The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Dancing Cane aluminium by Tango (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1724 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Hello everybody,

I'm looking for a product review of the Dancing Cane by Tango made out of aluminium. I've heard that it's collapsible. What does this mean?

How well is it to work with?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Oliver.
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1724 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Nobody bought this item?
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
I do have their dancing wand, and it's very bad quality. It comes in 2 pcs, which you need to screw for assembling. However, the screw is loose. Thus, you can not assembly it perfectly. NOT RECOMMENDED.
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
I had a two-piece dancing cane that became a little loose over the years. I remedied the problem by wrapping a strip of paper around the plug that fits into the upper half of the cane, tearing the paper strip to make the quick-fix thinner if necessary. Then when I assembled the top half of the cane, the extra paper made for a snug and reliable fit. Don't know if that will work with the loose screw that Indomagic describes above, but maybe worth a try.

As far as "collapsible" dancing canes go, I think the Fantasio dancing cane (with the extra weight inserted to alter the balance point) qualifies. I had a collapsible dancing cane that was made out of cardboard and thought the extended cane looked too thin to be reliable as a legitimate cane/walking stick. It's advertising "strong point" was that, being made of cardboard, it was lighter than a traditional cane and, hence, a finer thread could be used. This was before the balsa wood canes became available.

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1724 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Thanks for your replies, guys. Any others who purchased this cane and could say something about its quality?

Thanks.

Oliver.
Fantasy Knight
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto,Ontario,Canada
244 Posts

Profile of Fantasy Knight
I do believe this is the very exact same cane I have but can't seem to the find the instructions for it to verify it is, but I'm sure it is.
The part where it comes unscrewed comes lose like indomagic said, and the only way to fix it is to do what I did. Well, I'm sure there's other ways, but where there's two sets of holes, one up and one down, I blocked the one that's up, which is where my screw part was lose, and I filled it with melted coat hanger, took a file to it, and that's the end of that. Now it's flashy and light weight and, yes, comes apart to pack nice. But on the down side of things, I find the moves are not as smooth. It's like you're pulling it around as where the plastic ones just seem to float as they're so light weight. Myself, today, I use a plastic appearing cane, and I made a little something to add and take away to make it float. So my advice, no, I wouldn't get one.

Rick Anderson
Grew up near one of the greatest minds in magic the late Stewart James, in a town called Wallaceburg just 15 mins from Courtright where James could be found, time and time again he would inspire me to always be creative and just love all magic.
markis
View Profile
Veteran user
379 Posts

Profile of markis
Precision Magic used to make the one piece aluminum Dancing Cane. Speaking of cane routines, check out David Mann's dancing cane and his DVD.
dogical
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of dogical
I just got this and

it sucks in balancewise
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1724 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Dogical,

Where did you get David Mann's Dancing Cane from ?

I thought he closed his shop ?

Oliver.
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
He did. I heard from a friend that his latter canes were'nt as good as the first ones.

Still, I'd love to own one of those.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
joemcdull
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of joemcdull
Another vote for David Mann
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
Sorry if its in the wrong place, Has anyone seen this one, http://www.52magic.com/index.php?gOo=goo......uctname= contact me please.
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
I bought one out of curiosity. It is surprisingly good quality.
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Except it really doesn't look like any type of cane you'd see except on stage. Walt
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1411 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
Wait for the Wack-o-Magic cane.. it will be totally worth the wait... and it will weight less, so you can use thinner T#$##d... and it will look like a CANE not a prop.. but a REAL cane!! LIke you'd see at an antique shop or the movies!
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Quote:
On 2011-09-09 12:58, SpellbinderEntertainment wrote:
Except it really doesn't look like any type of cane you'd see except on stage. Walt

You see canes like these on my stage. The whole point of my stage show being that people are not supposed to witness things they normally would on, you know, elsewhere.
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1411 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
They're here... and they're beautiful!

http://wack-o-magic.com/wackomagic/Dancing_Cane.html
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
What is the length of the Canes? They really look great! Nice job, the magic society needs a cane that actually looks like a walking stick.
billappleton
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Gatos, California
1154 Posts

Profile of billappleton
Wow that does look really great. Amazing at 2 ounces.
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1411 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
The new canes are about 34 1/2 inches. I had to make them a bit shorter than a regular 36" can to fit into a mailing tube. ug.. Sacrificing art for practicality... it's kind of what magic is sometimes all about!!

it also comes with an 8 page treatise ... not only step by step directions.. but my thoughts about what a dancing cane should be... and why.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Dancing Cane aluminium by Tango (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL