The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2010 entrée: Pete Biro » » Any favourite cards tricks you perform. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve James
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Steve James
Hi Pete.
I love the cards, even though Im just a bumbling amateur,do you have any card tricks that you keep polished to perform at a moments notice?

Thanks

Steve.
Pete Biro
View Profile
V.I.P.
18233 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
That's a good question.

I have pretty much stopped learning new card tricks as I feel I have enough whenever I do close-up magic.

I always keep a Queen of Spades rigged with the Koornwinder Kard Kontrol, and when I remember the Aces for MacDonald's Aces. I use Emile Clifton's laydown from his STARTLED version of that routine.

The tricks in my standard repertoire are: Ambitious card, Peter Kane's BULLET, Vernon's Triumph or Slop Shuffle. Card on forehead. Grant's impromptu Out of This World. A variation of Whit Haydn's Chicago Surprise and card in wallet.

If I'm really set for a more formal session, I have often opened with Don Alan's Big Deal and used the Koornwinder Kar.

Packet trick wise I love Maven's BWAVE, Ron Bauer's version of GYPSY CURSE and one new one Dean Dill taught me, but I forget the name of it. It's a gaffed version of Dr.Daley's last trick.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Steve James
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Steve James
Thanks for those answers,Pete.
The gaffed Dr Daley"s might be "Double Back" by John Allen.
Pete Biro
View Profile
V.I.P.
18233 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Yes, it is "Double Back" ... one of the best packet tricks I've ever seen. It's Dean Dill's favorite.
jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Lakewood, IL.
817 Posts

Profile of jskalon
Hi Pete,
Do you ever perform Hop Along Pete anymore? I think I told you this before, but Pete atually survived being submerged in a floded basement. He still works. I had to buy another key from Magic Inc. I bought that trick in the late 70's.
For those that don't who hop Along pete is, it's a mechanical wind up frog used in a card trick of Pete's.
Jack Skalon
http://www.BigJackMagic.com
"That's my story and I'm stickin' to it"
Pete Biro
View Profile
V.I.P.
18233 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I still have the frog, he sits on top of my computer monitor. I should revive the routine. Thanks for reminding me of it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2010 entrée: Pete Biro » » Any favourite cards tricks you perform. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.045241 seconds, requiring 28 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [3] [0] [1] [5] [6] [2] [3] [8]