The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Dream Deck by Nick V. & Jeff Bloom (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

pduffie
View Profile
Veteran user
Scotland
340 Posts

Profile of pduffie
I intended to post this on one of two Dream Deck threads that I had read a few weeks ago. But one of the threads is now locked, and the other thread appears to now be an invisible thread. So, this is not intended to be a review, as such, just a quick opinion. Anyway, I ordered a Dream Deck from http://www.therealmagicrealm.com and it arrived in the UK in a week. After I received it I was also sent a PDF with further ideas. So, excellent service and an equally excellent product.

The Dream Deck is a great idea. While it falls into the category of the Walsh/Koran deck or Kennedy Mind Power Deck (to name but two), due to a new arrangement the repeated force cards are better concealed. In fact, I spread through the cards when I first opened it and didn't see the set up. I am perfectly confident giving this deck to a spectator and asking them to spread through and think of a card. If I didn't see the set-up ... neither will they! This is the "think of a card" deck I will use from now on.

You also receive some excellent routines and ideas to get you going with the deck. However, experienced mentalists/magicians will have their own ideas for this deck. This is a tool with many uses.

Best Wishes

Peter
Alternative Magic
ziggystarsane
View Profile
New user
Melbourne - Australia
92 Posts

Profile of ziggystarsane
Hi Peter

Great review.

I was actually considering ordering this deck recently as I like the concept of the effect "SANITY". However I was just wondering if you have performed it and if it is as clean as per the advertisement below.

Many thanks,

Ziggystarsane

"Imagine a spectator thinks of a card as you SLOWLY fan them in front of their eyes.
Anothe r spectator then selects a card and removes it from the deck.
You hand the deck to the 1st person, and tell them to concentrate on their card as you attempt to read their mind.
You write a number down.
You do not ask a question!
No one asks a single question!
As a matter of fact, NO QUESTIONS are asked by ANYONE!!!!
The spectator simply names their mentally selected card.
You then show the number and your prediction is always correct!
THEY can fan the remaining cards!
One has something written on its back....the name of the card the 2nd person picked! In fact, you can even invite them to deal down to that number and then turn over their mentally selected card"
Alexnf
View Profile
New user
Hamburg, Germany
13 Posts

Profile of Alexnf
I also ordered the deck from http://www.therealmagicrealm.com/ . It came to Greece in 3 days by airmail ! I haven't had the chance to play with it a lot but it is a great deck with huge potential. I also go the supplement with extra routines. Also their support and service is not only excellent , but when I asked for a question regarding the presentation, they gave me not only a good solution but many more ideas ! So 2 thumbs up for Nick and Jeff.
Cheers,

Alex
pduffie
View Profile
Veteran user
Scotland
340 Posts

Profile of pduffie
Hi Ziggystarsane:

There was some confusion raised in a previous thread about the "Sanity" effect and the significance of the 'number' - and I was one of those who was confused by the effect as outlined in the ad. I should point out that I didn't buy this for any of the routines - I simply wanted a think-a-card deck that I could be confident using. And I got that. To try to clarify the "Sanity" effect without exposure:

After the spectator thinks of a card in the spread deck, you write a number (bold and large) on the card case without showing it. In fact you could write the number before they think of a card. It doesn't affect the working of the trick. There is only one number. Once the spectator names the card they are thinking of, this number is shown to represent the number of pips. The rest of the trick is as explained in your post. It's hard for me to say anything further without revealing too much of the method. There's a whole presentation going on that could be different each time you perform.

Peter
Alternative Magic
ryesteve
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of ryesteve
Quote:
On 2009-12-21 19:24, pduffie wrote:
I intended to post this on one of two Dream Deck threads that I had read a few weeks ago. But one of the threads is now locked

After having purchased the deck, I can now see that the locked thread would've been helpful to me. Was that locked for "exposure"? All I see is someone trying to steer the conversation towards an admission that the effect isn't nearly as clean as the ad copy implies. If that thread had been allowed to continue, I think it would've been a benefit to potential purchasers. Clearly some are quite happy with this deck. I'm not one of them, and a little more detail (as in where the other thread was beginning to go) would've let me deduce this in advance.
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
817 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
Quote:
On 2009-12-22 09:10, pduffie wrote:
There's a whole presentation going on that could be different each time you perform.

Peter

Correct.
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
Mr. E. Casey
View Profile
New user
Bay Area, California
64 Posts

Profile of Mr. E. Casey
Where can I purchase this deck? Anyone know?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Dream Deck by Nick V. & Jeff Bloom (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL