The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Icarus effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brooks Allen
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Brooks Allen
Hi guys,
I have now had the Icarus for a year now and need more space age material.
Icarus buyers will know what I mean.

If you have any questions, pm me so I can verify to you that I have Icarus, and pm me if anyone knows where I can get this material.

All the best magic lovers,

Brooks
Bill Thompson
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
422 Posts

Profile of Bill Thompson
You can buy the material from the maker on his web site. If you own the effect, you would know this.
"To let understanding stop at what cannot be understood is a high attainment.
Those who cannot do it will be destroyed on the lathe of heaven." - Chuang Tse
Frank Russell
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta Georgia
128 Posts

Profile of Frank Russell
I don't own Icarus, but I am presuming it uses the same material that Criss Angel uses on his levitation. If so, that material can be found everywhere.
Brooks Allen
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Brooks Allen
Also, the other thing was is that I'm in desperate need of finding some good cargo pants, like the ones he has on in the demo with all of the pockets and stuff.
Does anyone know where to get these, as I have really cheap and suspicious looking ones.
PM me if you know.

Brooks
Frank Russell
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta Georgia
128 Posts

Profile of Frank Russell
Brooks, I don't know where you are in the world, but if you have "sportsmen" or "recreation" type stores in your city, those seem to be the best. Snow and Ski shops are great, too. In the U.S., some of the popular stores would be Bass Pro Shops or R.E.I. No matter where you are in the world, you can order from these sites online. I shop from both of them. Bass is open to the general public, and they offer a discount card for future purchases based on what you purchase today. R.E.I. is a members only store; however, the membership is free, and you just fill out a form to get your ID number. Both places also sell the perfect shoe for levitation. I hope this helps.
Bill Thompson
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
422 Posts

Profile of Bill Thompson
Quote:
On 2009-12-04 22:57, FrankRussell wrote:
I don't own Icarus, but I am presuming it uses the same material that Criss Angel uses on his levitation. If so, that material can be found everywhere.

It does not use the same material...

Yes, I own both effects... sad to say. When I first began studying magic, for a while I chased the "perfect" self levitation. It proved to be a will-o-the-wisp in the end. It was an expensive lesson to learn.
Frank Russell
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta Georgia
128 Posts

Profile of Frank Russell
Hey, misterbill. I was mistaken on the "space age material". I guess he calls it that to add to the story of Icarus. Anyway, it is hard to find and very expensive as I am sure you know. If I ever needed the material, I would just get it from a med supplier here in Atlanta. Brooks found a couple of websites, too, I believe. It's very expensive, though.

Ahh, the "perfect" self levitation. I have looked for it for years. Hundreds of dollars spent, and some were disappointments...especially the Angel DVD. I do like the Loughran ideas, but I am looking for something better or high tech. I have some ideas in my journal, but I just need to take some time to put together a demo. Who knows? Maybe I will be the next lev device millionaire. haha
Brooks Allen
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Brooks Allen
Dude, I'm with you all the way.
PM me about your ideas!!

Brooks
DekEl
View Profile
Inner circle
Creates MindTricks. Has exactly:
1172 Posts

Profile of DekEl
Quote:
On 2009-11-27 16:26, Brooks Allen wrote:
Hi guys,
I have now had the Icarus for a year now and need more space age material.
Icarus buyers will know what I mean.

If you have any questions, pm me so I can verify to you that I have Icarus, and pm me if anyone knows where I can get this material.

All the best magic lovers,

Brooks

Hi, Brooks, if I'm not mistaken, you can get it only from a medical store.
You can purchase my works at: http://www.GetMindTricks.com
MarvinWang
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of MarvinWang
Quote:
On 2009-12-21 07:33, DekEl wrote:
Hi, Brooks, if I'm not mistaken, you can get it only from a medical store.

That's what I thought, too......
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
A medical supply store, or ask around at a hospital.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
This effect plays well among basketball players who need a little "lift"...beats a pair of Nikes. Smile

Regards,
Mike
PepeRuizSJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Dallas, TX
250 Posts

Profile of PepeRuizSJ
Misterbill, I'm looking for a review of this effect, but I can't find it. Would you mind posting a comparative review between Criss Angel's and Icarus. That would be interesting. I see he is selling his effect for $400. I thought the price would include materials. It seems like it doesn't. Do you think it was a good purchase? Thanks.
Bill Thompson
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
422 Posts

Profile of Bill Thompson
OK, I have an Icarus effect & I have watched the video of Angel's levitation. So here goes... Do you want to levitate? Are you willing to do some work to make these effects and practice them until you can perform them properly and flawlessly? If you answered yes to both of these questions, then spend you money and get either one. The only real difference to the spectator is that one is performed facing the spectator and other is performed with your back to the spectator.

Icarus effect: You get a kit containing everything you need to make the effect, except shoes and pants.

Angel: A DVD which teaches you how to make and perform the illusion. You have to get all the material yourself, but it is easy to acquire.

Value you get for your money: With Icarus, you get the needed material to make the effect (except clothing and shoes), including tools and a DVD that shows you how to make it and how to perform it. The material can be expensive and hard to come by on your own. With Angel's, you get a DVD, and that's it. The material, on the other hand, isn't all that expensive (I am not including the clothing you have to supply) & is easy to find.

As far as whether you made a good purchase or not? Well, ask yourself some questions...

Did you take time to make the effect, or just look at the DVD and then put it away?
Did you learn to perform the illusion and go out and do it for people?
Are you a professional entertainer and using this effect to make money, or did you get it to impress friends and the "boys" the club/shop?

If you don't make it, you wasted your money. If you don't perform it for others, you wasted your money. If you are making money using the effect in your show, you have probably already recouped your investment.

I think that $400.00 isn't too mush to ask for either of these for one simple reason. There is no reason for kids & hobbyist magicians to be buying these illusions just to find out how they work or to perform them badly and expose them.

So yes, IMO, you get what you pay for with both of them if you perform them the way they were intended.

For a better and more comprehensive review, check out this thread:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=92
Andrew Lewis
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Andrew Lewis
The "space age material" is something used by physiotherapists.
Chris Bruce
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
213 Posts

Profile of Chris Bruce
If you email Aaron (Icarus' creator), he can supply you with more of the space age material.

@PepeRuizSJ: Do a search! When these effects came out, they sparked some lengthy threads. There are plenty of reviews/comparisons of these and most other self-levs. In my opinion, Icarus and Balducci are still the best ones.

Chris
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Icarus is the best.

Regards,
Mike
Jboeskin
View Profile
New user
Yuma, AZ
81 Posts

Profile of Jboeskin
Are you guys happy with the Icarus levitation? I was very, very into levitations a couple of years ago, but I have gotten over them. I just couldn't find one that I was satisfied with because most were too complicated, didn't look great, or I didn't like certain devices. Well, I actually really enjoyed performing the Balducci, but it has become so overexposed that most people are aware of the method. Would you recommend the Icarus levitation?
Jboeskin
View Profile
New user
Yuma, AZ
81 Posts

Profile of Jboeskin
Also, I would like to have something I can walk around comfortably with...
toph
View Profile
Regular user
Dock o' the Bay, California
162 Posts

Profile of toph
Quote:
On 2010-08-08 05:07, Jboeskin wrote:
Also, I would like to have something I can walk around comfortably with...

You most definitely can walk around comfortably with the Icarus Effect. The spectators will be none the wiser, too, with the right clothing. It is a great levitation.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Icarus effect (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL