The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Review of Born a Freak 1&2 by Craig Petty (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
USA
668 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
Hi guys this review has been a long time coming (Sorry Craig) I just wanted to test out these routines first and later give my opinion on them. Here you go. Enjoy.

Title: Born a Freak 1 &2

Creator: Craig Petty (café username: Craig Petty)

Package: I received a dl to review but when you buy it you will receive it in cd-rom form because of file size.

Where to buy: available at worldmagicshop.com

Quality: E-books are very nice. Born a Freak 1 has 34 pages and Born a Freak 2 has 43 pages. Barely no pictures but really are not needed.

Content: There are 8 routines in #1 and 7 routines in #2. Total of 15 routines.

Now, before you start reading my review, I want to be clear. This will be a sincere and honest review. Yes, I was selected to be a reviewer but that doesn’t mean I’m just going to rave about and give this a 115/10. I will start with Born a Freak 1 and will later get into #2.

(Craig expect you to know basic stuff...switches, palms etc., If there is a hard /not well known move then craig explains it in detail)

Born a Freak 1 routines (not all just my favorites):

1.A sweet transpo

Effect: A piece of a packet of love hearts keep on changing places with a coin. As a kicker ending both items are placed on the same hand and fuse into an impossible object.

Thoughts: Well I don't really see this as something I would use. There are not any love hearts where I live plus I have to get an extra something. I didn't really care for this one. The sleights are easy and not really that hard at all for an intermediate coin magician (like myself). Craig explains a re-set for people who plan on using this.

2.Eagles are better than pigeons

Effect: Deck of cards shown. Invisible button on the deck is pressed and a coin shoots out from the deck. Coin is examined and card is selected. The coin is vanished and reappears in the deck on top of the card. This is repeated again. The card is lost into the pack and the cards are placed in the box on the table. Visually the coin changes into the folded up selected card.

My thoughts: Wow, what a great commercial routine. I have not tried this with anybody as I want to polish this. first. The set-up is very easy not hard at all. You need a deck of cards and an extra something which if you are a card magician you will have plenty of. There are some sleights used in the routine but don't let that discourage you. Some photos would have been nice to accompany the steps. Re-set mega mega easy and fast. Really is a worker.

3.East meets west
Effect: A Chinese coin keeps on transposing with a half dollar until at the end it switches in the spectator’s hand.
My thoughts: Hehe. Nice. Very great routine. You should be proficient at coin magic to be able to do this routine and make it flow. I loved this. The element of having a Chinese coin brings up the spectators attention and In my experience they get much more involved. The last step when it happens in the spectators hands just nearly kills them. Such a great piece of routine. Re-set mega easy as always. All you need for this one is a sh*** and the Chinese coin.
4. The Prestige
Effect: Basically a card is selected and placed back in the pack. The magician patter about the movie The Prestige where the man teleports from one door and appears on the other. He offers to demonstrate the same effect but with basically business cards. One spectator signs a business card and places it in his wallet. The magician takes out another business card and draws a stickman on it. He claims that the stickman will vanish, go through the deck find your card and appear on the business card in the wallet. Voila the spectator opens the wallet and inside is a drawing of the stickman hold a card.

My thoughts: Craig has done it again! Craig is talking facts when he says everyone has seen the prestige. So true I get asked about it a lot. Anyways this routine combines a couple of principles which are actually really cool and awesome. This routine has a lot of audience interactions which I always like when performing. Craig also talks about actually getting the physical card in the wallet with the business card which is not a bad idea but I prefer to leave it simply how it is. It is strong enough as it is. Thank you for sharing this in the e-book. Real worker. Basically instant re-set. You will need one thing though which is now widely available. Would have appreciated just one photo to see how Craig draws his stickmen on business cards with the cards but no worries.

That’s it for me in Born a Freak 1. Don’t forget there are other routines but did not call my attention. If anyone is interested though I guess I could give a description and my thoughts with them. Let me know. Now onto Born a Freak 2... (let me see if I can find the document where I reviewed this)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Review of Born a Freak 1&2 by Craig Petty (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL