We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Cheek To Cheek Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ShizNick
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of ShizNick
Can anyone give me their Comment/Review on Cheek to Cheek deck? Is this a good trick to buy or is it just a new and improved Stripper Deck?
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1001 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
i think this effect is really amazing.
i would say buy it if your just starting out in card magic. also to make this effect a little better buy Michael Ammars card video number 3, there he teaches a great way of faroing the cards face up and face down that you can do even when the hands are being burned.

im sure others would comment differently but in my oppinion it is a great visual effect.
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2111 Posts

Profile of marko
The Cheek To Cheek deck allows you to do a super-easy, super-clean version of Triumph. The cards can be shuffled face-up and face-down, squared, and spread cleanly to show their condition. It's 100% convincing and requires no sleight-of-hand. However, it's gaffed and unexaminable. This is the only trick you're going to be able to do with this deck without switching. That's the bad news. The good news is, if you do this effect well enough you won't need to do another trick. It's very strong. I recommend it.

BTW, it's nothing remotely like a stripper deck. Also, Alexander deCova has a great handling of it on one of his Treasures videos.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
544 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
I would have to agree with everything that marko said on this trick. But even if you get tired of this trick you can use the gimmick(s) for other tricks -- so all in all it is really a no lose situation!
Follow me on Twitter @RobertSixx as I start to post random thoughts on Magic, etc... Facebook -- Robert Sixx
ShizNick
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of ShizNick
I think I'll buy this deck instead of Sneak A Peek. This sounds more creative and it uses a Bicycle deck, not some crappy design for Sneak A Peek deck.
magicpro
View Profile
New user
montreal
51 Posts

Profile of magicpro
i have this effect, and i love it i never leave home with out it Smile
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
544 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
I am not sold on Sneak A Peek, so I would have to agree with you on this!
Follow me on Twitter @RobertSixx as I start to post random thoughts on Magic, etc... Facebook -- Robert Sixx
ShizNick
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of ShizNick
Hey, I'm looking everywhere for this trick and I cant find it. Magic Pro, Hank Lee, and Penguin don't carry Cheek to Cheek. Where did you guys buy the trick???
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1572 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
I'm sure the dealers who advertise here can track it down if you ask them.

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
You can also use this for a SUPER CONVINCING ambitious card, and can do many regular tricks with it, just not ones that use the whole deck.

You could easily set this one deck up for many other tricks, but it still won't be examinable
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4304 Posts

Profile of Paul
I'm surprised Hank Lee didn't sell it. Tannen's probably do. The newer dealers probably don't because its a very old trick. Basically you are better learning a triumph effect, as otherwise you are buying a one trick deck.

A better version was a Mark Elsdon presentation called "Chaos and Order".

The most recent marketed variation was F. Paul Wilson's "Technicolor Cheek to Cheek". I know L & L did advertise that.

Try doing a web search on those two.

Paul.
Many of my titles are now available as e-books from www.lybrary.com
New e-book OOPS 2 just released, check it out!
Out now, The Chicken and Egg Revelation.
dillib
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of dillib
This is a killer trick. Plays well for both magicians and laymen.
Ojasa
View Profile
New user
U.S.
75 Posts

Profile of Ojasa
I know you can get it at http://www.showplacemagic.com, but I think it is also in RRTCM. For a few dollars more call the shop have them send you RRTCM and the proper gaffs to create the Cheek to cheek deck on your own....

Ojasa Smile
that magic is an art, and an art worth your learning. The question is rather, whether you be capable of learning it? Magic is somewhat like poetry, men are to be born so: I mean, with inclinations to it, though both may be heightened by discourse and prac
zeroG
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of zeroG
Cool trick. But another bad point is the reset time.
Bobcape
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
470 Posts

Profile of Bobcape
I used to use a Cheeck-to-Cheeck deck years ago when I started table-hopping. It always got a good reaction. I've even used it in the past as a 1st trick to teach a budding magician. I no longer use it for either. It has limited uses versus a straight deck of bikes. After having taught my daughter (9 at the time) to do a version of triumph, I believe triumph is a much better effect for both the audience and as a learning tool. I also have to agree with zeroG, the reset is killer! That's not what you want in a table-hopping environment.
Bob
Be Amazed! + Enjoy The Magic!
spatrick
View Profile
Elite user
Tom Sawyer let me whitewash these
490 Posts

Profile of spatrick
Triumph is great, however if you do only one quick card bit, cheek to cheek gets them every time. Its my favorite gaffed deck.

I do have to disagree with Marko on one point though. If you think about if enough there are a few routines you can do with a cheek to cheek deck. I have a friend who uses cheek to cheek to reverse one card and then uses half the deck in a card box to do a rising card effect (Kundalini Rising).

If you do perform with a cheek to cheek deck I seriously advise that you perfect a deck switch in your routine. This allows you to perform the gaffed deck effect and then switch it out with a regular one.

Heres a great effect. Place your cheek to cheek deck inside your Screwed Deck (Paul Harris) box. Two built in routines.

S. Patrick
fvdbeek
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of fvdbeek
Cheek to Cheek is one of the most underestimated tricks. Get it.

Frans
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1593 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Indeed, just ask Bob Sheets =) His new set had killer routine with it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Cheek To Cheek Deck (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.225930 seconds, requiring 60 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [3] [2] [0] [8] [9] [0] [7] [4]