to four fives and five ones to five tweenties and the cost for both gimmicks cost me a total of twelve bucks!
I ask for a tweenty or a hundred and do the change with my ones and exchange bills that instant.
I get the benefit of the handout ending and then simply exchange bills back when I'm done.
My opinion is based on owning most all the Easy Money Variations and for someone who has never had a version of Easy Money,i would recomend both.

John
PepeRuizSJ
View Profile
Loyal user
217 Posts

Profile of PepeRuizSJ
Here's my thing with this effect. If I add this to my repertoire it means that I don't have access to those bills any more. So, if I use 4 or 5 bills of $20 and 4 or 5 ones this effect is actually costing me $84 to $105dlls. I love the effect, but it seems a little pricey for me. I know you could re-use the gimmick as a regular bill, but if this goes into my working repertoire then I can't. These bills need to be ready to go always, so effectively this trick costs me 80 to 100 dlls, plus the DVD. Sure, it pays for itself, but other tricks seem to have a better investment/utility ratio. Does anyone out there share this view with me? Or am I completely missing something? Maybe I'm focusing too much on the business side and not in the art and beauty of the effect. That might be what it comes down to.
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
Couldn't you do magazine clippings or paper clippings to one dollar bills?
Vorezo
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of Vorezo
In canada, we would have to use 5's so its quite costly. And I personally think its stonger to turn 5's to 20's (or 100s) instead of magazine clippings to some bills...
shane.black
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of shane.black
Actually he did handle the bills more freely you weren't just imagining it. Also the transition between denominations was cleaner so my guess is Richards devised a way to hand them out after the change. I love EB1 and I love Hand Out 500 I'll use both since the visuals are different on both so I don't see the problem with owning each of them. Looks great Richard!
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
Vorezo it is stronger to change money into larger money but there is a solution to where it isn't as expensive. If you have to make it a little less strong, then so be it.
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3503 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Quote:
On 2009-11-29 13:26, PepeRuizSJ wrote:
Sure, it pays for itself, but other tricks seem to have a better investment/utility ratio. Does anyone out there share this view with me? Or am I completely missing something? Maybe I'm focusing too much on the business side and not in the art and beauty of the effect. That might be what it comes down to.


I do, although my concern with the effect goes even further. I have EB and have not used it, because I just can not make any sense of it. I know magicians do weird things with strange objects, but turning something into real money and not distributing it to your faithful audience seems at the very least a little miserly. Turning it back into what it was before- are you a stupid magician, or just being mean?? I can't get past that...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Apprentice
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of Apprentice
Hello,

read your post on why you don't do EB. it's such a beautiful effect, it's been around for so long and used with great effect by patrick page and other pro's all up until now that there must be a way you can find to present it and be happy with it.

would this help make some sort of sense for you?

I take out old 'collectors' uncirculated canadian bills to show them how they've increased in value by ten fold....literally.... (then I flick and they visually change into new $10 bills).

however, once money has been alterted (magically) in this manner, in the wrong hands, they may inadvertantly be changed back to it's first state (the old collector's $1's) while you are paying at a cash register (then I flick and they visually change back into $1 old style bills - like cinderella does at the stroke of midnight) - which could land you in jail.

I can't take that liability and I'd never wish that on any poor soul - so I make it a point never to hand them out. I just change the bills myself when I am in need.

it conveys that you are not a stupid magician because you are able to do it yourself and use the money but explains why you don't hand them out and what the extreme consequenses are if you did hand them "altertered" bills out.

you could use this explaination for regular $1 USD bills and changing them to $10's or $20's or $100's. the same applies - you could go to jail trying to pass $1's as $100 dollar bills.

with the above explaination (which I don't even go so far to explain) this is just as strange a thing for any magician to do as all his other effects. it's on even level playing ground now.

so go out and start doing Extreme Burn!!! no more exuses!!!

Have fun with it! Hope this helps you try it out! it's Fun!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14448 Posts

Profile of Review King
Richard doesn't release poor effects. The video on this looked cleaner and more magical than EB. Just that little bit extra that elevated it.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Quote:
On 2009-11-29 15:20, mandarin wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-11-29 13:26, PepeRuizSJ wrote:
Sure, it pays for itself, but other tricks seem to have a better investment/utility ratio. Does anyone out there share this view with me? Or am I completely missing something? Maybe I'm focusing too much on the business side and not in the art and beauty of the effect. That might be what it comes down to.


I do, although my concern with the effect goes even further. I have EB and have not used it, because I just can not make any sense of it. I know magicians do weird things with strange objects, but turning something into real money and not distributing it to your faithful audience seems at the very least a little miserly. Turning it back into what it was before- are you a stupid magician, or just being mean?? I can't get past that...


Miserly? Do you give your coins away at the end of your miser's dream routine?
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Ocean Springs, MS
847 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
Turning them back is not a problem, you just need the patter. I do it and stick the money in my pocket. They know what they saw, and it is over. It is a mini stage illusion. After the effect on stage the performer doesn't invite them up to inspect the props. It just happens, they (hopefully) are amazed in what they saw, and you move on.
madcats9
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of madcats9
Any news when it will be released?
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
1314 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
How about starting with 100s changing to 1's and presenting it as the most useless magical ability ever. At lease no one will be lining up to have you change their money which always seems to be the punchline of this trick
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1556 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Quote:
On 2009-11-29 15:20, mandarin wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-11-29 13:26, PepeRuizSJ wrote:
Sure, it pays for itself, but other tricks seem to have a better investment/utility ratio. Does anyone out there share this view with me? Or am I completely missing something? Maybe I'm focusing too much on the business side and not in the art and beauty of the effect. That might be what it comes down to.


I do, although my concern with the effect goes even further. I have EB and have not used it, because I just can not make any sense of it. I know magicians do weird things with strange objects, but turning something into real money and not distributing it to your faithful audience seems at the very least a little miserly. Turning it back into what it was before- are you a stupid magician, or just being mean?? I can't get past that...


I was in your camp, which is why I really like Steve Haynes's "Handout 500."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Extreme Burn 2.0 by Richard Sanders (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.208138 seconds, requiring 88 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[9] [7] [5] [1] [8] [3] [7] [9] [0]