The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Spiritus Magnus (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..17..23..29..35..41..42~43~44 [Next]
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
Oops, I misspoke when I said pendulum, as that is additional accessory. I meant the planchette, as Necroloid pointed out. I've pre-ordered these other accessories, so I guess I'm anxious for them too...
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
These are not the best shots. The flash kinda washed out the brass corners and the detail of the wood a bit, but it is kinda stunning isn't it Smile

2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Incredible...

I was not expecting that tonight!

You just sold a tonne more of these by posting these pics.

stunning work!
xxx
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1911 Posts

Profile of chmara
Amazing looking work -- not only are you to be congratulated by we who are theatrical mediums -- but the thousands of spirits waiting to come through should descend and inhabit your forehead with joy and happiness.

Four or five years ago when you were fist starting up I wondered if you would have the tenacity and fortitude to put up with us weird magicians AND make a living. I know it has not been easy -- but I must say you have become one of the best sources for bizarre magic in this age -- AND -- have remained relatively sane.

How did you do it? And -- the ideas keep coming? You must live in a very odd crypt to make this all come together and work.

Thank you for being bizarre and weird enough to make a business helping those of us who do not have the creative and coordinating building skills you exhibit with Spiritus Magnus ...

Since I have some of Tim's other stuff I know this IS a must have for seance...and wonder if we can arrange, through you, to make sure this device does not interfere with triggering our other devices simultaneously?
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
Wow. The drawer makes any gimmicking in the middle look impossible. Also, the black coloring of the planchette shows up beautifully against the wood finish. Since 25% of the 50 are already sold even before the first one is shipped, the only question seems to be how many months before they are all gone.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
I've made a decision that I will stand by and I hope you boys can respect where I'm coming from.

Partly from a business standpoint and partly out of respect for my buyers. Before this product is even shipped almost 30% of the 50 are sold.

I expect another 20 units to sell in the next couple of weeks.

I honestly did not expect these to sell that quick.

I've received several emails in the past couple of days from customers of mine that are dismayed that 50 units will be sold before they can afford to purchase it.

Considering that and the time that went into developing the Spiritus, I've made the decision to increase the run to 75 units.

75 units is a very limited run. I promise there will be no additional units made after # 75 is sold.

I have to give long time customers the opportunity to aquire this a month or two down the road when they are in a position to do so.

If anyone has purchased this based on a 50 unit run and would like to back out, that's not a problem.

I believe 75 units puts you buyers in a very exclusive club.

This is not all about making money, it's about giving people the opportunity to get a truly beautiful piece of bizarre magic before it's gone forever.

At 50 units, that could happen pretty quick, leaving some of my long time customers out of luck.

I estimate that it will probably take 2-3 months and the 75 units will be gone.

Please respect my decision. I create products for you guys and I want to give a fair chance for buyers to get one.

I also want to thank Karl Feret for his wonderful craftsmanship. Tim Wisseman for his brilliant "ïnner werks" and Looch for his cool top design.

(scroll up for new pics)

-Rick
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
921 Posts

Profile of necroloid
Roth I would put it up to an even 100 if I were you! once reviews and photos including the extras start showing up you will sell out faster than you think!
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
Quote:
On 2010-02-04 00:09, jonnyboy wrote:
Wow. The drawer makes any gimmicking in the middle look impossible.

Amazing.

Congratulations on another fine release!
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
I think that many others on here will agree that the increase to 75 is not that bad. At least it's not 1000 etc.

One suggestion I might make is removing it from the outlaw website once it is sold out -- or at least do not have pics of it up there. Spectators these days are smart and google is a wonderfuly easy tool to use.

This is by far the single most beautiful piece of equipment I think you have ever produced, you should be proud Rick. This is a gorgeous show piece that will become a collectible no doubt.

Now -- if only we had pics of the accesories!

;)
xxx
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
Fantastic Looking--I already bought without seeing the photos because I trust Outlaw's Product. By the way Roth is the Photo for Number one?
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
Another question, Rick. Assuming that the number is actually on the SM, where is it? On the bottom?
As for buying it on the basis of an exclusive run of 50, I didn't base my purchasing decision on that (in fact, you hadn't announced the limited run nature at all at that point). It is very decent of you to offer people their money back, but there's no way I want to give mine up, and after seeing the pics, I doubt anyone else will.
John
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Johnnyboy...

I have it on good authority that the number is burned/engraved into the inside drawer.

J
xxx
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
Perfect. Thanks.
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Want one!!!!!
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
The board looks heavy...

how heavy is it?

Curious
xxx
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Some better pics Smile

2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
BRAVO!!!
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Another one (scroll up for the other better shot Smile

2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
Simply beautiful in every way.

I am always excited for new Outlaw items, but I really can't wait to get my hands on this.
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1911 Posts

Profile of chmara
As an old marketeer (and I do mean old) let me suggest that you issue the 75 regular edition -- then issue a last 25 with a few changes as limited edition high end models for collectors. The changes could include -

Changing the top to a leather inlaid with guilt. Or guilt edge letters as you might find painted on glass.

Upgraded brass trims.

Upgraded planchette with special trim.

Especially deigned and limited edition pendulum to use with set.

A "book of answered questions" in the Luna Rose style -- that ties to the board.

A rapping hand appliance (25 ONLY)

A way t designbate (an attached engraved plate, for instance) who the bard was created for.

Limit the order time - Number this set with a "Serial number" on hidden part of drawer, under table - planchette, etc. listing such on a certificate of authenticity signed (in person) by each of the creators.

Jack the price to $1,000 plus -- then if only 10 sell in the allotted time it becomes your choice whether to make or withdraw the rest of the run -- OR hold a few to sell even dearer after a year or so...signed and numbered as are art prints in galleries.

And I am sure all here can add other ideas to include -- possibly a special cover -- a case, etc. etc.
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Spiritus Magnus (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..17..23..29..35..41..42~43~44 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL