The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Kid Show Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2009-12-10 11:28, rookrulz wrote:
Let me throw in my 2 cents.

Take out 5 card opener and smart ***. Kids will NOT enjoy card tricks until they are about 9. So most of your audience will not like the tricks. Second, 5 card is too slow of an opener, with kids you have about 3-4 minutes to get them involved and gain control of them. That trick will not do it.

Stick with the originals, like P,b and J, coloring book, needle thru balloon, etc. They are not as exciting but there is a reason why pro magicians still do them. Get Chris Capehart's DVD. There are a few things on there that are perfect. Don't do his style but look at his props.

Chico is an awesome trick BUT while 3-5 yr olds will watch it and love the puppet, they will not understand the actual trick that he is doing. Dave Risley does a rabbit in hat puppet that the younger kids would like.

Hope that helps

Louis Meyer

Sorry, Louis, you should preface your remarks with IMHO. I perform Terry Luncford's 6 card repeat for ALL ages and they love it. Pom Pom Pole for 3 years to corporate they love it. Maybe you are not trying hard enough. Only give advice and preface it with something like, "that's what I've found anyway."

Hobson's balloon bag I specifically use in case there are real young children at the gig. THEY LOVE IT!

Do you have any performance videos we can evaluate? Maybe we can help.

J
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Kid Show Routine (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL