The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Extreme Burn 2.0 by Richard Sanders (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9~10~11 [Next]
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3507 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Xcath1-

Along your line of thought, I have considered starting with the larger bills, for example 20's, then borrowing one from a spec, adding it to the stack, then changing them all to ones. Could be good comedy, right up until you get punched. Just gotta have a way of getting that 20 back to the spec before he socks you...

bugjack-

Stopping short of exposure, can you explain how Handout 500 avoids the problems at issue?

Thanks,

Jim
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1563 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Well, you can distribute the bills if you want. Or, on another level, dropping them to the table or handing them out to show them as singular provides a more satisfying concluding beat than changing them back. In my opinion, at least.
SimonT
View Profile
New user
Oxford, UK
9 Posts

Profile of SimonT
Hi Everyone,
Does anyone know when Extreme Burn 2.0 is due to be released? Am trying to decide between getting EB (looks like a better change in the demo) or Handout500 (nice to be able to hand out bills and thinner) and hoping the introduction of EB2 will tip the decision one way or the other!
Thanks, Simon
mhend
View Profile
Regular user
Kentucky
108 Posts

Profile of mhend
Am I correct in assuming that Handout is examinable and EB is not?
"You should never, never doubt what no one is sure of." Willie Wonka
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
You can not hand out all of the bills from EB as the gimmick is integral to one of the bills. This is what allows the switch back to the original denomination.
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
1801 Posts

Profile of yachanin
I have Extreme Burn, but didn't get an email from him about Extreme Burn 2. Has anyone heard anything else from Richard?

Regards, Steve
"Impossible? Your audience will think so..." ™

Thought Association Card
Triangulation
Word Search Detective
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Not a thing Steve..

DOn
NYVetteGuy
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of NYVetteGuy
THe last email I got from Richard was he would be getting these out Mid Jan...sent him an email this morning asking what the latest ETA was...I will inform all when I hear...
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
12700 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2009-11-22 11:13, Mike Heitkamper wrote:
Can't wait to see the details so I can decide if it is worth it. Anyone who bought David Regal's Sudden Deck, and Sudden Deck 2.0 knows that a good trick can always be improved upon.

Agreed, but if the creators would work in all those improvements in the initial release of the effect, it would save many of us lots of dough, and of course, the creators of said effects would not have the fun and profit of selling us the effect two or three times.

I love my original EB, but it will take some substantial changes from Richard before I decide to shell out more bucks. After, all the multiplying money thing is only an illusion so I'm not getting any richer by performing the effect or by purchasing. (But Richard is!)

Now if the illusion was real, that would be cool, because I could afford to buy all the improvements they put out.

All that aside, I have to admit, the changes on that video looked pretty eye popping.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
mrmuji
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of mrmuji
I haven't heard a thing as well
Best Regards,

Bob
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
12700 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
The mystery deepens....
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
surryhills
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
148 Posts

Profile of surryhills
There have to be a discount, Extreme Burn 1.0 is only 1 year old...
judgehiker
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of judgehiker
I think a lot about the most effective way of using EB so it has some purpose and self effacing humor. I would like to know what you think.
I ask the spectator if I can borrow a 1.00 bill which I am going to attempt to turn into a 20.00 bill. I show the ones (I use four ones) and insert their one dollar bill in the center so it makes five. (Sometimes I even have them put a little x in the upper margin to identify it. When I do the change to twenties there are four twenties with a one dollar bill in the center (with an x on the margin) that didn't change. I announce that it didn't work this time and give them the one dollar that was sandwiched between the twenties. I then put the packet away. This takes care of the problem of doing a trick without a purpose or in not giving the changed money to the spectator. As far as they know they got their dollar back while being totally baffled by the magical change. Judgehiker
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2531 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On 2010-01-16 23:31, judgehiker wrote:
I think a lot about the most effective way of using EB so it has some purpose and self effacing humor. I would like to know what you think.
I ask the spectator if I can borrow a 1.00 bill which I am going to attempt to turn into a 20.00 bill. I show the ones (I use four ones) and insert their one dollar bill in the center so it makes five. (Sometimes I even have them put a little x in the upper margin to identify it. When I do the change to twenties there are four twenties with a one dollar bill in the center (with an x on the margin) that didn't change. I announce that it didn't work this time and give them the one dollar that was sandwiched between the twenties. I then put the packet away. This takes care of the problem of doing a trick without a purpose or in not giving the changed money to the spectator. As far as they know they got their dollar back while being totally baffled by the magical change. Judgehiker

you can change the patter to address poor service from a waiter!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"

What is the mental malfunction that some people suffer from that compels them to demand being able to kill the most vulnerable and innocent members of the human race? What kind of society champions the killing of nascent human life rather than demanding that adults behave responsibly?
mayniac
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of mayniac
Quote:
On 2010-01-16 23:31, judgehiker wrote:

Wow! That's probably the best presentation of a bill change effect I've ever seen! Seriously! I've never been very privy to most bill change presentations, and therefore I've never bought any of the many versions out there.

I think your idea has made me want to buy Extreme Burn 2.0 when it comes out. Thanks SO much!
Official Product Reviewer of Trick Shop Magic
SimonT
View Profile
New user
Oxford, UK
9 Posts

Profile of SimonT
After that, How about then changing their $1 bill to a $20 as a single bill switch and then back again?

Posted: Jan 24, 2010 2:06pm
Btw anyone heard anything about the release date of EB 2.0?
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Giving up on this, haven't heard a word

Don
SimonT
View Profile
New user
Oxford, UK
9 Posts

Profile of SimonT
Have just seen on Richard saunders website - due to be available on 1st feb. Can't find any other details though.....
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Thanks Simon..

Don
mrmagik68
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of mrmagik68
I was about to start a new thread inquiring on EB 2.0, it's a good thing I did a search first. I sent Richard an email asking what is the difference between the current EB and the 2.0 but I have not received a response as of yet.

Roberto
Original Card Clinician
SpellMagic
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of SpellMagic
Is EB 2.0 released today ? Found it anybody in an magicstore ?
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Have NOT heard a thing from Richard on this in quite a while

Don
elimagic
View Profile
Special user
Is the number you're thinking of...
901 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Hmmm. Theres nothing on Sanders's site about 2.0. ALthough it does say it was supposed to be released today, but I have not heard or seen anything either.
When life gives you lemons, make a signed bill appear inside...
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
I wasn't too excited about a EB 2.0. The original EB works just fine for me, and I can't personally see what an EB 2.0 could add that would justify remarketing it on a whole seperate DVD.

I occasionally receive emails from creator's whose DVD's or ebooks I've purchased with updates on an effect. I believe this is the right way to do it, and not re-marketing with 2.0's. especially only after a year of the first one being released.
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
elimagic
View Profile
Special user
901 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Quote:
On 2010-02-01 14:39, Gospel Dan wrote:
I wasn't too excited about a EB 2.0. The original EB works just fine for me, and I can't personally see what an EB 2.0 could add that would justify remarketing it on a whole seperate DVD.

I occasionally receive emails from creator's whose DVD's or ebooks I've purchased with updates on an effect. I believe this is the right way to do it, and not re-marketing with 2.0's. especially only after a year of the first one being released.

I completely agree. I was hoping for a simple upgrade for those who have already purchased Eb from sanders. Although this is not likely. Eb is awsome and I stil use it to this day. The reason I am so excited is that I think 2.0 is going to be an extreme(no pun intended)and updated version of the gimmick itself. From the video I have seen on youtube, the gimmick seems easier to handle. Also the "last bill" seems much thinner. I suspect maybe magnets may be involved, but I have no idea.
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Maybe because of the not so excitement for the release Richard decided to hold off??
Don
elimagic
View Profile
Special user
901 Posts

Profile of elimagic
I hope Sanders did not decide to release it, I was looking forward to it. The teaser vid on youtube looks good. Hopefully a demo will be released soon, along with a product
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Just buy Extreme Burn. It works just fine without 2.0
Bill Abbott
View Profile
Veteran user
351 Posts

Profile of Bill Abbott
It's no longer available.
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Why would he discontinue making them, and pull them off the market?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Extreme Burn 2.0 by Richard Sanders (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.234756 seconds, requiring 98 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [5] [2] [1] [6] [3] [6] [1] [0]